Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

WoW Patch Today

The World of Warcraft Forums mentions extended maintenance on all realms preparing for the launch of the new version 3.1 update for World of Warcraft, which will apparently be rolled out today. The Test Realm Patch Notes outline what's new in the new version of the MMORPG, and Blizzard also has a Secrets of Uldar Patch 3.1 Page with a more general outline of the new version, along with screenshots and a new trailer featuring new content introduced with the patch. Thanks IncGamers.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: WoW Patch Today Apr 14, 2009, 18:25 Mikus_Aurelius

What what WHAT!? Are they saying that taunts now have diminishing returns on effectiveness? That's a pretty major game altering change if so...

On the guaranteed attack time, yes. Those that take you to the top of the threat list still do, regardless of diminishing returns. Its a change to prevent 2 tanks from ping-ponging a boss back and forth with the new 30 yard taunt.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: WoW Patch Today Apr 14, 2009, 16:29 Longswd

Taunts: All player or pet-generated taunts now have a shared diminish category.

What what WHAT!? Are they saying that taunts now have diminishing returns on effectiveness? That's a pretty major game altering change if so...

I don't always drink carbonated Mexican rat piss, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis.

10. Re: WoW Patch Today Apr 14, 2009, 15:45 Bhruic

And I thought taking time off work for a game release was silly... Taking time off for a patch?  

9. Re: WoW Patch Today Apr 14, 2009, 14:49 Kxmode

As early as Black Temple, patch 2.1. This is about the time I first started playing WoW, there could be earlier but I never checked.

Nope. Prior to TBC patch movies didn't exist.

I really enjoy these movies as they continue to push the story along. I'm very surprised by the number of overlapping story arcs in WOTLK. I thought the game was originally about Arthas. Then later discovered the war between the dragonflights. But the Titans is a new story arc I found very interesting when I did the quests in Stormpeaks. To date Stormpeaks is one of my favorite zones. Definitely looking forward to Ulduar!

8. Re: WoW Patch Today Apr 14, 2009, 14:42 Cram

when did they start making movies for patch releases?

As early as Black Temple, patch 2.1. This is about the time I first started playing WoW, there could be earlier but I never checked.

Edit: I tried looking but it seems that Wowhead and WoWwiki are getting pounded on atm.

This comment was edited on Apr 14, 2009, 14:49.

7. Re: WoW Patch Today Apr 14, 2009, 13:59 strich

when did they start making movies for patch releases?

cool movie though. I'm not sure the new content will be a big deal for me. I don't raid, so the new instance will never be seen and the dual spec won't ever be used. Guess i'll continue with achievements.

I don't believe in a lot of things, but I do believe in duct tape.

6. Re: WoW Patch Today Apr 14, 2009, 12:01 Verno

I was hoping they'd wait a few more weeks...

You wouldn't have gotten Immortal anyways Trent Jr

Hahaha.

5. Re: WoW Patch Today Apr 14, 2009, 11:18 Mr. Tact

Man, I wish I could play at work. That would rock. I could probably put at least 3-4 hours in a day without causing a decrease in my productivity. (yeah -- they need to give me more work)

This comment was edited on Apr 14, 2009, 11:18.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

4. Re: WoW Patch Today Apr 14, 2009, 10:46 Kxmode

What, and miss the chance to depress grade point averages world wide?

Or play hooky from work. Not that I'm saying I would do that! Innocent

3. Re: WoW Patch Today Apr 14, 2009, 10:40 Sencho

What, and miss the chance to depress grade point averages world wide?

2. Re: WoW Patch Today Apr 14, 2009, 10:33 nin

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

1. Re: WoW Patch Today Apr 14, 2009, 10:00 f13

KA-CHING!  

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo