Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield Heroes Beta Status

Battlefield Heroes Website has a status report on beta testing of DICE's subscription-free online shooter, which may be back online by tomorrow morning:

I can see reinforcements approaching on the horizon. Stop.
(Web servers are almost all in place)

Full inspection of new arrivals scheduled for this evening. Stop.
(we will be doing load testing this evening)

Surprise drill scheduled for midnight. Stop
(to make sure everything will work, we will be doing more testing throughout the night)

Heavy artillery won’t be here before sunrise, earliest. Stop.
(No need to wait, the Beta is not scheduled to be back before (at least) tomorrow morning)

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Battlefield Heroes Beta Status Mar 27, 2009, 19:52 Storm in a Teacup

Mindless, robotic pop culture imitation. Less creative than a retarded chimp. Stop.

My comment wasn't meant to be creative, dumbass.

This comment was edited on Mar 27, 2009, 20:05.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Battlefield Heroes Beta Status Mar 27, 2009, 12:50 DarkCntry

Wait, what!?

The only thing that is actually useful that requires you to pay actual money for are minor boosts to VP and XP, these last between 1 and 14 days depending on how much you pay for them.

They are like 2-5% overall boosts, not really enough to get you far ahead of those who don't use them, but if you're on the cusp of leveling or needing VPs for a weapon, then it's somewhat useful.

12. Re: Battlefield Heroes Beta Status Mar 27, 2009, 10:31 space captain

Whining. So easy a Caveman can do it. Stop.

Mindless, robotic pop culture imitation. Less creative than a retarded chimp. Stop.

Go forth, and kill!

11. Re: Battlefield Heroes Beta Status Mar 27, 2009, 06:17 ViRGE

the only truly useful thing you can buy are the VP and XP boosts,
Wait, what!?

10. Re: Battlefield Heroes Beta Status Mar 27, 2009, 05:15 DarkCntry

The BF:H beta has quite a few issues to deal through (god I'm tired of the ability to shoot down planes as a sniper that easily, even though I can do it myself)...

But that said, it's still a pretty good game for the price-point. The only issue I really have is the RMT part, but in this context it's really not much of an issue seeing as the only truly useful thing you can buy are the VP and XP boosts, everything else is just effectively fluff.

As the sniper class, it only took me a few games to get enough VP to purchase the 7-day gun 'tryout', and like a week to get enough VP to buy the full-time replacement. This is without the VP boosts and only gaining the VP from missions and gameplay.

There's no regenerating health, no clue where anyone got the idea there was, the closest you get are bandages and wrenches that are purchased via VP that have both limited uses and takes up an ability slot each. Not to mention, the wrench apparently won't repair vehicles once they reach the 'red zone'.

All-in-all though, there's nothing wrong with this game except the standard "OMG HATE" bandwagoneering.

This comment was edited on Mar 27, 2009, 05:15.

9. Re: Battlefield Heroes Beta Status Mar 27, 2009, 02:37 Jackplug

Im playin the beta and its ok for a short term shooter. it's nothing special but its like quake live it does for a couple of games.  

8. Re: Battlefield Heroes Beta Status Mar 27, 2009, 01:08 Storm in a Teacup

Awesome - so you're making up stuff about OnLive that OnLive has never said here in this thread too?

That sounds like a fun game, I wanna play, here's one:

"Battlefield Heroes will be cool".

7. Re: Battlefield Heroes Beta Status Mar 27, 2009, 00:20 elefunk

Apparently, DICE's servers can't even keep up with people wanting to beta their game but OnLive will be able to handle millions of people simulataneously playing and spctating a single game. Gee, what are the odds?
Awesome - so you're making up stuff about OnLive that OnLive has never said here in this thread too?

6. Re: Battlefield Heroes Beta Status Mar 27, 2009, 00:02 Cutter

Apparently, DICE's servers can't even keep up with people wanting to beta their game but OnLive will be able to handle millions of people simulataneously playing and spctating a single game. Gee, what are the odds?

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

5. Re: Battlefield Heroes Beta Status Mar 27, 2009, 00:00 Storm in a Teacup

I can never myself playing this dumbed down casual crap. Stop
(16 player maps, 3 classes, 3 maps, regenerating health, unlimited ammo, stupid graphics, the list goes on)

I can never see a Battlefield 3. Stop
(the one game fans want but DICE won't deliver on)

Whining. So easy a Caveman can do it. Stop.

4. Re: Battlefield Heroes Beta Status Mar 26, 2009, 23:49 Storm in a Teacup

Battlefield Heroes is a worthless, pointless piece of shit TF2 clone. Stop.  

3. Re: Battlefield Heroes Beta Status Mar 26, 2009, 22:45 Lilricky

Forget Battlefield 1943, I just want the 1.5 patch for Battlefield 2!

This comment was edited on Mar 26, 2009, 22:45.

2. Re: Battlefield Heroes Beta Status Mar 26, 2009, 22:12 Agent.X7

Yeah, so not impressed with the beta. Takes forever to earn enough points to get a new weapon, and you're bored silly by the time you do. (Or, like me, you gave up when you started getting bored.)

I may buy into BF1943, but then again, that has only 3 maps as well.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

1. Re: Battlefield Heroes Beta Status Mar 26, 2009, 22:00 Caveman

I can never myself playing this dumbed down casual crap. Stop
(16 player maps, 3 classes, 3 maps, regenerating health, unlimited ammo, stupid graphics, the list goes on)

I can never see a Battlefield 3. Stop
(the one game fans want but DICE won't deliver on)

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo