Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

New PhysX Games

NVIDIA has several new PhysX announcements this morning this one announces that Sega has licensed both PhysX and NVIDIA's APEX technologies as the development platform for all Sega studios. There is also an announcement PhysX is being used in Dark Void "to render realistic weapons, debris, and smoke effects." This press release announces PhysX for Darkest of Days, and The Future of Mankind Depends on NVIDIA PhysX Technology has news that PhysX support will be part of Terminator Salvation.

View
13. Re: New PhysX Games Apr 28, 2009, 21:26 Nucas

i guess most of you kids are too young to remember the whole 3dFX bullshit and the era of original 3D accelerators - people said the same garbage you currently spout.. did that stop 3D GPUs from becoming completely ubiquitous? not by a long shot
i was thinking of 3dfx too, but more of how they kept trying to foist glide on an industry that no longer cared.

there are a lot of future trends i could see taking hold well before physics processing, like dedicated ray-tracing units. the current state of the market, with the biggest player now a subsidiary of nvidia with their tech proprietary, phyics processing is just going to stay a novelty.

i'd really like to hear it from a developer what they'd most like to incorporate into their tech.

This comment was edited on Apr 28, 2009, 21:28.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Apr 28, 10:28 Re: New PhysX Games KilrathiAce
  2. Apr 28, 10:47  Re: New PhysX Games space captain
  3. Apr 28, 11:41 Re: New PhysX Games theyarecomingforyou
  14. Apr 29, 20:23  Re: New PhysX Games GT
  4. Apr 28, 12:03 Re: New PhysX Games space captain
>> 13. Apr 28, 21:26  Re: New PhysX Games Nucas
  5. Apr 28, 12:51 Re: New PhysX Games Verno
  7. Apr 28, 15:39  Re: New PhysX Games space captain
  9. Apr 28, 16:13   Re: New PhysX Games Verno
  10. Apr 28, 16:35    Re: New PhysX Games space captain