Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

StarCraft II Beta Invites Coming?

Battle.net has relaunched with a new look and feel, and StarcraftWire.net reports that not only does registering automatically opt you into applying to beta testing Blizzard's sci-fi RTS sequel, but that the first invites are already going out (though only to randomly selected members, not everyone gets invited). In other StarCraft II news, some new screenshots are online showing off the new replay functionality, and the StarCraft II Q&A Batch #50 is now online.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Weekend Sales Mar 21, 2009, 11:55 VT Hoodlum

Oh hey, a bonus. If you put in a starcraft key, it automatically upgrades you to the brood wars expansion version (I think because it didn't have a cd key). So free expansion for starcraft if you never got it

Negative. I put in my Starcraft key to add the game, and it added the anthology, like you said. Downloaded the installer, and when I try to install, it asks me for a 26 digit cd key. I tried putting in my Starcraft key again, but no dice. You sure Brood War didn't have a cd-key?

Edit: Nevermind, I'm retarded, and didn't see the big orange digital key staring me right in the face. Free expansion FTW

This comment was edited on Mar 21, 2009, 12:00.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Weekend Sales Mar 20, 2009, 18:26 agent_smith

Oh hey, a bonus. If you put in a starcraft key, it automatically upgrades you to the brood wars expansion version (I think because it didn't have a cd key). So free expansion for starcraft if you never got it

Yeah, I saw that too it's pretty awesome! I came to the same conclusion as you (because BW didn't have a key).

I'm gonna try to install a couple of games to my eeepc and it's great because I won't have to search for a nocd patch (the thing doesn't have a cd drive).

10. Re: Weekend Sales Mar 20, 2009, 17:24 Dev

9. Re: Weekend Sales Mar 20, 2009, 17:09 Dev

Just a note: Registering only automatically puts you into beta test list if you click the checkmark for it (on second signup screen where it asks if you want to get blizzard insider emails). It defaults to NO checkmark.  

8. Re: StarCraft II Beta Invites Coming? Mar 20, 2009, 10:03 nin

As a web designer I love the design and intuitive UI for the sign up process and the subsequent add games process!

Someone should send over the Impulse folks to take notes...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

7. Re: StarCraft II Beta Invites Coming? Mar 20, 2009, 02:16 Kxmode

As a web designer I love the design and intuitive UI for the sign up process and the subsequent add games process!  

6. Re: StarCraft II Beta Invites Coming? Mar 20, 2009, 00:30 Cutter

gg 404 error.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

5. Re: StarCraft II Beta Invites Coming? Mar 20, 2009, 00:20 nin

Yeah, the games all being up for digital download if you have the keys is really nice.

It's awesome. They've had this when you login to the blizzard store, but it's nice to have everything under one login now...

The WOW client download link isn't working yet (or as of an hour ago wasn't) but all the rest show you your key and then give you an option to download the PC or Mac versions...

Very slick.

4. Re: StarCraft II Beta Invites Coming? Mar 20, 2009, 00:01 Warskull

Yeah, the games all being up for digital download if you have the keys is really nice.  

3. Re: StarCraft II Beta Invites Coming? Mar 19, 2009, 23:05 nin

Awesome, just merged everything in. Got all my Blizzard games in one spot for download, plus a chance at a beta key.

2. Re: StarCraft II Beta Invites Coming? Mar 19, 2009, 22:57 Jow

*spurt*  

1. Re: StarCraft II Beta Invites Coming? Mar 19, 2009, 22:00 theyarecomingforyou

Done.  

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo