Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Add-on & Sequel?

GSC Game World is apparently working on a new S.T.A.L.K.E.R. add-on called S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat as well as a full-fledged sequel to their irradiated first-person shooter. This is according to rough English translations on ClanBase and the TTLG Forums of comments made in a Russian-language chat with GSC Game World's Sergey Grigorovitch. A question asking if the April "Call of Pripyat" entry on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. calendar was an April Fools' joke was answered with the revelation that this is the name of a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. add-on that they expect to release this autumn. He also apparently says they are working on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2. Thanks Kincaid.

View
26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

26. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Add-on & Sequel? Apr 11, 2009, 11:12 theyarecomingforyou

"A bit" unpolished? Clear Sky was a total pile of dog shit, even half a dozen patches later. I never ran into many bugs in the original.
I played it from the day it launched on Steam and found it to be very stable. I came across one bug that crashed to desktop but there was a workaround on the forums and it was fixed in a later patch. I'm not saying that was the case for other people but my experience was very good. Performance was a bit lacking but that improved with the patches. Despite its flaws I still rate it very highly, much more so than games like Crysis or Call Of Duty.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

25. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Add-on & Sequel? Apr 11, 2009, 01:42 Roachmojo

This would make a better console game.
W T F

WTF indeed...Jesus fucking Christ stick to your cursed bedamned console. Don't try to drag one of the last good pc games into your shitty consoley achievement whorehouse. We don't need more of your shitty ports.

FFS...I could slap the shit out of some console bitch right now...

24. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Add-on & Sequel? Apr 10, 2009, 22:53 LittleMe

Put it on the Atari 2600 console already dammit. Jeez. I loved the game but had to drop the resolution to 180x120. I can't stand games that aren't compatible with my single button joystick.  

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

23. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Add-on & Sequel? Apr 10, 2009, 22:15 PHJF

"A bit" unpolished? Clear Sky was a total pile of dog shit, even half a dozen patches later. I never ran into many bugs in the original.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

22. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Add-on & Sequel? Apr 10, 2009, 22:02 theyarecomingforyou

I'm guessing it's going to be another stand alone expansion like Clear Sky was.
Clear Sky was never an expansion, standalone or otherwise - it was a prequel. That's why I questioned the news about is being an "add-on". It doesn't concern me because I have both games and I'll likely grab it anyway - the STALKER games have real character, even if they are a bit unpolished.

I just hope that the rumour of it using CryEngine 2 is nonsense as despite its flaws I still prefer the Clear Sky engine.

This comment was edited on Apr 10, 2009, 22:02.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou

21. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Add-on & Sequel? Apr 10, 2009, 20:28 Rhialto

You made my day! Awesome news! Can't wait!  

20. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Add-on & Sequel? Apr 10, 2009, 18:52 space captain

stalker is good stuff, if a bit unwieldy at times... it actually reminds me alot of 80-90s sim type games, old DOS shit like Midwinter or Terminator... the game world has a sense of wide open, yet oppressive solitude that carries really well in this genre

its got way more 'character' than most games ive played in years

which is why its so unfortunate the engine is such a lumbering hog plagued by infestations of bugs

i waited till the clear sky patch came out before picking it up, just started into the game actually last week - so far im enjoying it, and it does seem better than the first

Go forth, and kill!

19. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Add-on & Sequel? Apr 10, 2009, 18:01 Sho

Way back when, I heard that alongside the release of Clear Sky they'd release a major patch for the original game that would fix a whole lot of things. Thus I decided to wait for that patch before spending any time on the game. Has this patch ever materialized?  

18. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Add-on & Sequel? Apr 10, 2009, 17:23 Bludd

I refuse to write it with the periods. I call it Stalker or STALKER if I feel generous.

And I'm with Hump. Stalker is an immersive game, a diamond in the rough in the same way Far Cry 2 is a polished glass bead.

17. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Add-on & Sequel? Apr 10, 2009, 17:10 Quboid

What, you don't like explaining Esteeayeellkayeeare to everyone?

no i dont like explaining and typing it out every time i find it is a pain is the arse to be honest it in fairness it does make its name stand out which im sure has helped it sell a few additional copies but if it is meant as a sales marketing technique then thats even worse crass and cheap imho

(Wow, actually using Zero Punctuation is nasty!)

- Quboid

16. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Add-on & Sequel? Apr 10, 2009, 16:58 Sencho

I wish they'd drop the stupid dots already.
What, you don't like explaining Esteeayeellkayeeare to everyone?

15. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Add-on & Sequel? Apr 10, 2009, 16:36 Rosco

SACRILEGE! You are a heathen, and should be burned at the stake!

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. has been the only game I've played in recent years that did not feel like a dumbed down piece of shit console game. You want a console game go play Mario or Halo, want to play S.T.A.L.K.E.R. go buy a decent video card. Shit, I just picked up a EVGA GTS 250 that plays both games great for only $150. I played both previously with a ATI 3850 well enough.

This news is music to my ears, a concerto, more S.T.A.L.K.E.R. bliss.

This comment was edited on Apr 10, 2009, 16:37.

Consoles are schwag.

14. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Add-on & Sequel? Apr 10, 2009, 16:28 Hump

Bugs or no bugs, both games were one of the most immersive gaming experiences I've ever had. Bring on the next batch!  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

13. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Add-on & Sequel? Apr 10, 2009, 16:24 DDI

Maybe this will be the one to run without game breaking bugs. Clear Sky was an abortion.  

12. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Add-on & Sequel? Apr 10, 2009, 15:55 Jerykk

Dammit. I can't (and won't) run any more Stalker games on my PC. Put it on console already. Jeez. I loved the game but had to drop the resolution. This would make a better console game.

/ban

11. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Add-on & Sequel? Apr 10, 2009, 15:51 Vulkan

"Is this an add-on to Shadow Of Chernobyl or Clear Sky?"

I'm guessing it's going to be another stand alone expansion like Clear Sky was.

10. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Add-on & Sequel? Apr 10, 2009, 15:11 Dwarf_Snowninja

Nice. And yeah NO console version.  

9. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Add-on & Sequel? Apr 10, 2009, 15:00 Dreagon

Wow, just wow. STALKER is one of the last true PC shooters.

(edit)

My god, when I come back to it, it's even more offensive on second look!

This comment was edited on Apr 10, 2009, 16:16.

------
Carpe Papilla

"@Dreagon - Comparing Oblivion to Deer Hunter was just ridiculous and you should be ashamed of yourself... it just made you look like a Class-A cunt." - theyarecomingforyou

8. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Add-on & Sequel? Apr 10, 2009, 14:44 EricTheMad

I wish they'd drop the stupid dots already. I don't have a clue what they stand for nor do I care - and I'm sure most other Stalker players are the same. It's a stupid backronym that everyone hates typing, let it go.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R = Scavengers, Trespassers, Adventurers, Loners, Killers, Explorers and Robbers.

I agree that it's kind of stupid. Stalker makes sense on it's own without being a ridiculous acronym.

If one synchronized swimmer drowns, do they all drown? -- Bucky B. Katt

7. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Add-on & Sequel? Apr 10, 2009, 14:33 Quboid

I wish they'd drop the stupid dots already. I don't have a clue what they stand for nor do I care - and I'm sure most other Stalker players are the same. It's a stupid backronym that everyone hates typing, let it go.

edgeman2112 - thou jest!

- Quboid

26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo