Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

ARMA II Movies

The ARMA II Website now offers a new trailer to introduce the Chernarussian Defense Forces (CDF) faction from Bohemia Interactive Studios' upcoming military shooter sequel. They say: "This new intel focuses on the CDF, a faction of brave soldiers defending their young independence and democracy. Trained by Western experts but equipped with a mix of old and modern weapons, the CDF are doing their best to stop all terrorist attacks planned by Northern Separatists from the 'Chernarussian Movement of the Red Star' terrorist organization." Meanwhile, the main website has a clip showing off impressive gameplay footage and cinematics from first- and third-person perspectives, demonstrating urban warfare, infantry combat on a countryside, and a tank battle involving helicopters.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: ARMA II Movies Feb 22, 2009, 14:15 Shooters fanboy

Shataan have you played Project Reality? it's a BF2 mod, it has your meat and potatoes, trust me. actually this goes for everyone posting here, save your money instead for more ram or a new GPU, buy Battlefield 2 for cheap and download Project Reality, best tactical teamwork FPS I'm positive gameplay will not be beaten by these 2 upcoming games.
http://www.realitymod.com/

--------------------------------------------------------
Blue how about Shooters on YouTube?

This comment was edited on Feb 22, 2009, 14:33.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: ARMA II Movies Feb 21, 2009, 18:54 Shataan

"If you are expecting something like BF2, you'll be sorely disappointed"

I am happy that it is nothing like BF 2. I will prolly buy both FP 2 and ARMA II.... for comparison reasons. I am an old Delta Force 2 player. And I LOVE looking for the enemy on huge freedom of movement maps.

Have waited a long time for a good decent realism feel mil combat game to come around. ARMA 1 didn`t grab me tho. Hope ARMA II has the meat n potatoes for me. FP 2 looks sweet as well. Here`s to hoping.

12. Re: ARMA II Movies Feb 21, 2009, 17:18 Scrub

Arma I was buggy, yes. Un-inspired, yes. Half done, yes. All things admitted and confessed by Bohemia Interactive. ArmA II is different, they say. Inspired and solid. We'll see. The features are awesome, though:

Multi-processor optimized, centimeter precision AI that sweep an urban area, or holds formation and covers moving elements in field maneuvers, takes hard cover and leans out to do SPECULATIVE suppressive fire (meaning 'I THINK that bastard is over there somewhere, I'll pin him). Which is different than the previous games. New sound engine with ~40 sounds elements to form a units auditory composite. New animation handlers allowing reload on the move and such. High command functions to control your army like the CoC mod, hopefully better (not that CoC was anything but fantastic, but you know, this is the team that actually gets PAID to do it :p )

Now if they get some of the sharper OFP-like controls and allow breaking of animations to save my ass, I'll be happy! lol. Can't wait.

11. Re: ARMA II Movies Feb 21, 2009, 14:32 Donkey_Punch

Flashpoint1 was made by the same people who make Arma & Arma2 and they all share the same bug-ridden game engine

Fixed your typo for you.

10. Re: ARMA II Movies Feb 21, 2009, 08:41 CreamyBlood

I think I might have an excuse to finally upgrade my computer.

I have to admit that I'm more of an 'arcadey' kind of guy, prefering BF42 over BF2, EtPro over TF2, Quake Wars over, well, whatever it competes with.

Sometimes you need to sink your teeth into a cerebral game. Maybe this is it. We'll see. Perhaps gaming will get interesting again.

9. Re: ARMA II Movies Feb 21, 2009, 06:18 Jerykk

They both havent captured why bf2 was so successful, I dont want to be walking miles just to find someone to kill..

Um, BF2 and ArmA 2 are completely different. BF2 is an arcadey, pick up and play shooter. There's really nothing realistic about it. ArmA 2 is the exact opposite. If you are expecting something like BF2, you'll be sorely disappointed.

8. Re: ARMA II Movies Feb 21, 2009, 04:44 Jackplug

I think tbh the one thing missing from both arma 2 and ofp 2 is the area that you are fighting in is drab and very boring to say the least. They both havent captured why bf2 was so successful, I dont want to be walking miles just to find someone to kill..

I have the same feeling about both games as they all look good, but I feel the biggest downfall of them both will be gameplay as you only have to look at the size of the maps and they are all huge, maybe a bit too big..

This comment was edited on Feb 21, 2009, 04:48.

7. Re: ARMA II Movies Feb 21, 2009, 03:00 jimnms

I'd say ArmA1 is more like Flashpoint 1.5. ArmA2 looks to be a much more worthy successor to OPF.

You are correct, even BiS stated that ArmA is an in between game from OFP and ArmA II.

Steam Profile

6. Re: ARMA II Movies Feb 21, 2009, 01:22 Jerykk

So for all intense purposes Arma1 is in actuality the real Flashpoint2, and when arma2 comes out it will actually be the real Flashpoint3.

I'd say ArmA1 is more like Flashpoint 1.5. ArmA2 looks to be a much more worthy successor to OPF.

5. Re: ARMA II Movies Feb 20, 2009, 23:01 KilgoreTrout

I am a bit sorry to see that the animations are still a bit robotic with little feeling of weight or inertia when they run etc. The unrealistic soldier animations (turning on the spot without moving their feet sometimes) is what turned me off ArmA, it looked too much like the original OFP (which I loved, but not for its graphics).

I think they should invest more in animations and physics than in making 300-million-polygon vehicles.

4. Re: ARMA II Movies Feb 20, 2009, 18:28 DangerDog

They've dropped the 2 from Flashpoint, people expecting it to be a hardcore military sim are going to be disappointed, i think.

ArmA II is going to be slow and tactical.

3. Re: ARMA II Movies Feb 20, 2009, 17:42 BigShot

Flashpoint1 was made by the same people who make Arma & Arma2 and they all share the same game engine and coding... Flashpoint2 is made by completely different people and therefore is a completely different game with no code or common engine with Flashpoint1 and the Arma series.

Poeple get confused because of the way the games were published, you see...the makers of flashpoint1 no longer work for the Flashpoint1 publisher (Codemasters), they went off on their own to make Arma1 & 2... they had to name it Arma because the publishers (Codemasters) owned the name "Flashpoint". ...so now the publisher (Codemasters) decides to hire completely different team of talent to make Flashpoint2 (since they own the name), but its really a completely different game than anything that exists right now.

So for all intense purposes Arma1 is in actuality the real Flashpoint2, and when arma2 comes out it will actually be the real Flashpoint3.

The Flashpoint2 waiting to be released by Codemasters really should be called something different (since its a completely new and different game and has zero in common)...this is what consfuses folks.

This comment was edited on Feb 20, 2009, 17:57.

2. Re: ARMA II Movies Feb 20, 2009, 15:45 Joss

Jets, ArmA2 has Jets.

That's all I know.

1. Re: ARMA II Movies Feb 20, 2009, 14:38 Wildone

So what IS the difference between this and Operation Flashpoint 2?!?!???? *CONFUSED POTENTIAL CUSTOMER*  

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo