Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Weekend Sales

GamersGate announces the addition of EA titles like Spore and Crysis Warhead, celebrating by putting The Lord of the Rings Conquest on sale for $31.99. Also, Steam is offering 75% off Lost Planet: Extreme Condition.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Weekend Sales Mar 1, 2009, 09:06 StingingVelvet

It runs like ass on fast machines. So yes it's definitely a shitty console port.

I got 40+fps in DX10 mode on my old 8800GTS, and my current GTX 260 runs the game at 60+fps with every single setting maxed, so... either you're making this up to be angry at consoles (likely), or your machne is a piece of crap and not "fast" at all.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Weekend Sales Feb 28, 2009, 21:16 Kxmode

Lost Planet is a shitty console port of a horrible game.

I can't attest to the quality of the port, but the 360 game is actually quite fun. It's not revolutionary or groundbreaking, but it's a good 10 hour jaunt of mostly fun.

It runs like ass on fast machines. So yes it's definitely a shitty console port.

This comment was edited on Feb 28, 2009, 21:17.

11. Re: Weekend Sales Feb 28, 2009, 15:04 StingingVelvet

I played it all the way through with KB&M... no problems. Because it's third-person though don't expect FPS style aiming.  

10. Re: Weekend Sales Feb 28, 2009, 13:06 RP

So you can effectively play it with a KB + M? Some people claim there's noticeable mouse lag. I mostly play FPS, RTS, and 4X games these days, so I have no intention of buying a 360 controller.  

9. Re: Weekend Sales Feb 28, 2009, 12:32 StingingVelvet

Lost Planet was not a bad port. It runs very smoothly, controls are spot-on and it even added some DX10 effects like fur and more realistic snowfall.

It did have 360 pad graphics in addition to keyboard and mouse ones (i.e. it says "Press E or A Button to ____"), but this alone does not make it a "shitty port."

As for the game, it's a nice cinematic 3rd person shooter. It doesn't set the world on fire, but then so few games really do. Definately worth $5... it was worth $20 a couple days ago, and it was worth the $40 I paid for it over a year ago.

8. Re: Weekend Sales Feb 28, 2009, 03:55 Creston

I can't attest to the quality of the port, but the 360 game is actually quite fun. It's not revolutionary or groundbreaking, but it's a good 10 hour jaunt of mostly fun.

There are (were?) some really annoying control issues, like being constantly shot from prone animation into prone animation, but that only happened to me maybe two or three times in the entire game.

All in all, I found it to be pretty fun. The story is pretty forgettable, but the boss battles do make up for it. Especially the battle against whatever that big roach like fucker is called. Really cool and tough boss battle.

Creston

7. Re: Weekend Sales Feb 28, 2009, 03:09 Krovven

I tried the demo twice. Didn't care for it for the prices it was. But for $5...I may play it someday.

Downloading The Last Remnant Demo....

6. Re: Weekend Sales Feb 28, 2009, 01:25 mag

I have to also throw in my vote for "It's not a good game."  

5. Re: Weekend Sales Feb 27, 2009, 23:28 elefunk

Jeesh, why the hate? It's a fine game, nothing special, nothing terrible. It's old school shootemup with rocket-launching mechs of death and gigantic boss fights wrapped up in a relatively good game engine.
You think those guys actually played the game enough to form a valid opinion?

Anyway, it's actually a great port of a so-so game. Not my cup of tea, but its quality doesn't suffer because of its console->PC nature.

4. Re: Weekend Sales Feb 27, 2009, 23:25 PHJF

Not really. Controls are fine with a mouse and keyboard.

Jeesh, why the hate? It's a fine game, nothing special, nothing terrible. It's old school shootemup with rocket-launching mechs of death and gigantic boss fights wrapped up in a relatively good game engine.

This comment was edited on Feb 27, 2009, 23:26.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

3. Re: Weekend Sales Feb 27, 2009, 23:24 Enahs

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

2. Re: Weekend Sales Feb 27, 2009, 22:58 RP

So is Lost Planet just another shitty console port?  

1. Re: Weekend Sales Feb 27, 2009, 22:40 ochentay4

"Lost Planet: Extreme Condition" is not "Lost Planet: Colonies Edition".
The last one has more game modes and its compatible with Games4WindowsLive (i dont know if its good or bad).

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo