Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Dawn of War II Patch

As noted on the Dawn Of War 2 Community Website, a new version 1.21 update for Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II is now automatically available via Steam. Steam News has all the details on the new version, which includes a new Team Battle Map as well as a number of balance changes and bug fixes.

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Dawn of War II Patch Apr 14, 2009, 11:16 Tumbler

This project been mishandled since beginning, and its a shame because this is a good game, however whoever decided to use GFWL should be fired.

QFT. The new patch is a bit of a let down. I tryed playing it last night but the experience wasn't all that improved. Matchmaking was awful as usual, game crashed once, hung on another time. I guess the overall game has improved but after playing CoH for a week or 2 coming back to this is painful. I wish they'd open up custom games to scoring points. On CoH you can sort based on performance and find a game you like here and it will count towards your rank. With DoW2 you get matched in the dark and at least 75% of the time someone in the game is lagging because of settings being too high.

I'd love to just abandon this silly head to head/team battle matching system and go back to a system like CoH has with custom games earning score points as well.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Dawn of War II Patch Apr 14, 2009, 02:34 KilrathiAce

rofl yea just like it took them over a month to release a fix for pop cap bug using code... even though they had the fix ready since release. Sure they released data mod patch that addressed the issue partially but also altered balance. They couldn't release fix out right even though they use steam because of gfwl certification. If it wasnt for gfwl they could roll out small patches anytime they had something fixed and ready. But they can't. Further, yes Relic devs do post on the forums but they still havent explained why there is no 2v2 ranked play, something that the fans asked for since beta... Yea they say they couldnt roll out enough maps... hell people could adapt and play 2v2 on the current 3v3 maps its not that big of a deal, give people what they want and touch up more maps along the way.

This project been mishandled since beginning, and its a shame because this is a good game, however whoever decided to use GFWL should be fired.

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka

3. Re: Dawn of War II Patch Apr 13, 2009, 21:34 Caveman

If you guys ACTUALLY read up on the Dawn of War II forums, you would know that the long wait for patch is not because of Microsoft Certification, but because there was problems arising when internally testing at Relic.

Relic is really good with keeping their fans informed at the forums.

This comment was edited on Apr 13, 2009, 21:34.

2. Re: Dawn of War II Patch Apr 13, 2009, 21:14 Overon

gfwl certification is godawful waiting.  

1. Re: Dawn of War II Patch Apr 13, 2009, 20:36 KilrathiAce

took over a month for this patch to clear gfwl certification. hopefully that means its polished...cough  

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo