Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Demigod Updates

A Demigod Day 7 Report is a video of Brad Wardell introducing some of the folks at Stardock who are working on Demigod behind-the-scenes. There is also a Day 8 Status Report that outlines short-term and long-term goals for improving the action/strategy game. Also, Possible Solution- Game running slow is a short post about the possibility that Google Desktop is causing dramatic framerate drops in the game.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Demigod Updates Apr 25, 2009, 18:45 Kxmode

I won't buy from Impulse again. Your technology is whack. It's worse than Steam.

This comment was edited on Apr 25, 2009, 18:46.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Demigod Updates Apr 25, 2009, 16:54 Kxmode

Never fails. Impulse app requires IE7 to even function. I use FF3 and refuse to install anything IE. What I don't understand is why I use GOG's downloader with no problems. Needless to say I can't get Impulse to work so I'm forced to torrent the game. I think it's cool considering Stardock still got my money.

If anyone from Stardock reads this please make a downloader that works with Firefox, or make it so that it's not reliant on browsers, or at the very least maybe ask GOG if they can lend you their downloader app.

This comment was edited on Apr 25, 2009, 18:46.

11. Re: Demigod Updates Apr 25, 2009, 16:30 Kxmode

I was about to torrent this game because there was no demo. But then I had to punch myself in the head. So I went to their site and purchased. This is blind faith, and hope the game is fun. Pray  

10. Re: Demigod Updates Apr 25, 2009, 13:03 BurntSoul

Yup. The only reason why it may take longer is because I'm waiting for someone else to authenticate with everyone while I'm in the match lobby.

After my previous post, I connected to a 4vs4 game. Took me 30 seconds to get into the lobby. The last person was trying to get into the lobby and it took like 2-3 minutes for him. 2 people quit at the end, but I don't think anyone dropped. I think they left because they were on the losing team and getting crushed(rage quitters!).

9. Re: Demigod Updates Apr 25, 2009, 10:37 Bucky

Just so others know, it takes me about 2 minutes to get a game going.

Yeah, I just came out of a skirmish game that only took about 4 minutes to get going. I did notice one guy drop near the end of the game, but I don't know if that was a specific action on his part or a connection problem.

Favor points seem to be working for me correctly now. My game last night had 'em reset to 0, but this game had all of them (minus the previously purchased stuff). I didn't have much to begin with, so no big deal there.

8. Re: Demigod Updates Apr 25, 2009, 10:05 BurntSoul

It takes me about half an hour to actually get a game going.

Just so others know, it takes me about 2 minutes to get a game going. I have a Netgear router + NAT. Yes there are still issues for others, but this puts things into perspective. Issues are getting resolved almost daily and I feel safe and confident by this fact. The lead is making everything known to everyone - he is demonstrably open and honest and fixes are moving along at a noticeable pace. No one is sitting on a patch and things that need to be patched are being done in a logical manner (i.e. just the stuff that needs to be focused on, no fluff).

In short, we are getting daily/every other day updates. Understand that when that happens, not everything is fully regression tested so it makes sense that sometimes they'll have to roll a patch back. I'm all for it as long as they keep it up!

This comment was edited on Apr 25, 2009, 10:07.

7. Re: Demigod Updates Apr 25, 2009, 02:18 Warskull

Multiplayer is still broken, the patch actually made it worse and had to be partially rolled back.  

6. Re: Demigod Updates Apr 25, 2009, 00:47 PropheT

I love this game, it's a lot of fun.  

5. Re: Demigod Updates Apr 25, 2009, 00:22 sponge

It takes me about half an hour to actually get a game going. I have no NAT, and no router. I haven't tried the most recent update though, I played Thursday night.

It may be improving, but it's not at the level it should be for everyone.

This comment was edited on Apr 25, 2009, 00:22.

4. Re: Demigod Updates Apr 24, 2009, 23:43 Bucky

Another update for the MP actually just went up, literally about 30 minutes ago. Haven't had a chance to test it out yet, but then again, it was working just fine for me from the start (aside from the servers getting hammered on the first couple of days).

If you want to keep tabs on the Demigod updates, just peek inside the Journals sections on the Demigod forums. That's where all these updates go.

3. Re: Demigod Updates Apr 24, 2009, 23:29 Dalumberjack

+1 for love of the game  
I never wanted to do this job in the first place! I... I wanted to be... A LUMBERJACK! Leaping from tree to tree! As they float down the mighty rivers of British Columbia! With my best girl by my side! The Larch! The Pine! The Giant Redwood tree! The Seq

2. Re: Demigod Updates Apr 24, 2009, 23:28 Tumbler

MP works fine now. Love this game. It's a lot of fun.  
99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

1. Re: Demigod Updates Apr 24, 2009, 22:54 Fausticle

Have they fix multiplayer for this game? Is it worth getting now?  

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo