Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Gold - Mob Ties Tokyo

Indie developer Electronic Visual Elements (aka "two Gen-Xer’s living in their mother's basement") announce the completion of Mob Ties Tokyo, their single-player first-person shooter set in Tokyo, Japan that puts the player in the role of a hitman. The game is available for online purchase, offering a version that's rated "T" as well as an "M" version that includes more flesh. There's no demo, but the site offers screenshots and a gameplay trailer.

View
3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

3. Re: Gold - Mob Ties Tokyo Mar 12, 2009, 16:15 MTechnik

Really, add a few bump maps and some heavy post processing effects and at least the make it up to "rainbow 6: vegas" style.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Re: Gold - Mob Ties Tokyo Mar 12, 2009, 12:00 nin

But seriously, I don't think it's possible in todays gaming market to make money with such a outdated looking game (since there is no demo, I can't tell how the gameplay is).
It looks like a mix between Half-Life and Quake III. There are free engines available, for example Ogre, which look much better. And you get even shadows.

But who knows? Maybe the gameplay is even better then Deus Ex.

There's always the possibility that their work here might get them hired (or at least an interview) elsewhere also...

Not interested in it, not gonna try it, but I'm just saying...you gotta start somewhere.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

1. Re: Gold - Mob Ties Tokyo Mar 12, 2009, 11:54 Buckermann

I know a Indy Dev doesn't has the resources like many other publisher.

But seriously, I don't think it's possible in todays gaming market to make money with such a outdated looking game (since there is no demo, I can't tell how the gameplay is).
It looks like a mix between Half-Life and Quake III. There are free engines available, for example Ogre, which look much better. And you get even shadows.

But who knows? Maybe the gameplay is even better then Deus Ex.

3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo