Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

MrsBlue seems to have survived her dental ordeal, though it took a bit longer than expected, leaving me with some free time to explore the minimally interesting town where the Endodontist is located. There was a crappy little mom-and-pop games store there that was interesting to peruse, partially because some of its offerings seemed like museum pieces. As I was getting set to leave I pointed out to the guy that it might be time to pull the copies of Tabula Rasa he had for sale, since the game is offline. The grunt he replied with was vague enough that I clarified that he might end up with an irate customer if they bought a worthless game from him, and this time his grunt was less equivocal: I should mind my own business. You're welcome creepo - I hope a GameStop moves in right across the street from your dump.

Helpful Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez.
Play: Green Moon Lab.
Leaf Blight.
Link: Life Before the Console Age: Forgotten Electronic Games.
Stories: Boat made of plastic bottles to make ocean voyage.
Coffee taster's tongue worth £10m.
Shakespeare's first theatre found.
Science: Research Finds Chimps Can Plan Stockpiling, Use of Weapons. Thanks brother19.
White chocolate keyboard.
Media: Saturday Morning Watchmen. Thanks Phil.
Why Terminators Transport Naked.

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 10, 2009, 22:59 Creston

I doubt he actually knew the product was outdated. It's more likely he didn't know, and didn't care.

If I ran a videogame store and someone came in and told me, calmly, that title ABC was no longer playable and I might want to remove it from the shelves, I'd probably ask that person where he got that information and then verify it for myself.

Alternatively, as a store owner you can be a fucking cocksucker, then blame the government when your shitty store goes under.

Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 10, 2009, 19:43 SirKnight

Ooooohh. Who knew good things could come from clicking stuff?  

14. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 10, 2009, 17:30 Skullguise

Also a Gamestop wouldn't be ANY competition in selling PC games. I went to a local Gamestop here in Las Vegas this weekend to try to get Empire Total War. Couldn't find the PC section. Guy says "My store has never carried PC games blah blah blah" I all heard was blah blah blah as I disgustedly said "whatever then" and left that POS store forever.

I like console games and all but what the hell is happening to good ol computer games?

13. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 10, 2009, 16:11 PHJF

I've never seen a "mom and pop" videogame store before... moms and pops don't seem the type to be interested in pushing Grand Theft Auto on underage kids.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

12. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 10, 2009, 15:41 Wilson

You know, I'm pretty sure--don't have an proof, of course--that I saw Gamestop or Best Buy selling copies of Earth & Beyond after that one had gone under. You'd think a little store would be more in touch with that sort of thing, though, being that there might actually be a gamer on staff.  

11. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 10, 2009, 14:50 banddirector

Knowingly selling people products that won't work is ...

I doubt he actually knew the product was outdated. It's more likely he didn't know, and didn't care. It's *that* kind of ignorant indifference that makes me wish these places went out of business ....

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

10. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 10, 2009, 13:52 Creston

This is exactly why game stores should just die out. Knowingly selling people products that won't work is fucking disgusting.

Circuit City went out of business for a whole lot less shitty attitude.

Creston

9. Re: Research Finds Chimps Can Plan Stock Mar 10, 2009, 12:14 Cutter

Especially dubya.

Yeah, that was just too easy.

It's just the mom and pop shops, I still see Bestbuy and other chains with games that need to be pulled or tossed into the bargain bin that they're selling at full price or close to it.

And "creepo"? Heh, that always me reminds me of the little girl calling Rocky that.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

8. Re: Favorite movie line Mar 10, 2009, 12:02 PHJF

It's shitty ass Killzone.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

7. Re: Favorite movie line Mar 10, 2009, 10:50 nin

What game is the current blues logo from (the hot rod)?

If you click on the logo on the front page, it will tell you.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

6. Re: Favorite movie line Mar 10, 2009, 10:50 Kxmode

Go to the homepage and click the logo SirKnight  

5. Re: Favorite movie line Mar 10, 2009, 10:40 SirKnight

What game is the current blues logo from (the hot rod)?  

4. Favorite movie line Mar 10, 2009, 10:30 Kxmode

"Your father was captain of a starship for tweleve minutes. He saved eight-hundred lives including yours. I challenge you to do better. Enlist in the Star Fleet."

Love that!

3. Re: gamestore Mar 10, 2009, 09:40 Armengar

Blue: did you not hit him with a "Dont you know who I am?" that ALWAYS works for most celebs doesnt it?  
Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.

2. Re: Research Finds Chimps Can Plan Stock Mar 10, 2009, 08:46 peteham

I should mind my own business
I had a similar experience in a mom & pop store when I spotted a left-over GeForce 6600GT sitting on a shelf priced the same as an 8800GT anywhere else at that time.
Hope nobody ever bought that thing It's borderline attempt of fraud not to remove something that out of date from your shelves, or at the very least update the price accordingly.

1. Research Finds Chimps Can Plan Stock Mar 10, 2009, 02:14 LittleMe

Of course there's been proof of that for thousands of years. Just look at human history. Especially dubya.  

Perpetual debt is slavery.

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo