Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Dawn of War II Patched

Steam News announces the release of a new patch for Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II that's automatically available via Steam to improve the Games for Windows LIVE multiplayer experience. Word is: "Ranked and Custom game modes requiring Games for Windows LIVE will now only match players using the latest version of the game. Players should see a higher percentage of compatible games in the custom games list and reduced search times during matchmaking."

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Dawn of War II Patched Mar 3, 2009, 20:21 KilrathiAce

The game needs a real patch for past 2 weeks already and Relic delivers nothing... they have excuse saying they have to wait for MS certification... such game breaking bugs in multiplayer as population cap bug, losing control of force commander etc should have been fixed week ago at least... Now if you read their blog it says the patch that supposed to fix pop cap bug was removed from certification and now they are going to try and do data fix to avoid certification process.... So they have a highly expected game that is quite good, it sells well but they continously drop the ball on the support of the product. Relic, start supporting your product for the masses of people who bought the game for multiplayer.

Currently there is no 2v2 ranked option and why? because you said you started map making process late in development and ran out of time to make 2v2 maps.... So? how is that an excuse? We paid for the full product yet you say you didnt have time to finish the product... in addition you say you can't release patch even though you have it ready because you have to wait for ms certification. ...So the cycle of 'bs' continues.

This game has great potential, but its up to Relic to finally show whether they care and support this product or will they just count the money and dissapear with their support.

This comment was edited on Mar 3, 2009, 20:23.

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Dawn of War II Patched Mar 3, 2009, 18:48 Slink

I think the game is great, but I don't understand why it uses both Steam AND GFWL. They totally are redundant, and Steam is far superior. Why couldn't they just ditch GFWL?  
My Steam Community link:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/slinkfsu

8. Single Player Fun/Mulit-player Not! Mar 3, 2009, 15:59 TangledThorns

The single player is fun as ballz!! However the multiplayer is the worst I've seen for a game of this caliber.  

7. Re: Dawn of War II Patched Mar 3, 2009, 01:28 Creston

you would know that Windows Live is ten times better than anything Relic used to use.

I have yet to find a single match against a decent opponent in Windows Live crap. Ten times shit is still shit.

Creston

6. Re: Dawn of War II Patched Mar 2, 2009, 23:51 Dr. D. Schreber

Not fixed, looks like it could be weeks until it is fixed. In summary, if you haven't purchased this game, don't buy it. Wait for the next RTS.

Why, so I can complain about the next RTS' bugs instead? Let me know when you find a game without one.

NOT THE BEES! NOT THE BEES THEY'RE IN MY EYES AARRGRHGHGGAFHGHFGHFG!

5. Re: Dawn of War II Patched Mar 2, 2009, 23:44 Caveman

You don't say? Games for Windows Live being terrible. Who would have ever though that.

Great job going with that shit, Relic...

Creston

Ignorance is bliss I guess. If you played any previous Relic games online, you would know that Windows Live is ten times better than anything Relic used to use.

4. Re: Dawn of War II Patched Mar 2, 2009, 23:18 Warskull

So how is it going with fixing that broken population cap problem?

Not fixed, looks like it could be weeks until it is fixed. In summary, if you haven't purchased this game, don't buy it. Wait for the next RTS.

3. Re: Dawn of War II Patched Mar 2, 2009, 22:27 Creston

I love the game to death but this matchmaking shit is terrible

You don't say? Games for Windows Live being terrible. Who would have ever though that.

Great job going with that shit, Relic...

Creston

2. Re: Dawn of War II Patched Mar 2, 2009, 22:15 Overon

So how is it going with fixing that broken population cap problem?  

1. Re: Dawn of War II Patched Mar 2, 2009, 21:40 Caveman

Yea, I'm still waiting ages to get into a rank matched. I love the game to death but this matchmaking shit is terrible, it takes forever to find one match!  

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo