Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

BF Heroes Server Beta Key Deal

The Battlefield Heroes Website has details on how you can get 16 beta keys if you preorder a server from one of their partners, offering a unique opportunity to pay to beta test a free game. They do stress that this will not put anyone further back in the queue as they distribute beta keys, saying: "Don't worry, we will continue sending out Beta Keys to people who signed up using the Beta Key sign up form (in the order of signing up) at the same rate. In other words, this will not delay the sending, nor reduce the number of Beta keys sent to people who signed up."

View
9. Re: BF Heroes Server Beta Key Deal Mar 15, 2009, 00:39 Aero

The owning a server thing doesn't strike me as being all that useful, "king of the castle" and all that. Because of the whole 'casual' angle, I don't see enough clans/groups interested enough to invest in a server. Probably their best bet would be to let the server owner show an ad between rounds. Then we might see companies (say, Logitech, etc.), investing in some servers.

I got a beta key a few days ago. It's alright I guess. I have fun playing it. The simplicity is nice in its way. It does feel repetitive though. I've only put two or three hours in and I'm already getting a little bored. I can definitely see myself loading it up for a half-hour here and there though.

I'll be interested to see how it goes. I'm not at all opposed to the model. I'm perfectly happy to look at some ads or whatever if the game itself is otherwise free to play.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Mar 14, 15:22 Re: BF Heroes Server Beta Key Deal Overon
  4. Mar 14, 22:04  Re: BF Heroes Server Beta Key Deal Jason
  5. Mar 14, 22:28   Re: BF Heroes Server Beta Key Deal Kedyn
  7. Mar 14, 22:32   Re: BF Heroes Server Beta Key Deal LittleMe
>> 9. Mar 15, 00:39    Re: BF Heroes Server Beta Key Deal Aero
  8. Mar 15, 00:26  Re: BF Heroes Server Beta Key Deal Old_Geezer
  12. Mar 16, 10:51  Re: BF Heroes Server Beta Key Deal VultureMAN
  2. Mar 14, 16:51 Re: BF Heroes Server Beta Key Deal theyarecomingforyou
  3. Mar 14, 17:22 OT: Red Orchestra Techie714
  6. Mar 14, 22:31  Re: OT: Red Orchestra LittleMe