Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

TF2 Scout Update Next Week

Team Fortress 2 Website now offers the first in a series of media releases to tease a Team Fortress 2 patch next Tuesday that will include the long awaited revamp to the Scout class. The first feature covers the Sandman, saying:

Your Scouts are going to love this highly collectible bat that smacks baseballs at the other team, stunning the living crap out of anyone dumb, slow, drunk, mute, or Australian enough to get in the way. The farther the ball flies before ricocheting offa some chucklehead's skull, the longer he's gonna be stunned. And guys who think they're tough because they're invulnerable? It works on them too. Now the bad news: You can't double-jump when you're carrying this little beauty. On the other hand, double-jumping never put anyone in a coma.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: TF2 Scout Update Next Week Feb 18, 2009, 01:28 n0slet

I don't really understand what they were thinking. They said before they wanted to make the scout more viable in maps like Goldrush and Dustbowl so they could actually do their job. But this just seems more like a hilarious griefing tool to me. I expected something better to help them stay alive to get their intended function done more easily. Even something like the old Quake TF caltrops or something lol. ^_-  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: TF2 Scout Update Next Week Feb 17, 2009, 20:33 PHJF

But he can't double jump when using the bat, which makes the scout... not a scout.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

10. Re: TF2 Scout Update Next Week Feb 17, 2009, 20:31 dubfanatic

Concerns me all the stuns and snares and knockbacks they're putting in the game. Starting to seem a bit too MMOish to me. That type of stuff has limited place in FPS's imo.

Apparently a designer at Valve once stated they'd never implement a weapon which causes the other player to lose control. I guess they couldn't come up with any other bat upgrade...

9. Re: TF2 Scout Update Next Week Feb 17, 2009, 20:03 Nate

Read the TF2 website. Further the ball flies, longer they are out.

Can't wait!

8. Re: TF2 Scout Update Next Week Feb 17, 2009, 19:55 n0slet

Yeah this will either be retarded or pretty cool. Hopefully they can't just sit back and chain do it. Or your going to have half a team of scouts for months sitting back sniping people with balls the entire game. And I hope there is a cool down or something on it, cause if one scout can make you be unable to move for 2-3 minutes lol, might as well just go play Wow. Concerns me all the stuns and snares and knockbacks they're putting in the game. Starting to seem a bit too MMOish to me. That type of stuff has limited place in FPS's imo. Hopefully this won't up being as annoying as it sounds. Least make the ball slow like the flare so you can dodge it lol.  

7. Re: TF2 Scout Update Next Week Feb 17, 2009, 19:23 dubfanatic

sandman scout + air blast pyro = ultimate uber counter

IMO something is wrong when two offense classes make a D pairing so powerful that it can totally deny ubers. Valve may have screwed the pooch on this one, but I guess I'll have to wait and see before I make a judgment.

6. Re: TF2 Scout Update Next Week Feb 17, 2009, 19:21 human

Yeah, yeah.  

5. Re: TF2 Scout Update Next Week Feb 17, 2009, 19:18 Overon

A freaking tough guy.  

4. Re: TF2 Scout Update Next Week Feb 17, 2009, 18:45 JaZeeL

Frickin' unbelievable!  

3. Re: TF2 Scout Update Next Week Feb 17, 2009, 17:13 Prez

Awesome. Love the bat idea. Now hurry up next week!  

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

2. Re: TF2 Scout Update Next Week Feb 17, 2009, 17:06 rist3903

Awesome. They took the Priestess of the Moon's attack from dota.

No doubt Icefrog borrowed it from somewhere else but that is where I know it from.

1. Re: TF2 Scout Update Next Week Feb 17, 2009, 17:05 Fuzzmatang

And guys who think they're tough because they're invulnerable? It works on them too.

Eenteresting...

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo