Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Big Huge Cuts, Crush Crushed

Develop reports "a huge amount of layoffs have hit THQ's Big Huge Games studio." THQ recently indicated they would be closing the studio if they could not find a buyer, so it seems the news could be worse, but that is probably not a perspective shared by those who have lost their jobs as a result of this. Also, GamesIndustry.biz reports that Crush Digital Media has entered administration, and that all 16 employees of this developer co-founded by former Core Design boss Adrian Smith have been "made redundant."

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Big Huge Cuts, Crush Crushed Apr 2, 2009, 12:12 Wildone

Maybe the problem is everyone, with tons of people out in the industry (both experienced and not) they never filled those positions?

Pardon me for speaking my mind, you wankers.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Big Huge Cuts, Crush Crushed Apr 1, 2009, 20:48 shinchan0s

That's too bad. Rise of Legends just absolutely crashed that company. Despite its fantastical/steampunk theme, the game was vanilla gameplay-wise IMO. I wanted to go back to Rise of Nations.  

5. Re: Big Huge Cuts, Crush Crushed Apr 1, 2009, 18:55 mixma242

Arg, I have enjoyed everything Big Huge Games has put out. Sucks to hear they may be going away....

Big Huge Games + Ensemble being closed down = bad news for strategy fans. I guess there is not enough money in the genre even when their titles do well.

4. Re: Big Huge Cuts, Crush Crushed Apr 1, 2009, 16:55 Prez

What does "has entered administration" mean? And "made redundant"?  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

3. Re: Big Huge Cuts, Crush Crushed Apr 1, 2009, 14:04 Ruffiana

I personally wouldn't want to work for a company who wasn't exceptionally picky about who they hired.

Maybe the problem is you, not them? Something to consider.

2. Re: Big Huge Cuts, Crush Crushed Apr 1, 2009, 11:59 Dmitri_M

I want to hire you too now..oh wait..FU.  

1. Re: Big Huge Cuts, Crush Crushed Apr 1, 2009, 10:57 Wildone

And Big Huge was hiring for months being so picky too about it, glad I didn't get a job there anyway. FU.  

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo