Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Red Faction Guerrilla Beta Update

Red Faction Underground has an update on changes Volition has made to their upcoming third-person shooter since the launch of its first beta. The listed changes fall into two similar categories: Community requested changes, and "Community requested changes which were already planned for the final game." These include changes to the Stress System, the Veto System, the Concussion Backpack, and more.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Red Faction Guerrilla Beta Update Apr 12, 2009, 11:36 space captain

lol  
Go forth, and kill!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Red Faction Guerrilla Beta Update Apr 12, 2009, 11:24 tuddies

I think that I have played plenty of games in the first and third person view to be able to distinguish good gameplay regardless of the player's perspective in the gameworld.

The fact of the matter is that third person views are designed for CONSOLES because of the lack of controls. Why do you think they also require AUTO-AIM? To hold the hand of these game-playing retards.

8. Re: Red Faction Guerrilla Beta Update Apr 12, 2009, 02:10 Franco

Just about everything is destructible from inside or out.

I played it at Comic Con. Was ALOT more fun than I was expecting. Looking forward to the multiplayer especially.

7. Re: Red Faction Guerrilla Beta Update Apr 12, 2009, 01:31 Jerykk

I'm curious as to how well the interiors will be designed when everything is supposedly destructable. All the footage and screens I've seen thus far show buildings being blown up from the outside but nothing from the inside.  

6. Re: Red Faction Guerrilla Beta Update Apr 11, 2009, 20:28 The Half Elf

3rd person view is fine.
It's about time that a game has full physics/the ability to blow up everything, and the player HAS to worry about the debris from said exploding objects/etc.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

5. Re: Red Faction Guerrilla Beta Update Apr 11, 2009, 20:05 siapnar

Yeah, I really have no problem with it having a TPS view. I think this game looks like a hell of a lot of fun, "consolized" or not.  

I have projectile dysfunction.

4. Re: Red Faction Guerrilla Beta Update Apr 11, 2009, 18:59 Hump

To the brain-trust denigrating the game based on the character view, you might want to actually, you know, PLAY the 'effing thing first before you start whining about various real or imagined issues.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

3. Re: Red Faction Guerrilla Beta Update Apr 11, 2009, 18:27 tuddies

GAY EXCUSE! Don't blow everything up if you are worried about debris! Let the PLAYER CHOOSE!

CONSOLIZATION rears its very ugly and malformed head once again!

So here's a requested change - offer a first-person perspective!

This comment was edited on Apr 11, 2009, 18:28.

2. Re: Red Faction Guerrilla Beta Update Apr 11, 2009, 17:09 Ray Ban

From what I've read it started out as a FPS. During testing they discovered that it was all too easy to get killed by falling debris. So they shifted the perspective to give the player a better view of the environment ...  
"The future's so bright I gotta wear shades!"

1. Re: Red Faction Guerrilla Beta Update Apr 11, 2009, 14:05 DangerDog

Oh yeah, it's TPS. Looked kind of interesting but that kills it, it does make more sense to make a TPS for console gamers though.

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo