Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Free Crysis Wars Trial Next Week

Crytek's Official Modding Portal has details on plans for a free trial of Crysis Wars to kick off on April 9. Further details are promised on Monday, so for now, here's what's been revealed on the second chance to sample the multiplayer mod from Crysis Warhead:

Introduction
It's nearly time for another trial period! This is the perfect opportunity to get your friends and family involved in some great online battles in Crysis Wars. You'll get full access to both LAN and Online play and you can now even use the editor with the trial client, for free!

Spring Trial Period
We're giving you another entire week to enjoy the Crysis Wars. We'll be providing you full information on Monday on how to take part in this trial. Those of you that have keys from previous trials, they will be reactivated on the trial period start date.

Conclusion
Stay tuned to MyCrysis.com for all the information on the trial period. There will be a full list of download links and an in depth FAQ on how to get started, so be sure to come back next week for even more information.

- Crymod Staff Team

View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: Free Crysis Wars Trial Next Week Apr 6, 2009, 11:20 Elessar

I have the full game and I don't bother. Crysis just isn't that great online.

Same here. The gameplay is very chaotic and fast. You die very quickly, so there's no room for error. The second you realize you're being shot at, you die, sometimes not knowing where the hell it came from. I do fairly well in COD4, yet did so-so the handful of times I tried Crysis Wars. It just seems like the servers are filled with coked up lone wolf-type players. Maybe I just like/do better with more tactical games like the COD or BF series. Although, Quake3/Quake4 has very fast playstyle and I do fine in that... Crysis Wars just doesn't cut it imo.

This comment was edited on Apr 6, 2009, 11:21.

"You don't get what you deserve, you get what you get."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Free Crysis Wars Trial Next Week Apr 5, 2009, 06:55 Ant

DangerDog: Are you saying there are no true single player maps/campaigns?  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

15. Re: Free Crysis Wars Trial Next Week Apr 5, 2009, 03:57 DangerDog

Speaking of which, what games have the best communities for in-game VoiP

Battlefield 2 mod Project Reality, by far. Having a mic is a requirement not an option.

No single player? I haven't finished the original Crysis game.

Actually, there is single player for Crysis Wars, they just enabled single player AI into Crysis Wars with the ability to use the sandbox editor with it, not sure if there's any content yet that's worth playing but you can now use the free Crysis Wars and play single player levels with it.

This comment was edited on Apr 5, 2009, 04:00.

14. Re: Quote by Hump Apr 4, 2009, 15:23 Hump

Translation: I suck at this game and it makes me bitter.

whatever floats your boat shitdick..... Middlefinger

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

13. Re: Free Crysis Wars Trial Next Week Apr 4, 2009, 11:34 Ant

No single player? I haven't finished the original Crysis game.  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

12. Quote by Hump Apr 4, 2009, 09:15 Zephalephelah

One of the biggest problems for me is that some of these guys playing are so adept at using the nano-suit features that I end up getting my ass handed to me everytime.

Translation: I suck at this game and it makes me bitter.

11. Re: Free Crysis Wars Trial Next Week Apr 4, 2009, 08:46 space captain

sounds like not much has changed from Far Cry MP  
Go forth, and kill!

10. Re: Free Crysis Wars Trial Next Week Apr 4, 2009, 01:24 LittleMe

What makes Crysis Wars fail isn't the nano suit, but I'm sure some/many people don't like the suit in multiplayer.

To me, what makes Crysis Wars fail is:

Poor performance even at medium settings (multiplayer needs a consistent 60 FPS at native LCD resolutions)
Performance doesn't scale well with faster hardware
(The game is heavily reliant on both CPU and GPU)
Very easy to cheat
Limited types of vehicles

And there are a lot of smaller things but those are the big ones.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

9. Re: Free Crysis Wars Trial Next Week Apr 3, 2009, 23:23 Quboid

The Nanosuit as a gameplay concept only really works when a minority of participants have it - the elite outclassing but outnumbered against the normal soldiers. This is fine in single player where it makes you the super-hero type guy but if everyone has it, it's just overly frantic. The Nanosuit should be a power-up in MP like a updated version of the Quad Damage. Perhaps machines at some control points delivering a Nanosuit every 5 minutes so only a handful of people on the server have Nanosuits at any given time, or give it as a reward after an achievement like 3 kills in a row, although that would unbalance things. An interesting new game mode could be Elites versus Normal with top weaponry Nanosuited players take on a deliberately much larger team of Normals - a question of quality versus quantity. Of course the problem is that everyone would want to be an Elite.

Crysis MP is very much less than the sum of it's parts. Even more so than the SP. The graphics are merely good when you want to maintain a decent framerate unless you have top of the line hardware. The weapons look great but don't feel very satisfying, with exceptions. The close quarter combat tends to be very frantic and panicked, which just isn't as fun IMHO as slower paced arcade games like CoD4/5 where slowing down and preparing an ambush is worthwhile. I think a lot of that is because the weapons are unsatisfying and feel quite randomly inaccurate.

Teamwork also tends to be lacking, although I'm as guilty as anyone on that score.

Speaking of which, what games have the best communities for in-game VoiP and not completely mature chat? Left 4 Dead?

- Quboid

8. Re: Free Crysis Wars Trial Next Week Apr 3, 2009, 22:47 Hump

Agreed that it simply isn't all that great in MP. I can't put my finger on it, by all accounts the default game mode sounds awesome but in practice it doesn't feel addictive like a good online shooter should. Crysis Wars put in the battleground gametype which is essentially team DM with vehicles and its not too bad but not enough to keep me going back consistently.

One of the biggest problems for me is that some of these guys playing are so adept at using the nano-suit features that I end up getting my ass handed to me everytime.

"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

7. Re: Free Crysis Wars Trial Next Week Apr 3, 2009, 21:25 Surf

Game sucks online.

But I heard OnLine has a 60FPS version of Crysis Wars with a -10ms lag time!

Hhaaa, ya fucking right.

6. Re: Free Crysis Wars Trial Next Week Apr 3, 2009, 20:11 Joss

And... the reason for that? It's the freaking Nano Suit! Imagine yourself getting the drop on your opponent and you unload rifle rounds in his back, then he simply turns around and shoots you in the head with some kinda energy weapon and BOOM!... you're dead.

If they could somehow make a mod like good ole Soldier of Fortune 2, I would play the shit out it.

5. Re: Free Crysis Wars Trial Next Week Apr 3, 2009, 18:21 Caveman

I have the full game and I don't bother. Crysis just isn't that great online.  

4. Re: Free Crysis Wars Trial Next Week Apr 3, 2009, 17:56 Quboid

It's free to play but you have to buy the actual game (as part of Warhead). This is a free download of a version that's locked to only run for a few days.  

- Quboid

3. Re: Free Crysis Wars Trial Next Week Apr 3, 2009, 17:31 NateMan

whats with this trial crap? the game is already free to play online anyways.  

2. Re: Free Crysis Wars Trial Next Week Apr 3, 2009, 16:55 theyarecomingforyou

It's just copying the success of the TF2 free weekends, like UT3 did. It's a great idea but unfortunately the game just isn't that good... I've got it and I don't play it.  

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

1. Re: Free Crysis Wars Trial Next Week Apr 3, 2009, 16:27 Hump

smart marketing.

sometimes EA actually surprises me....

- Jim Goad

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo