Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Pirate Galaxy Open Beta

Pirate Galaxy announces open beta testing is underway for this subscription-free sci-fi MMORPG, and word is anyone who registers can start to play immediately. The game can be downloaded, and it can also be played in a browser.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Pirate Galaxy Mar 12, 2009, 17:45 Talisorn

Hey. It's subscription free. It sounds like you get more than enough for your money ....

It could be ok when your bored of everything else and just want to play something and blow shit up. Who knows until you try it?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Pirate Galaxy Mar 12, 2009, 16:30 House

I gave it about 20 minutes so far. It's no space sim - more of a lightweight, casual MMO with spaceships.  

10. Re: Pirate Galaxy Open Beta Mar 12, 2009, 15:05 Coolone

I've been starving for a space sim that I don't have to pay monthly for.

Desperate times call for desperate measures

*downloads*

9. Re: Pirate Galaxy Open Beta Mar 12, 2009, 14:36 Zanthar

Arrrgh! Yee gets what yee pays for... arrrghhh.  

8. Re: Pirate Galaxy Open Beta Mar 12, 2009, 14:21 Aero

I might try it if for no other reason that it would be awesome if it was good. I don't really need fancy graphics. The screenshots look decent enough to me. It looks like a pretty low rent operation in general though. I'll at least keep an eye on it. I'd be more inclined to checking it out if it had trading and that sort of stuff space-sim stuff.

Just a browser based MMO version of Freelancer would be awesome. Someone ought to do that. Even without making all that many changes it would be a pretty good candidate. It's light on resources, already works reasonably well with almost a couple hundred players on a desktop server and a cable internet connection, and it has pretty simple pick-up-and-play type gameplay. The mechanics and player management would need work, but it's not so far out there.

7. Re: Pirate Galaxy Open Beta Mar 12, 2009, 14:08 dubfanatic

LOL they couldn't even write their own EULA, nice.

6. Re: Pirate Galaxy Open Beta Mar 12, 2009, 13:12 Dead Tired

I was skimming over the license agreement and found Splitscreen will post notification of any such changes to this License Agreement on the World of Warcraft website and will post the revised version of this License Agreement in this location, ...yadda, yadda, yadda.

Why the World of Warcraft website? I have a few suspicions but there's probably an innocent answer.

5. Re: Weekend Sales Mar 12, 2009, 11:30 Kxmode

Beware of Space Herpes  

4. Re: Weekend Sales Mar 12, 2009, 10:54 Burrito of Peace

eve online knockoff?

No. Think more like the mutant offspring of Wing Commander Arena having raped Freelancer then raised by a retarded Japanese couple who are also visually impaired.

3. Re: Weekend Sales Mar 12, 2009, 08:25 Innocent

eve online knockoff?  

2. Re: Weekend Sales Mar 12, 2009, 06:54 eRe4s3r

After clicking on this link you will wish you had never seen them ^^

http://www.pirategalaxy.com/en/screenshots.php

But yargh, is that a HORRID site, doesn't seem to support Firefox 3 properly

This comment was edited on Mar 12, 2009, 06:55.

1. Re: Weekend Sales Mar 12, 2009, 06:35 Dev

I don't see any screenshots on thier web page...  

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo