Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Final Fantasy XI Expands

Play Online now offers online sales of A Crystalline Prophecy, the first of three promised expansions for Final Fantasy XI, the cross-platform MMOG. The release of the expansion coincides with the game's April update, which also adds new content.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Final Fantasy XI Expands Apr 20, 2009, 03:47 Flatline

Oh sweet Jesus Christ.

No wonder my friend suddenly stopped returning my calls.

The man has officially stated that the entire goal of his life is to work just enough to play Final Fantasy 11.

I asked him what he'd do when it finally shut down. He blinked and looked at me like I just said the sky was green, and said "but it will never go away..."

His playtime total is something like 2 years... of ingame playing

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Final Fantasy XI Expands Apr 19, 2009, 18:07 necrosis

No NA servers
Why? Raciest or something?
wonky PC controls
I will agree with this, but just buy a gamepad.
no ability to choose a server
Fixed 2 or more years ago.
group required
Its a MMO FFS. Want SP? Go play something offline.
understanding japanese a plus
Plus yes. but FAR from even remotely required.
extremely agressive item/gold selling
This is true. The way FFXI's AH is set up it encourages undercutting.
issues with corrupted and duped items
No more or less than any other MMO that has been around this long.

5. Re: Final Fantasy XI Expands Apr 19, 2009, 07:03 Z9000

Until Square and Sony can figure out how to make a deal to bring FFXI to the PS3 without people integral to the deal quitting mid negotiations, I will wait. I have had mixed feelings about this game for the PC. Heck I have mixed feelings about the game. No NA servers, wonky PC controls, no ability to choose a server, group required, understanding japanese a plus, extremely agressive item/gold selling, issues with corrupted and duped items. I don't mind grinding, and I really want to play it, but those issues really have made me skip it. I am sure I am missing a good game, but sometimes you just got to walk away.  
PS3 resurgance by GOW3 - Check! Mass Effect for PS3 - Check! Diablo 3 for consoles? I say "For sure"!

4. Re: Final Fantasy XI Expands Apr 18, 2009, 22:51 Caveman

I hope they make a sequel that keeps the same amazing class system but cuts down on the grinding. Oh that's my dream MMO.

This comment was edited on Apr 18, 2009, 22:51.

3. Re: Final Fantasy XI Expands Apr 18, 2009, 21:10 beigemore

I play wow now, but I played FFXI for many years. While it sucks as a gigantic time sink, it's hard to beat the character/enemy animations and the balance of everything.  

2. Re: Final Fantasy XI Expands Apr 18, 2009, 18:20 Caveman

Quite a few but it's mostly veterans with all level 75 jobs. I used to play this game like a crazy back in the day and I loved it, probably my favorite MMO ever. The classes were actually unique and fun to play, but the grind got to me.  

1. Re: Final Fantasy XI Expands Apr 18, 2009, 17:57 Wag

Anyone actually still playing this?  

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo