Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

UT3 Patch & Titan Pack

A new patch for Unreal Tournament III updates the first-person shooter to version 2.0 with a number of fixes and changes while also paving the way for the new Titan Pack for the game, which is also now available. The patch adding client-side demo recording, improvements to Steam integration, server browser changes, UI tweaks, and much more can be found on AtomicGamer, BeyondUnreal, eXp.de, FanGaming, FileFront, FilePlanet (registration required), Fileplay, Gamer's Hell, and The Patches Scrolls. The Titan Pack that adds 16 new maps, three bonus pack 1 maps, two new game-types, the titular Titan mutator, vehicles, deployables, 57 Steam achievements, and more is available on AtomicGamer, BeyondUnreal, eXp de, FanGaming, FileFront, Fileplay, FilePlanet (registration required), Gamer's Hell, and The Patches Scrolls. The UT3 Titan Pack Reveal on BeyondUnreal is a good place to read all the details about this update.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: UT3 Patch amp; Titan Pack Mar 6, 2009, 10:02 4D-Boxing

I agree with the comments regarding the UI. SOme server admins told me it was supposed to be a major change but now that I've seen it for myself..lol

LittleMe said it all... you click & it freezes for sec..then lags..before i had to click now it's a double click. & the flow is just as bad as before. I should not have to click so many times to get to the server list. Look at CoD4 one click & I'm in the list.

They fixed the flak..movement & aiming is a bit diff.

I'll have to double check tonight but it almost looked like they removed some animations..I hope it was just lag that gave that impression.

I would have dropped the awards & remade the old 2k4 maps & game modes for UT3...still way more people playing 2k4 than ut3.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: UT3 Patch amp; Titan Pack Mar 6, 2009, 05:26 LittleMe

The patch is nice and very welcome. Epic, thank you!!

I agree with Morgan19 that the UI 'overhaul' is hardly an overhaul. They've added a lot of new stuff and that's great but it still feels very clunky and unfriendly to use. The flow is almost identical as before.

When you click something, the mouse pointer and UI lock up for a moment. And while it draws (like updating a server list), your mouse pointer lags and jerks around the screen like its 1988 and Windows 2.0 or something. It isn't a game breaking issue but it seems like not so hard a task to multithread the UI so it won't be so laggy/jerky.

The titans are fun and interesting and a welcome addition. But in a way, they take something away from the original Warfare mode maps (which were great and played well!). Thankfully, the server administrator can disable the Titans if he/she/it chooses.

If there were 2 more warfare maps in the patch+titan pack, I'd call it a full expansion pack. As it is, the 3 new warfare maps + 1 remake are very nice (not counting the other new maps). It takes time to determine their quality as far as gameplay goes. They LOOK really nice and no major map bugs found yet.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

11. Re: UT3 Patch amp; Titan Pack Mar 5, 2009, 18:05 Morgan19

Just installed the patch.

I'm not sure what "UI tweaks" they've implemented (haven't seen a full list of the changes), but it only seems like it's a different color (dark grey instead of red) and you have more setting options like graphics and sound. The UI itself is still the same bizarre "some options on the top left, some options on the bottom right of the screen" layout.

Just found this: "Major visual and menu flow overhaul for improved useability." I really question that. The graphics of the menu might be different, but otherwise the UI seems exactly the same (except for the aforementioned options changes). Am I missing something?

(EDIT-) The new maps, especially DarkMatch, look fantastic and play really well.

m19

This comment was edited on Mar 5, 2009, 18:37.

10. Re: UT3 Patch amp; Titan Pack Mar 5, 2009, 15:59 nin

Wow, it's Carver...long time no troll...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

9. Re: UT3 Patch amp; Titan Pack Mar 5, 2009, 15:57 Carver

You can't polish a turd, 'nuff said.  

8. Re: UT3 Patch amp; Titan Pack Mar 5, 2009, 13:17 Ecthelion

It looks like the Steam version has been updated, because my Steam client started automatically updating UT3 a short while ago.

EDIT: It looks like Steam is calling it "UT3 Black" now, and they're providing a free weekend for it. It's also on sale in the US for 11.99.

This comment was edited on Mar 5, 2009, 13:19.

7. Re: UT3 Patch  & Titan Pack Mar 5, 2009, 12:55 LittleMe

Thank you very much Epic!!!

You DON'T need Steam to get the update, or the TITAN pack.

Where did this rumor start anyway...

Jack you could ruin their compulsive ego boosting complaining. Let them feel morally superior to reality, in ignorance.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

6. Re: UT3 Patch  & Titan Pack Mar 5, 2009, 12:01 Jerykk

So, Cliffy tell us what's the sudden interest in PC again?

I'm pretty sure Cliffy had absolutely nothing to do with this pack or UT3.

5. Re: UT3 Patch  & Titan Pack Mar 5, 2009, 11:47 Jack

You DON'T need Steam to get the update, or the TITAN pack.

Where did this rumor start anyway...

Yes I have the patch running WITHOUT STEAM.

The whole expansion is pretty sweet. They've fixed a lot of things. We're gonna have a little LAN battle Friday night and see if UT3 gets it's crown back.

This comment was edited on Mar 5, 2009, 11:50.

4. Re: UT3 Patch  & Titan Pack Mar 5, 2009, 10:32 KilrathiAce

lol, took Epic year and half to add('enable') client side demo recording and further finish the PC server browser in the game...damn I am impressed. What was the delay? Maybe they were waiting for bailout.

So, Cliffy tell us what's the sudden interest in PC again? Yes I know the console version of the game is getting uplift as well but previous patch along with this is attempting to actually make the PC version of this game feel like well umm PC game...hmmm

This comment was edited on Mar 5, 2009, 10:35.

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka

3. Re: UT3 Patch  & Titan Pack Mar 5, 2009, 09:56 tuddies

STEAM BLOWS! Manual download FTW!

Awesome update, though. Thanks, Epic!!

This comment was edited on Mar 5, 2009, 09:58.

2. Re: UT3 Patch  & Titan Pack Mar 5, 2009, 09:40 Optimaximal

Now the game is intrinsically tied too Steam from v.2 onwards, what is the point with a manual patch?

Surely it would be good to allow people who want to play outside Steam to stay on 1.whatever whilst people who want to move on switch up to 2.0?

This comment was edited on Mar 5, 2009, 09:45.

1. Re: UT3 Patch  & Titan Pack Mar 5, 2009, 09:35 theyarecomingforyou

You'd think they'd have released it on Steam first or at least at the same time. The Steam forums are talking about how you can install the patch manually. Companies really need to sort their act out when it comes to patching with digital distribution, as it should occur the same time as retail patches.  

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo