Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Op Ed

TechRadar UK - Why the future looks bright for PC gaming.
"Declining retail sales and the Bittorrent bogeyman aren't, then, a death knell for PC gaming. Whether it's growing into something new, beautiful and impressively independent or returning to the ideals it was founded upon back before Doom brought about the age of graphics and adrenaline, it's in probably the most exciting state it's been in for years. Vive la evolution."

STARFEEDER - A Segmented community when SC2 comes out, will it happen? Thanks Mike Martinez.
"Timing is everything. Fans in America have been waiting for a new StarCraft game for 10 years; new gamers at the perfect SC competitive age are awaiting the next game to make their own name. Veterans like me will always talk about the purity that is the original StarCraft; however, I recognize that what N.America needs is a modern game to be its next eSport. That game is StarCraft 2, and I believe that the community is ready and willing to help SC pass the torch."

View
9. Re: Op Ed Apr 6, 2009, 21:29 Propagandhi

It's more semantics than anything else, but 4 or 5 squads isn't really STRATEGY, is it? It's tactics.

I disagree completely. The most strategic, and by such a measure that I have a hard time using strategy to describe any other game, game in history is Myth/Myth 2.

This was a game where unit numbers ranged from ~3 to ~500, with the strategy found at the low end (especially in terms of units per player).

The act of being able to replace a unit has an incalcably negative impact on strategy. Most games are reduced to build quickly and after that rock papers scissors.

I eat pasta!
Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Apr 6, 10:01 Re: Op Ed Mead
  2. Apr 6, 10:24  Re: Op Ed Ant
  3. Apr 6, 10:55   Re: Op Ed InBlack
  4. Apr 6, 12:38    Re: Op Ed Flatline
  5. Apr 6, 14:11     Re: Op Ed RP
  6. Apr 6, 14:41      Don't be foolish TechRadar UK Creston
  8. Apr 6, 14:44     Re: Op Ed Creston
>> 9. Apr 6, 21:29      Re: Op Ed Propagandhi
  10. Apr 6, 22:13       Re: Op Ed Creston