Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Fallout 3 DLC at Retail

Electronic Theatre has news that boxed retail editions of The Pitt and Operation Anchorage, the first two DLC packages for Fallout 3, are in the works (thanks Joystiq), as Amazon has listings or the DLC for PC and Xbox 360. The items carry a May 26 release date, but curiously don't seem to include Broken Steel, the upcoming third DLC for the post-apocalyptic RPG sequel.

View
30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

30. Re: Fallout 3 DLC at Retail Apr 29, 2009, 19:44 Number6

Two retail packages for the three titles will cost more per title than one retail package with all three.

Finish high school, then come back to me with your retraction.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

29. Re: Fallout 3 DLC at Retail Apr 29, 2009, 00:53 Jerykk

It's $20 for this... if the third one was there, it would be $30... you wouldn't save any money.

The DLC is overpriced. Putting them all one disc and then charging their combined price makes it all the more obvious. $30 is the price for a full-fledged expansion pack. For an RPG, that means at least 20-30 hours of gameplay. Anchorage, Pitt and Broken Steel combined will likely amount to what, 12 hours?

If Bethesda was smart, they'd wait until Broken Steel was released, then put all three DLC onto a disc and charge $20. This would be better for the following reasons:

1) The disc would have more content and feel more worthwhile.
2) The price would be reasonable.
3) Customers would be attracted to the savings they'd get over buying the DLC separately.

Also, as said, there is going to be more than 3 DLCs.

Did Bethesda ever actually state this officially or did they just mention that they were thinking about it? Personally, I'd prefer they just stop with the DLC and focus on a legitimate expansion.

28. Re: Fallout 3 DLC at Retail Apr 28, 2009, 16:09 StingingVelvet

Just to point out the obvious: the justification for the "ONE DISK ONLY11!1" requirement is that it is evident that the cost of a "3 DLCs on one CD" bundle will be much lower than the sum of the costs of 2 CDs, the first two DLCs on one, the last on the other.

What? It's $20 for this... if the third one was there, it would be $30... you wouldn't save any money.

Also, as said, there is going to be more than 3 DLCs.

You guys continue to baffle me.

27. Re: Fallout 3 DLC at Retail Apr 28, 2009, 13:20 Verno

It takes literally 5 minutes to build your own Fallout 3 dvd with DLC but hey whine away.  

26. Re: Fallout 3 DLC at Retail Apr 28, 2009, 11:16 nin

"Bethesda: release this content on disc!"

"Okay, here."

"ALL ON THE SAME DISC YOU JACKASSES!"

Exactly.

Makes perfect sense to me - get it all on one disc.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

25. Re: Fallout 3 DLC at Retail Apr 28, 2009, 10:46 Elwro

Just to point out the obvious: the justification for the "ONE DISK ONLY11!1" requirement is that it is evident that the cost of a "3 DLCs on one CD" bundle will be much lower than the sum of the costs of 2 CDs, the first two DLCs on one, the last on the other.  

24. Re: Fallout 3 DLC at Retail Apr 28, 2009, 09:41 Mostly_Harmless

I completely avoided GFWL by playing Fallout 3 on the PS3, unfortunately it means I also avoided the DLC.  

23. Re: Fallout 3 DLC at Retail Apr 28, 2009, 02:09 StingingVelvet

We want it all on the same disc because we don't want to wait another month or two for another disc release. Besides, it's dumb having to keep track of 2 DVDs when all the DLC would fit on one.

It's just amazingly nitpicky... who cares? Buy these two now, buy more when they come out. I don't understand how seperate discs is really a problem... no one here has really given a good reason why it is a problem.

I could see being a bit annoyed, but "I'm only buying it if they're all on one disc"... really? You're that fucking picky? I just don't get it.

Maybe if there were only going to be three, I could see it, but it's already been said they will do more than that.

22. Re: Fallout 3 DLC at Retail Apr 27, 2009, 22:47 Jerykk

It is pretty dumb for Bethesda to release a disc with only two DLC. It would make much more sense to release it with Broken Steel as well. It would also make sense for them to release the DLC for PS3 which, for some reason, they aren't doing. All PS3s come with hard drives so that's not the issue. It's possible that Microsoft bribed them but then the PC wouldn't have any DLC either. Most curious.  

21. Re: Fallout 3 DLC at Retail Apr 27, 2009, 22:29 Silicon Avatar

We want it all on the same disc because we don't want to wait another month or two for another disc release. Besides, it's dumb having to keep track of 2 DVDs when all the DLC would fit on one.

Of course if GFWL weren't so junky this wouldn't be an issue. I'd gladly get the DLC over Steam or Stardock's Impulse. With GFWL the mouse doesn't even click the button right. How hard is for some brain at Microsoft to program an app that manages to make the click area offset like that? Duh?

20. Re: Fallout 3 DLC at Retail Apr 27, 2009, 22:14 JaZeeL

"Okay, here."

Exactly.

19. Re: Fallout 3 DLC at Retail Apr 27, 2009, 20:21 StingingVelvet

I've said previously (read: other threads) I was waiting for a bundle of all 3 in order to avoid GfWL (whether it be brick & mortar or from Steam), so Broken Steel has plenty to do with that. I'm not going to buy these 2 and wait to see if they do the same with the 3rd DLC since I've also said I find the 3rd the most interesting of the three (read: other threads). If they never release the 3rd in this fashion then I'll simply never buy any of them. Besides, the sum of the three will actually provide a decent-sized portion of entertainment instead of these brief appetizers

I still don't understand they they have to be on the same disc for you to be interested... unless you think Broken Steel will not come to a disc eventually as well, which is a really improbable scenario considering these are being released that way and Bethesda released all their DLC to disc to date.

It seems to me like you're just finding something to whine about, which is pretty common on this site.

"Okay, here."

18. Re: Fallout 3 DLC at Retail Apr 27, 2009, 18:15 JaZeeL

I've said previously (read: other threads) I was waiting for a bundle of all 3 in order to avoid GfWL (whether it be brick & mortar or from Steam), so Broken Steel has plenty to do with that. I'm not going to buy these 2 and wait to see if they do the same with the 3rd DLC since I've also said I find the 3rd the most interesting of the three (read: other threads). If they never release the 3rd in this fashion then I'll simply never buy any of them. Besides, the sum of the three will actually provide a decent-sized portion of entertainment instead of these brief appetizers.

This comment was edited on Apr 27, 2009, 18:16.

17. Re: Fallout 3 DLC at Retail Apr 27, 2009, 17:35 Marvin T. Martian

I'll get them now (if all 3 are included). And I agree that Bethesda woke up - the sales they lost because of GFWL must have been incredible.
Hopefully all the other makers will realise the same and avoid it for any PC game.

And besides those bit guys have them too.

This comment was edited on Apr 27, 2009, 17:36.

16. Re: Fallout 3 DLC at Retail Apr 27, 2009, 17:02 StingingVelvet

Because I'm avoiding GfWL.

Then you should have said "I'm not buying this if it forces GFWL on me."

Releasing Broken Steel seperately has nothing to do with that.

15. Re: Fallout 3 DLC at Retail Apr 27, 2009, 16:55 nin

Hey, Bethesda woke up and realized that losing sales because of your stupid release platform is perhaps not such a good idea?

Amazing.

Shocking, frankly. Bethesda are masters of ignoring problems and pretending they don't exist...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

14. Re: Fallout 3 DLC at Retail Apr 27, 2009, 16:18 JaZeeL

Because I'm avoiding GfWL.  

13. Re: Fallout 3 DLC at Retail Apr 27, 2009, 15:51 Creston

Hey, Bethesda woke up and realized that losing sales because of your stupid release platform is perhaps not such a good idea?

Amazing.

Creston

12. Re: Fallout 3 DLC at Retail Apr 27, 2009, 15:36 necrosis

So is Games for Windows Live the only way to obtain the DLC right now?

I don't recall seeing The Pitt and Anchorage listed on Steam.
Yep, GfWL is the only way to get it.

11. Re: Fallout 3 DLC at Retail Apr 27, 2009, 15:26 StingingVelvet

Oh well, no sale here until it includes all 3.

I'm sure it will be released seperately, or with another unannounced DLC... why does it matter?

30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo