Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Max Payne 3 Announced

Take-Two Interactive Announces Max Payne 3, saying the sequel to Remedy's gritty shooter series is being developed by Rockstar Vancouver for release on Windows, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3 this winter. The preliminary Max Payne 3 product section is live, and here's the announcement:

New York, NY – March 23, 2009 – Rockstar Games, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), is proud to announce that Max Payne 3 is currently in development and scheduled for a winter 2009 release on the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and PC. Developed by Rockstar Vancouver, Max Payne 3 tells the story of a retired police detective embroiled in a world of corruption, turmoil and intense violence.

The award-winning Max Payne franchise put players in the role of Max Payne, a hard-boiled New York City detective with a penchant for violence, out to avenge the death of his family. The latest installment delivers more of the classic elements and hyper-intense action that fans have come to love, while moving the story of Max in a new direction.

"We're starting a new chapter of Max's life with this game," said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. "This is Max as we've never seen him before, a few years older, more world-weary and cynical than ever. We experience the downward spiral of his life after the events of Max Payne 2 and witness his last chance for salvation."

Since leaving the NYPD and New York itself behind, Max has drifted from bad to worse. Double-crossed and a long way from home, Max is now trapped in a city full of violence and bloodshed, using his weapons and instincts in a desperate search for the truth and a way out.

Max Payne 3 will be available in winter 2009 for Xbox 360, PLAYSTATION 3 and PC.

For more information, log onto www.rockstargames.com/maxpayne3.

View
42 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

42. Re: Max Payne 3 Announced May 9, 2009, 09:16 Eldaron Imotholin

MP 3, yah.  

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

41. Re: Max Payne 3 Announced Mar 23, 2009, 22:54 Jerykk

Please code for the PC FIRST!

Hah, don't get your hopes up. I predict console shooter 101, with cover systems, regenerating health, aim assist, the whole shebang.

40. Re: Max Payne 3 Announced Mar 23, 2009, 22:00 xXBatmanXx

Godfather 2?
Mafia 2?
Now MP 2?

Sweet.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

39. Re: Max Payne 3 Announced Mar 23, 2009, 21:59 xXBatmanXx

I played through the original, just to complete it, but it bored me to death. I played 2 for 5 minutes, hoping it might be better, after getting from gogamer for like $8.

Not even going to bother with this one...

Are you serious?
Maybe bc so much has been made and played since then, but damn that was the shit back in the day!

I still enjoy running through them once in a while.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

38. Re: Max Payne 3 Announced Mar 23, 2009, 21:58 xXBatmanXx

My pants just got tighter.

Please code for the PC FIRST!

37. Re: Max Payne 3 Announced Mar 23, 2009, 20:34 Reactor

I liked the first one but disliked the second one where most people seemed to have liked both. shrugs.

Yep, same. The first was a great game with a truly well-crafted story. Max Payne 2 lacked a lot of the subtleties the first game had. It was like someone decided the game had to have more angst, and more pain, and more sadness. And, pain and angst and sadness = swearing, so they added that in too. Now with Rockstar behind the third, I'm certainly not going to hang out to play it. I have no doubt Rockstar will completely miss what made the first game good.

36. Re: Max Payne 3 Announced Mar 23, 2009, 20:31 Snapdad

So he's 'trapped' in a violent, bloody city and he's using weapons and instincts in a desperate search to find a way out?

Can't he just, I dunno, get on a bus or hitchhike or something? Rent a car maybe?

35. Re: Max Payne 3 Announced Mar 23, 2009, 20:16 Creston

Awesome. I recently replayed Max Payne 2 and apart from it being so fucking ridiculously short, it's a fantastic game. It still looks great even today and the gameplay pretty much beats the crap out of most current shooters.

However, it doesn't look like it's being done by Remedy?

Creston

34. Re: Max Payne 3 Announced Mar 23, 2009, 19:50 CeeJay

In the second one they bumped off Mona.

Actually she lived if you completed the game on the Dead on Arrival difficulty.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGER40F0JzE&fmt=18

I consider that the REAL ending.

I say let that ending be canon , and give us a Mona Sax game .. perhaps a prequel to her encounters with Max.

This comment was edited on Mar 23, 2009, 20:00.

I'm the developer of SweetFX

33. Re: Max Payne 3 Announced Mar 23, 2009, 17:47 siapnar

Nothing makes you feel more impotent than having a lightsaber, which can CUT THROUGH ANYTHING, and having to slash 15 times at a stormtrooper to kill him.

lol, I love how you could enable dismemberment in console for Jedi Outcast. I too have replayed that game more than any other, like someone else mentioned.
The only redeeming value of the shitfest that was Force Unleashed is using grip to fling enemies into each other. Other than that, the game is extremely shallow.

On topic: I'm wearing of R* Vancouver developing this new Max Payne, but I'm still damn happy that there is a 3rd in development, and it's not a super-rushed budget title like SoF3 turned out to be.

I have projectile dysfunction.

32. Re: Max Payne 3 Announced Mar 23, 2009, 17:04 Flatline

Seconded. Too bad all we're gonna (not) get is garbage like The Force Unleashed ...

Nothing makes you feel more impotent than having a lightsaber, which can CUT THROUGH ANYTHING, and having to slash 15 times at a stormtrooper to kill him.

sigh.

31. Re: Max Payne 3 Announced Mar 23, 2009, 16:43 Tanto Edge

So, if Rockstar Vancouver is doing this, does that mean the PC version will be buggy and run at 10 FPS?
Rockstar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkFKTQP7Eeo

Could be worse. Radical could be on it.
It's not as though Relic could make this... what's with all the R's?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=705LEH3j2g0&t=0m24s
http://www.youtube.com/user/tantoedge

30. Re: Max Payne 3 Announced Mar 23, 2009, 16:15 eXFeLoN

wait.. there was a max payne 2?  

29. Re: Max Payne 3 Announced Mar 23, 2009, 16:07 Cutter

If it's anything like the movie I'll pass.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

28. Re: Max Payne 3 Announced Mar 23, 2009, 14:52 Ecthelion

And Tie Fighter... don't forget Tie Fighter.
Nobody's forgotten it, but unless the all-but-dead space sim genre makes a sudden resurgence, we aren't going to see a new X-Wing or TIE Fighter game. Even if we do, it'll probably be a watered down Xbox Live game.

A new Jedi Knight game is much more likely, but unless LucasArts decides to start supporting the PC again, we won't see it on the PC where it belongs.

27. Re: Max Payne 3 Announced Mar 23, 2009, 14:17 theyarecomingforyou

You had to bring up Jedi Outcast, damn that game was just so awesome! I would LOVE to see another one of those on PC.
+1. And Tie Fighter... don't forget Tie Fighter.

Ah fuck this is being developed by Rockstar Vancouver? The same guys who made GTAIV PC.
Ah, that's disappointing.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

26. Re: Max Payne 3 Announced Mar 23, 2009, 13:37 Krovven

Enjoyed both of the previous games. But, what with their botched Bully SE port to PC, and the initial problems GTAIV has had on the PC port...I'll wait and see the quality of this one when it's released.

25. Re: Max Payne 3 Announced Mar 23, 2009, 13:22 Dr. D. Schreber

Goddammit why must outsourcing ruin everything.  

NOT THE BEES! NOT THE BEES THEY'RE IN MY EYES AARRGRHGHGGAFHGHFGHFG!

24. Re: Max Payne 3 Announced Mar 23, 2009, 13:05 Caveman

Ah fuck this is being developed by Rockstar Vancouver? The same guys who made GTAIV PC. Definitely going with the console versions on this.

Also, what ever happened to Remedy developing Max Payne? I assume they are busying never finishing Alan Wake

This comment was edited on Mar 23, 2009, 13:05.

23. Re: Max Payne 3 Announced Mar 23, 2009, 13:00 Caveman

Finally some good news in the gaming world.  

42 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo