Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

H.A.W.X Movie & Preorders

A new movie is available from Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X, showing off more of the upcoming aerial combat game in a clip that focuses on the game's use of GeoEye, and don't fool yourself girl, it's looking at you. The clip is available on AtomicGamer and Gamer's Hell. Also, Ubisoft sends word that preordering the game at GameStop will earn you an exclusive in-game FB-22 fighter plane, while Steam is offering a free copy of Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII if you pre-purchase the game from them for digital distribution.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: H.A.W.X Movie & Preorders Feb 24, 2009, 16:59 Marvin T. Martian

Come on Steam! Blazing Angels is an incredible POS. You should be giving HAWX for 1/2 price if you take Blazing Angels as well.
Give me the extra planes please not UBI's old junk!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: H.A.W.X Movie & Preorders Feb 24, 2009, 14:47 Dr. D. Schreber

I guess today's gamer is not capable of working a flight "simulation" so perhaps they are not allowing the option.

Considering the genre died out years ago, I'd say us vaunted, elite, intelligent long-time PC gamers weren't capable of working a flight "simulation" since long before anyone had ever started yammering about the dumbing-down/consolization of games.

Or maybe the vast majority of us just never cared, considering that flying a plane in reality, or playing a game where you fly a plane realistically, is boring.

NOT THE BEES! NOT THE BEES THEY'RE IN MY EYES AARRGRHGHGGAFHGHFGHFG!

5. Re: H.A.W.X Movie & Preorders Feb 24, 2009, 01:52 Rigs

Actually Lock-On and it's Flaming Cliffs add-on have the Su-25. FC is actually dedicated to it. Definitely the flight-sim to beat at the moment, especially with it's Black Shark expansion just coming out. While I like games like H.A.W.X, like Air Combat, you just don't get the same control as you do in a real sim...

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

4. Re: H.A.W.X Movie & Preorders Feb 24, 2009, 00:47 Charlie_Six

yeah no one seems to understand why the game only lets you do sharp brake turns from the external view. It's just... baffling.

I will probably get this when the price drops. The Su-25 Frogfoot and X-29 are in the game. Haven't seen those since EA's Fighters Anthology

This comment was edited on Feb 24, 2009, 00:48.

Adventures of a video game mercenary
http://virtualmerc.blogspot.com

3. Re: H.A.W.X Movie & Preorders Feb 23, 2009, 23:00 nin

it kept putting me in some funky external view which was cool, but pretty useless to dogfight in..

That was the exact point I deleted the demo...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

2. Re: H.A.W.X Movie & Preorders Feb 23, 2009, 22:30 Narf2029

I guess today's gamer is not capable of working a flight "simulation" so perhaps they are not allowing the option.  
Huh? I'm sorry, I was thinking about cake.

1. Re: H.A.W.X Movie & Preorders Feb 23, 2009, 22:12 Wildone

I thought the demo was alright, except when I wanted to turn OFF the computer aided flight and have full maneuverability it kept putting me in some funky external view which was cool, but pretty useless to dogfight in..theres no way to have an internal view and full flight control? Thats a deal killer for me.  

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo