Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Zeno Clash

Zeno Clash is now available on Steam, offering the first-person melee fighting game that's the debut title from independent Chilean developer ACE Team. Here's a punch-list of features:

Engaging melee combat in first person
The new melee combat system allows players to perform a variety of movements like deflect & elude combos, knockback finisher punches and punishing grab attacks. Learn new attacks as the game progresses and confronts you with more formidable foes.

Fantastic visuals powered by the Source engine
Players will be immersed in a fantastic world, beautiful and disturbing at the same time. The unprecedented art style brings a fresh new approach to the first person genre. The surreal environments and characters will keep players wanting to discover more.

Survival mode challenges
Jump right into the action in engaging unlockable "tower challenges". The player must overcome enemy waves to progress through the tower levels. The game will rate the player in different categories like speed and performance. A leaderboards system will rank you against your friends, so the challenge never ends.

Deep storyline
Players will play the role of Ghat; the son of a impressive hermaphrodite creature called Father-Mother, whose children form the most powerful clan in the city of Halstedom. Ghat must escape from his family and start an incredible journey with his female companion Deadra, who will aid him in the dangerous lands of Zenozoik.

Bizarre weapons
The game features an unusual arsenal of eccentric weapons that are built from scraps and junk. Hammers and clubs will be the most effective when fighting heavy characters that can only be brought down with extreme force.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Ships Ahoy - Zeno Clash Apr 23, 2009, 02:49 jimnms

From what I read, they said the game was only 4 hours long. I'll wait till it goes on sale for ~$10 again before picking it up. I've got too much to play right now thanks to GoG and their !@#$% sales.  

Steam Profile
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Ships Ahoy - Zeno Clash Apr 22, 2009, 20:27 Howin

All those needing a demo, it sounds like there will be one coming based off this thread:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=846865

13. Re: Ships Ahoy - Zeno Clash Apr 22, 2009, 10:23 Elessar

Evil Timmy - Really enjoyed the 2-3 hours I put into this game today...
/agree... I put some time in last night and really enjoyed the style. The hitboxes did get a little frustrating for me, but I'm getting used to them. It's also a lot more linear than I thought it was going to be, but there are positives in that too. The rest is all pretty impressive. I payed the full $20, but that's the price I had to pay to wait for reviews.

"You don't get what you deserve, you get what you get."

12. Re: Ships Ahoy - Zeno Clash Apr 21, 2009, 22:32 Evil Timmy

Really enjoyed the 2-3 hours I put into this game today. The art style is striking and unique, to the point that I've found myself just staring at my surroundings when I should have been doing other things, like blocking. Which leads into the melee combat which, shockingly for a PC first-person game played on mouse and keyboard, is great. The whole system works well, and combined with often-frantic weapon grabs in the middle of a fight, has rarely frustrated me, and mostly just been a fun challenge. Voice acting is passable, rarely noticeably bad but rarely amazing either, just there. The plot is still unraveling but it's tied to such an interesting world that I'm definitely paying attention. My only real complaint is that some of the animations and damage hitboxes don't seem to entirely match up, however that could pretty easily be tweaked in a patch.

It's worth $20, and I feel the $10 I paid for it was a steal, for something that's truly a gem.

11. Re: Ships Ahoy - Zeno Clash Apr 21, 2009, 20:15 Nate

I got it at $15. The melee combat versus multiple opponents is fun. Messing up and having my pistols or other weapons knocked out of my hands is an extra bonus.

One nutty guy kept ducking my swings. I kicked him several times once I got him down. He deserved it.

Took a big shot from the big cannibal guy. Felt a little wozy. Screen reaction effects are very well done.

10. Re: Ships Ahoy - Zeno Clash Apr 21, 2009, 18:58 StingingVelvet

+1. It was playing the demos of And Yet It Moves and Cogs that convinced me to get them. I think some aspects of Zeno Clash look really good but the videos didn't sell it to me - the current price point is also a bit high and I wasn't prepared to take up the previous offers without a demo.

I don't see how $20 is high... it has quite high production values and seems to be 6-8 hours long, plus challenge modes and Steam achievements.

I got it for $10 and feel like I ripped ACE off like a bandit.

9. Re: Ships Ahoy - Zeno Clash Apr 21, 2009, 18:45 theyarecomingforyou

as cool as this sounds and as much as I want to support indie devs, I am simply not buying this without a demo.
+1. It was playing the demos of And Yet It Moves and Cogs that convinced me to get them. I think some aspects of Zeno Clash look really good but the videos didn't sell it to me - the current price point is also a bit high and I wasn't prepared to take up the previous offers without a demo.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

8. Re: Ships Ahoy - Zeno Clash Apr 21, 2009, 18:38 Zzet

Indeed, I took advantage of the same offer. Downloading as I write this, although I'll have to wait until tomorrow to play it. Kicking an elephant man in the ballbag has always been a dream of mine.  

7. Re: Ships Ahoy - Zeno Clash Apr 21, 2009, 18:08 Krovven

I pre-ordered when it was $9.95

ditto. Based on the vids and pics at the time, I didn't mind taking a chance on it for $10.

6. Re: Ships Ahoy - Zeno Clash Apr 21, 2009, 18:02 Howin

I pre-ordered when it was $9.95

Feels like stealing at that price as the visuals are great.

5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Zeno Clash Apr 21, 2009, 17:49 Hump

as cool as this sounds and as much as I want to support indie devs, I am simply not buying this without a demo. I've been burnt too many times in the past few months by both AAA and indie titles.

I don't mind paying but, c'mon now......

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Zeno Clash Apr 21, 2009, 17:28 Caveman

WTF NO DEMO?????  

3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Zeno Clash Apr 21, 2009, 17:02 StingingVelvet

Great game... a lot more shooting than previews indicated. Amazing art design.  

2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Zeno Clash Apr 21, 2009, 17:00 ppeanut

For those uncertain about the game go read the reviews thread they have on the steam forums:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=843946

1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Zeno Clash Apr 21, 2009, 16:26 Krovven

grrr, they launch this the same day as the L4D patch?

Well I guess if the L4D patch doesnt hit till late, or there are problems with it, then I can play Zeno Clash.

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo