Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Thief 4 Rumor

GameSpot Rumor Mongering Control hashes through indications that Eidos Montreal may be getting set to announce Thief 4. The evidence is this image discovered by the Through the Looking Glass forums, which uses a Thiefy font.

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Thief 4 Rumor May 4, 2009, 17:29 osage no onna

There's a very real chance the protagonist isn't going to be Garrett, which makes me sad, but if the game is any good I'll get over it.

Maybe the anti-medieval quote just means they intend(ed) to make it more steampunk, which I have no qualms with.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Thief 4 Rumor Apr 17, 2009, 15:26 Dead Planet

Love to see another Thief , the Thief games are by far my favorite series. The last one only had 2 irritating things that I can remember, the areas were too small due to consolitis and you couldn't use the climbing gloves everywhere....hopefully they won't modernize the game...the medieval atmosphere greatly contributes to the enjoyment of the game.....if I want a modern stealth game I'll play the Splinter Cell series, which is a damn fine series in it's own right....  

9. Re: Thief 4 Rumor Apr 17, 2009, 14:03 Creston

"People want another Thief, too. We'll make that series more modern, though," he said, adding, "the medieval thing's run its course,"

Wasn't that a quote from like five years ago? I'm not sure that's still valid.

If it is, fuck, I'd LOVE to play a Thief game in a modern setting!

Creston

8. Re: Thief 4 Rumor Apr 17, 2009, 10:10 wtf_man

If Warren Spector is attached to it, I'll breathe a major sigh of relief.

Warren works for Disney now and is making Mickey Mouse crap (literally).

Warren also strongly supported Harvey Smith's console-itus decisions... which pretty much tells me Warren has "lost it".

Warren & Harvey Talk about Deus Ex II
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGIdYl2oN74

7. Re: Thief 4 Rumor Apr 17, 2009, 08:15 Bhruic

Keep missing Garrett...

"People want another Thief, too. We'll make that series more modern, though," he said, adding, "the medieval thing's run its course,"

This comment was edited on Apr 17, 2009, 08:15.

6. Re: Thief 4 Rumor Apr 17, 2009, 05:28 Eldaron Imotholin

Best news I've heard! Even better than the Max Payne 3 announcement! Let this be true =D

Thief 1, 2 and 3 were absolutely fantastic. Thief 3 was, despite the dodgy engine, fucking wicked!!!

Thief 4. Can't wait. Missin' you, Garrett!

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.

5. Re: Thief 4 Rumor Apr 17, 2009, 02:43 Cutter

In some places Thief 3 shined on like a crazy diamond. That whole abandoned asylum "level" was hella scary. It oozed ambiance. I had to change my drawers after playing through that. That was jut brilliant. I enjoyed T3 immensely, and so long as it's not some poor, dumbed down, console port ala DX2, I'll be happy. But I'll definitely have to see it to believe it. If Warren Spector is attached to it, I'll breathe a major sigh of relief.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

4. Re: Thief 4 Rumor Apr 16, 2009, 23:23 Creston

I replayed Thief 3 a few years ago, and actually enjoyed it quite a bit, though I seem to recall the later levels were a bit of a drag.

But all in all it was pretty good, I think they did a good job with the open city aspect, fencing loot etc.

I imagine Thief 4 will get parkour since that's the hot new thing, but as long as the open aspect remains, I'd be interested.

Creston

3. Re: Thief 4 Rumor Apr 16, 2009, 22:50 Z9000

I got bored with thief. Not sure why, it was a very cool game franchise. None of them ever really kept me interested for some reason. But I loved Dues Ex.  
PS3 resurgance by GOW3 - Check! Mass Effect for PS3 - Check! Diablo 3 for consoles? I say "For sure"!

2. Re: Thief 4 Rumor Apr 16, 2009, 22:39 Prez

One of the best franchises ever. Thief 3 took a bit of an worrisome turn for the "console-rific" but was still a great title in its own right. Given a choice, I'd much rather Thief 4 to emulate Thief 2 over Thief 3.  

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

1. Re: Thief 4 Rumor Apr 16, 2009, 21:15 NKD

Interesting. Though I'll wait and see how they do with DX3 to make any judgement on this concept.  

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo