Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X Movie

A new launch trailer is now available for Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X, showing off dogfighting and more airborne action from Ubisoft's aerial combat game. The clip is available on ActionTrip, AtomicGamer, FileFront, and Gamer's Hell.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. A\OFF Camera Mar 3, 2009, 22:44 ReverendTed

The A\OFF camera is pretty much a dealbreaker for me. I played the whole demo mission without it, but it's obvious that the performance of the plane is limited, and later enemies\levels will probably require it. It's disappointing, since I was really looking forward to this as something akin to Ace Combat on the PC.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Loved it! Mar 3, 2009, 19:12 Eldaron Imotholin

I tried the demo. I'm not into fly games but I must say I loved this! It makes you feel like you're the man, really.

There were those ground forces in this one mission and one tank was between all those high buildings, right? Pretty hard to take him down. So what did I do? Near his position I tilted up, gaining altitude, to then stall the plane -- basically halting it in the air -- as I turned the nose of my plane right down towards land, where the tank was right between my crosshairs. BOOM!

Oh I bet that all of you did it in that similar way, but I don't care. I sat there at my computer feeling like I was the best gamer out there.

Yeah, I loved it!

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.

10. Re: Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X Movie Mar 3, 2009, 18:45 Wowbagger_TIP

I tried the demo on the 360. Didn't like the funky camera angle and the dogfights were kinda retarded. Basically powerslide (or flip) to get your sight on something for 2 seconds, launch missile, rinse, repeat. It's kinda like a less interesting X-Wing game, where you don't even have to try to keep up with the target. How many missiles do these things carry anyway?  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

9. Re: Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X Movie Mar 3, 2009, 17:26 ColoradoHoudini

Because some of us are PC gamers at heart, don't have an X360 or PS3, and demo's are free? Maybe?

That's me.

although I'd play this on my console and tv.. that'd be pretty fun i'd think. --I don't have a console though
For now, it'll be the joystick and my 24inch CRT.. yeah baby.. CRT! (Sony monster from like.. 2001)

This comment was edited on Mar 3, 2009, 17:27.

8. Re: Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X Movie Mar 3, 2009, 17:23 Bundy

I don't know why you'd play this on a pc... Pretty sure your PC won't forgive you.

Because some of us are PC gamers at heart, don't have an X360 or PS3, and demo's are free? Maybe?

7. Re: Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X Movie Mar 3, 2009, 16:17 Tumbler

I like the crazy camera thing. I think the action takes on a cinematic feel and is a lot of fun to play. If you using a joystick or something I think you'll already looking for the wrong type of game.

This games works great on a controller. Looking forward to renting it for a day or 2. (on the 360...)

I don't know why you'd play this on a pc... Pretty sure your PC won't forgive you.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

6. Re: Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X Movie Mar 3, 2009, 14:39 Akuinnen

but not every damn plane should be able to throw its ass out by hitting the brakes, know what I mean?

Unless they have a coffee can muffler and a giant type R sticker.

5. Re: Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X Movie Mar 3, 2009, 14:22 Quboid

The sad thing about that is that it's not even original - Hot Shots had a similar thing, and it was a spoof film from about 1990. This and the camera thing are just bizarre, what were they thinking?

I played the second mission and never used the stupid track view system and it was OK, so it seems both "features" are ignorable. If it had decent joystick support I might even have got it.

- Quboid

4. Re: Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X Movie Mar 3, 2009, 14:04 Kevlar

But what about the powerslide move for the planes??!

Yeah, yeah, I know there are planes that are supposedly super-maneuverable (there's some technical word for it), but not every damn plane should be able to throw its ass out by hitting the brakes, know what I mean?

3. Re: Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X Movie Mar 3, 2009, 13:51 nin

Man, you gotta love that tutorial where the game basically tells you "You have cockpit view and behind the plane view. But we're going to disable those and force you to use 'fucking retarded' view. Now kill 10 drones!" Like, WHY!

Because it sucks.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

2. Re: Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X Movie Mar 3, 2009, 13:39 Akuinnen

Yeah.. I didn't get that.

I also don't get the ranks. This is supposed to be a mercenary group but they're giving you USAF ranks. Not only that but enlisted USAF ranks. Here's your $200 a month pay rate and your F-16 Airman Basic Smith.

1. Re: Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X Movie Mar 3, 2009, 13:20 Bundy

Man, you gotta love that tutorial where the game basically tells you "You have cockpit view and behind the plane view. But we're going to disable those and force you to use 'fucking retarded' view. Now kill 10 drones!" Like, WHY!  

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo