Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Blizzard's Redneck Rampage?

IncGamers has word that Blizzard Entertainment has secured the rights to Redneck Rampage, Xatrix Entertainment's Build-engine hillbilly shooter released in 1997, and that Blizzard now owns the trademarks for all three titles in the series, Redneck Rampage, Redneck Rampage Rides Again, and Redneck Rampage Suckin' Grits on Route 66. Xatrix eventually became Gray Matter Interactive and was acquired by Activision in 2002 and eventually merged into Treyarch, but the rights did not belong to Activision Blizzard before now, as they were sold off to Vivendi in 2004. Blizzard recently indicated they have a fifth game in development, and while a campy shooter may not seem to be their sort of project, Incgamers notes that several developers at Blizzard actually worked on the Redneck Rampage games back in the day.

View
39 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

39. Re: Blizz Redneck Rampage? Apr 6, 2009, 05:24 Eldaron Imotholin

"Oh I WILL pop a cab in your ass!!!"
"Die you ratfuck!!!"

I had to join with the Kingpin guys for a sec. Fuckin' awesome audiofiles.

As for Redneck Rampage getting caught in a Blizzard, I love it. I played that game to death in my young years. What age was I anyway? I cannot recall. I do know I was a bit scared every now and then. Those fat rednecks with their shotguns... fucking intimidating.

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

38. removed Apr 5, 2009, 19:31 Payperbiz

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on May 7, 2011, 13:18.

37. Re: Blizzard's Redneck Rampage? Apr 5, 2009, 15:41 Evil Timmy

Let's see them do a combination of Dungeon Siege and what it looks like they're doing with the new Red Faction game. Give us a big open FPS/TPS world and easy drop-in multiplayer that perfectly meshes with SP, in a land filled with redneck stereotypes. Give us strong playable story missions and an alterable world (overarching decision trees) that affects the main story somewhat but primarily gives different side quest options and opens different areas of the map. That way each person has a unique set of quests, bonuses, items, etc that encourages people to play MP and 'share' their worlds.

I'm still saying this is a late April fools joke.
The funniest April Fool's joke I've been involved in with was actually early. A kid at my middle school thought it was April 1st on March 31st, and we did nothing to disillusion him of his misconception. This meant that his April Fool's joke, coming out as gay, turned out to be more of a serious announcement that he never managed to fully live down, I suspect until he left high school (and probably the state). My, what a difference a day makes.

This comment was edited on Apr 5, 2009, 15:46.

36. Re: Blizzard's Redneck Rampage? Apr 5, 2009, 12:12 /FÂ\ SLI

Source code?

hre ya go from the man himself that (primarily) created the Build engine (the one used for R.R. Duke Nukem, Shadow Warrior, ect.)

http://www.advsys.net/ken/

And I have been working on a closet R.R. Mod idea/assest since 2002. Now i'm worried i'll get sued if I ever release. Blah.

35. Re: Blizzard Redneck Rampage? Apr 5, 2009, 10:21 Acleacius

Slurping' Shine!

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

34. Re: Blizzard's Redneck Rampage? Apr 5, 2009, 00:49 Surf

Well, they have an impeccable track record so what would I know? If it sucks, oh well, maybe they know something I don't which I am 99.9% sure they do!  

33. Re: Blizzard's Redneck Rampage? Apr 4, 2009, 22:54 ^mortis^

I don't see the value of this unless they plan a "Redneck Rampage: Trailer Park Boys Edition."

i'd probably buy this sight unseen.
rocket people? perhaps you've heard of them?

^m^

32. Re: Blizzard's Redneck Rampage? Apr 4, 2009, 22:34 schraube

Redneck Rampage source code release please  

31. Re: Blizzard's Redneck Rampage? Apr 4, 2009, 20:53 Jerykk

Unfortunately, I really doubt that Blizzard will have anything to do with a new Redneck Rampage game. If anything, Activision will just pump out a budget shooter and slap the name on it like they did with Soldier of Fortune: Payback.  

30. Re: Blizzard's Redneck Rampage? Apr 4, 2009, 20:31 Zaibach

Then again, Blizzard has what, 3 games?

There's a difference between the number of games they've done and the number of franchise they have.

Blizzard Wiki

Blackthorne, Rock N' Roll Racing and The Lost Vikings being my favorites from them.

I'm sure RR will turn out great.

29. Re: Blizzard's Redneck Rampage? Apr 4, 2009, 20:30 Cutter

This REEKS of Activision. I guess they got tired of Blizzard aiming so high and decided they should start making games with an asinine concept.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

28. Re: Blizzard's Redneck Rampage? Apr 4, 2009, 19:36 Dmitri_M

I bet it'll have anime styling and broadswords.  

27. Re: Blizzard's Redneck Rampage? Apr 4, 2009, 19:32 creatorswhim

Why is everyone saying "sign me up" for a Redneck Rampage MMO? If that's what you are after can't you just move to the south?

No, the south is all suburbia now. Where there were trailer parks, now there are massive developments mostly consisting of foreclosed houses.

I don't see the value of this unless they plan a "Redneck Rampage: Trailer Park Boys Edition."

26. Re: Blizzard's Redneck Rampage? Apr 4, 2009, 19:02 Kosumo

Why is everyone saying "sign me up" for a Redneck Rampage MMO? If that's what you are after can't you just move to the south?

Also, I hope it is a merging of some of their properties with it a la Redneck Rampage in the world of starcraft/diablo/warcraft/whatever thier other old game was.

25. Re: Blizzard's Redneck Rampage? Apr 4, 2009, 18:39 Blatz

I'd love to see a new redneck rampage. I bought it and its expansions on GOG. But what I'd love to see even more is Kingpin 2. I loved Kingpin and I still play it.

The Pawn-o-Matic and the F-word every other word. Doesn't get much better than that!

I keep the game audio files to use with my electronic post it note alarms.

"Fuck you, you fuck!"

lol.

Back in the day, I used the audio files for other games. For example, Sierra's PGA Champ Golf 2000, I replaced the golfer taunts with the profanity from Kingpin! Hahaha, it was fuk'n funny as.

24. Re: Blizzard's Redneck Rampage? Apr 4, 2009, 18:28 Rigs

...a huge step in the wrong direction of Blizzards calibre games.

I disagree. Blizzard just gave gamers and the 'gaming public' (aka 'casual gamers') what they wanted. The Warcraft series sold millions. RPG's sell very well. Put the two together, with the possibility of having a persistent world and mass multiplayer, and you have a license to print money.
Now with RR, like you see on this very board today - 'Sign me up!'. Get on G4 and ask for a call in if anyone would want to have a mass mutliplayer game in the RR world, your phones will ring off the hook. Ask online, you crash the request server. I'm serious...
Plus, the company that puts out a HALO MMORPG/FPS/RTS will be rolling in it! I don't understand why there isn't one out there yet...

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

23. Re: Blizzard's Redneck Rampage? Apr 4, 2009, 18:07 Surf

This was never a quality title, and I agree, a huge step in the wrong direction of Blizzards calibre games.

Then again, Blizzard has what, 3 games?

22. Re: Blizzard's Redneck Rampage? Apr 4, 2009, 18:05 Jerykk

Redneck Rampage MMO? Sign me up.  

21. Re: Blizzard's Redneck Rampage? Apr 4, 2009, 17:48 Fantaz

Sweet! Redneck Rampage, wow. This is definitely a blast from the past. These days it seems they just don't make games like they used to.  

20. Re: Blizzard's Redneck Rampage? Apr 4, 2009, 17:39 Hoop

Oh yes...... WATCH YER ASS!!!!

This comment was edited on Apr 4, 2009, 17:41.

Um .. Behind you...

39 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo