Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Sunday Tech Bits

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Mar 16, 2009, 01:33 jimnms

I haven't been impressed with the Netflix instant movies. The video quality, though not DVD quality, is fine, but the audio quality kills it for me. For one, it's only 2 channel, but worse is I keep having to adjust the volume depending on what's happening. If it's quiet and just dialog, I have to turn the volume up, but then when there's some action, gun fire, explosions, etc., I have to turn it down because it's too loud and gets distorted.  

MeanJim on Steam
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Mar 15, 2009, 21:38 xXBatmanXx

Netflix instant view started off as sort of a gimmick, but lately its been getting pretty impressive

Yup, reconfig'd my wireless network with a new router, and now I get HD feeds on the xbox 360.

9.00 a month. Not bad.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

4. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Mar 15, 2009, 21:38 RP

My roommate and I have the $10/month Netflix plan, which allows us to watch 2 movies/week if we time the returns correctly. So I get 8 DVDs/month + streaming stuff for $5. And I don't have to deal with the morons who work at my local Blockbuster.  

3. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Mar 15, 2009, 20:27 Aero

It's not perfect, but Netflix really is where it's at these days. I was attracted to that return-to-the-store bit about Blockbuster's service and I had a sub I got as a gift, but given that the turn around with Netflix most of the time is one day, two at most (unless its something obscure), driving to the store just wasn't worth it. Since I already had the Netflix account, I stopped using Blockbuster long before my sub even ran out.

Netflix instant view started off as sort of a gimmick, but lately its been getting pretty impressive. There actually is a lot of really good stuff on there now, not just the second rate collection it started off as. That alone is probably worth the $12 a month for me given how often I use it.

2. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Mar 15, 2009, 16:26 xXBatmanXx

Blockbuster Total Access Unannounced Policy Change.

I noticed that when I grabbed my last movie this week....*sigh*. Looks like I will be canceling that service. Bummer.

Price went up, options went down, movies went down. wtf.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

1. Blockbuster Total Access Mar 15, 2009, 14:54 jimnms

Looks like I canceled my account just in time. Three times in a row when I exchanged my online rentals in store and returned them, all at the same time, they conveniently "lost" one. The first two times they found it on the shelf or still behind the desk, but it was never checked in. The last time they said they couldn't find it, but the guy said he would mark it as returned. Then when I get my bank statement and find they charged me for it, that was the breaking point for me. They did reverse part of the charge, but they shorted me like $1.40 or something.  

MeanJim on Steam

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo