Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Sunday Tech Bits

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Apr 6, 2009, 12:55 Flatline

Tarantino is among the most overrated directors of the last 30 years.

There, I said it.

It's almost impossible for me to get through his movies.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Apr 6, 2009, 10:37 nin

Tarantino a ... hack?

Yes. Extremely.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

6. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Apr 6, 2009, 09:51 space captain

tarantino is somewhat of a hack... reservior dogs was completely ripped from 'city on fire' and he took all the credit for pulp fiction even tho he hardly touched the screenplay, which is what made that film.. see "roger avary"

tarantino steals pretty much everything he does.. and the obscurity of the source almost assures that he will be credited for some "genius" manuever

for example, the glowing briefcase plot device was completely stolen from the 'Repo Man' glowing trunk plot device

he makes interesting flicks, but yeh - hes a chump

Go forth, and kill!

5. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Apr 6, 2009, 09:27 |RaptoR|

Tarantino a ... hack?

What are you smoking?

4. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Apr 6, 2009, 01:19 ldonyo

Explosions are a gimmick, too, Mr Bay. So is CGI. I doubt he could make a movie his mother would watch if all he had were sets and actors.  

3. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Apr 5, 2009, 20:38 Wallshadows

They are pushing for 3D movies yet Fox is making a big issue about not providing the theaters with the 3D glasses claiming it will cost millions of dollars.

Bullshit on them. No Ice Age 3 for me!

2. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Apr 5, 2009, 20:19 UttiniDaKilrJawa

3d is a gimmick and just like those other gimmicks of the past (sound/color) it will be accepted as mainstream when all the audience has to do is sit down and watch. No glasses. No goggles. No special devices. Just sit and watch.  

1. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Apr 5, 2009, 20:14 Donkey_Punch

Michael Bay is such a hack director. I would like to stick Michael Bay, McG, and Tarantino into a room and watch these 3 hacks fight it out.

Hollywood has a long tradition of "gimmicks" that have become mainstream. First there was sound, and was soon followed by colour films. Next there was widescreen to battle Television from cutting into their profits. Now most new televisions are widescreen HD so Hollywood has to fight back.

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo