Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Happy Saint Patrick's Day! Go and have fun, but remember, bartenders call this amateur's night for a reason, so please be careful out there, especially if you're on the roads.

Irish Links: Thanks Ant, Mike Martinez, and Neutronbeam.
Play: Cubic Disturbance.
Links: The Most Violent Video Games Ever Made.
Sexy People. Thanks Devicer.
Stories: Iraqi Goalie Killed In Victory Shooting.
In Thin Air of the Alps, Swiss Secrecy Is Vanishing.
Science: From Arctic Soil, Fossils of a Goliath That Ruled the Jurassic Seas.
Media: Amazing Sexual Innuendo.
Follow-ups: Treatment for Peanut Allergies Shows Promise.

View
37 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

37. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 18, 2009, 11:00 Kxmode

Blizzard has a license to print money and no one is gonna mess with that. SC2 will be fine

Whew. Thanks for calming me down Dades! For a minute I thought I was going to lose it. Whew

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

36. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 18, 2009, 09:46 Mr. Tact

All I'm saying is that Activision better not fuck up one of my favorite game developers.
Amen brother, Amen.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

35. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 17, 2009, 20:09 Creston

No other sport in the world has such high fan violence as soccer.

The root cause of that is not soccer, though. Soccer in and of itself is not a violent game. The problem is that soccer is so fucking simple, it's the only game that all the mouthbreathing imbeciles of the world can understand.

Therefore, they go to soccer games, where they sit in a cramped space with 60,000 other mouthbreathing drooltards, and violence ensues.

Ban the fans from soccer, and the violence simply shifts somewhere else. Holland tries this for a few games. The only difference was that the hooligan wars happened downtown rather than at the stadium.

I'm happy there's such a thing as soccer. It keeps all the dipshits out of my baseball games.

Creston

34. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 17, 2009, 18:55 Dades

Blizzard themselves already said they were shooting for 2009. Blizzard is already entirely autonomous from Activision, they've stated this several times. Every time someone makes a decision they don't like involving a Blizzard game it gets brought up and Blizzard always shoots it down. They're in the same office, have the same staff and nothings changed. People from the WoW team, SC2 teams and Diablo3 have all said it. Geez don't worry, Blizzard has a license to print money and no one is gonna mess with that. SC2 will be fine

I heard it was Diablo 3, actually...

Really doubt it, based on what they've shown they still have a long ways to go. Probably something closer to mid-2010.

This comment was edited on Mar 17, 2009, 18:57.

33. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 17, 2009, 18:03 Kxmode

It's still "when it's done", but they're suggesting 2009, so shooting for December isnt a bad way to go...
http://www.starcraftwire.net/blog/comments/activision-confirms-starcraft-ii-for-2009/

I guarantee you if that's the game Activision plays and forces Blizzard to play the same game then you pretty much know what happened to Blizzard's nearly autonomous status within the Vivindi collective. I said it before, and I'll say it again, Vivindi needs to break up Activision and Blizzard into two separate companies again. Let Activision do their thing; let Blizzard do their thing. Let the merits of each shine through. Right now it seems like Blizzard's merits carry Activision, yet Activision by their very nature is the publisher so they can yack face all day long about launch dates and shit. All I'm saying is that Activision better not fuck up one of my favorite game developers. Brood

This comment was edited on Mar 17, 2009, 18:05.

32. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 17, 2009, 17:59 DG

It's still "when it's done", but they're suggesting 2009, so shooting for December isnt a bad way to go...
http://www.starcraftwire.net/blog/comments/activision-confirms-starcraft-ii-for-2009/

31. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 17, 2009, 16:08 nin

So, I heard a "rumor" yesterday (in WoW guild chat) that SC2 was coming out in Decemeber 2009. I immediately discounted it, since I haven't seen anything here. But, has anyone else heard anything?

I heard it was Diablo 3, actually...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

30. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 17, 2009, 15:59 Mr. Tact

So, I heard a "rumor" yesterday (in WoW guild chat) that SC2 was coming out in Decemeber 2009. I immediately discounted it, since I haven't seen anything here. But, has anyone else heard anything?  

29. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 17, 2009, 15:36 Kxmode

2 - St. Paddys

Not to sound like a spellchecker but I think it's "Patties". Smart

28. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 17, 2009, 15:34 nin

Ahh well, everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

I'm going to see Billy Joel/Elton John tonight...should be fun.

27. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 17, 2009, 15:24 complicity

if you see on the news that a bartender in Toronto snapped and killed a bunch of amatuers tonight, it'll probably be me.
What bar in TO do you work at, Halsy? I'd like to witness this rampage

A message of hope to those who choose to hear it,
and a warning to those who do not.

26. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 17, 2009, 15:16 Cutter

Amateur night is right. We also call it 'Clown School' because of all the clowns that come out and can't handle their shit. And because of a combination of being short-staffed with a few people who recently quit, others on holiday, and yet others who want to party tonight, I'm stuck closing the bar. You can imagine how thrilled I am with this prospect. The three worst days - in order - to work in a restaurant.

1 - Mothers Day
2 - St. Paddys
3 - Valentines

As an 'alchoholist' of Irish stock, I don't even like going out on St. Paddys, as I can't even stand being around the lightweights. There are a few bars around which cater to "industry only" tonight, and they're a good time. However, if you see on the news that a bartender in Toronto snapped and killed a bunch of amatuers tonight, it'll probably be me. I'm sure they'll blame it on the video games though.

Ahh well, everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

25. Re: World in Conflict : Soviet Assault Mar 17, 2009, 14:17 Dan =0)

I believe it's a text adventure.

Or it could be a procedurally-generated game.

Dan =0)

Shameless self-plug(s): http://drdk.bandcamp.com
http://www.myspace.com/dankupkamusic
http://drdkmusic.net76.net

24. Re: World in Conflict : Soviet Assault Mar 17, 2009, 13:48 FatalTourist

Anyone buy this through Steam? When installing it says the entire file size is 1 MB. That seems slightly dodgy?

I believe it's a text adventure.

Escape Pod Films

23. Re: Amazing Sexual Innuendo Mar 17, 2009, 13:34 Capella

A fan of the movie Bad Santa, are we?

Never seen it. Just saying.

You seriously missed out then...go get it.

I bet she don't shit right for a week after that!

"Yeah everyone's gotta have the sickness
Cause everyone seems to need the cure"

22. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 17, 2009, 11:50 Mr. Tact

You're right, of course. It's really more about nationalism or regionalism than it is soccer. And of course, it happens around other sports -- I remember a serious issue around cricket in Pakistan recently. However, given the frequency with which "events" occur around soccer matches, it's impossible to not give soccer some of the blame.  

21. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 17, 2009, 11:44 ShadowNC

You're right about the flares and other nonsense that goes on. I'm a huge soccer fan, and trust me I hate to see that stuff too. And I apologize if I sounded like I was knocking you for your original post, I do see that you singled out the "fans", which of course is the whole issue...not the sport itself.  

20. Re: World in Conflict : Soviet Assault Mar 17, 2009, 11:44 nin

A fan of the movie Bad Santa, are we?

Never seen it. Just saying.

You seriously missed out then...go get it.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 17, 2009, 11:43 Kxmode

why don't we have all this "soccer violence" happening here

Three words: Scottish Soccer Hooligans! Aye! Punch

This comment was edited on Mar 17, 2009, 11:43.

18. Re: The Most Violent Vidoe Game Ever Mad Mar 17, 2009, 11:41 Mr. Tact

Wow. Forgot about Smash TV, what a great game! =p  

37 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo