Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

TF2 & DoD: Source Patched

Steam News has word that new updates are now automatically available for Team Fortress 2 and Day of Defeat: Source. The new version of TF2 tweaks sticky bombs, moves the unlockable system to their new backend, tweaks some variables and more. The Day of Defeat: Source update closes off some client exploit; fixes that have likewise been applied to TF2.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: TF2 & DoD: Source Patched Feb 17, 2009, 18:13 theyarecomingforyou

Thank god, I hate fucking instant respawn servers. On maps like Badwater it's all but impossible for the blue team to win. Goldrush is even worse. I don't think I've ever seen the blue team get past the first stage there on an instant respawn server, not once.
I play on instant respawn servers all the time and have successfully attacked and defended on Badwater on countless occasions... it just leads to more frantic gameplay.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: TF2 & DoD: Source Patched Feb 17, 2009, 00:05 Jackal

yeah that crap irritates me.

They need to incorporate a way to ban servers from your server refresh, incorporate a server-side slot reservation so no more lame ass "oh look this server isn't full.... loading.... 100%... -RESERVED SLOT ACCESS DENIED-"

and they need to fix the majority of the bugs they have yet to fix since release.

5. Re: TF2 & DoD: Source Patched Feb 16, 2009, 22:44 Caveman

NICE! So glad they nerfed stickies...  

4. Re: TF2 & DoD: Source Patched Feb 16, 2009, 22:33 PHJF

LVL3 teleporters are insanely helpful on instant spawn servers...  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

3. Re: TF2 & DoD: Source Patched Feb 16, 2009, 22:22 Narf2029

Thank god, I hate fucking instant respawn servers. On maps like Badwater it's all but impossible for the blue team to win. Goldrush is even worse. I don't think I've ever seen the blue team get past the first stage there on an instant respawn server, not once. (I hope those are the right map names, haven't played in a while because so many servers with those maps are instant respawn and I just gave up for a while.)  
Huh? I'm sorry, I was thinking about cake.

2. Re: TF2 & DoD: Source Patched Feb 16, 2009, 22:14 dubfanatic

YES I can exclude instant respawn servers (at least, the ones that bother to include the tag). Now either implement a blacklist or fix the false client reporting exploit and the server browser will be perfect.

1. Re: TF2 & DoD: Source Patched Feb 16, 2009, 21:46 Prez

Hello? Scout update? Hello?  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo