Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

World of Warcraft Patch

An update for World of Warcraft is now available to bring Blizzard's MMORPG to version 3.09. The update is not reflected in the WoW Current Patch Notes, but manual patches for the new version are already available. The US/AU English patch is on ActionTrip, AtomicGamer, Gamer's Hell, and Games32; and patches for various other territories are on AtomicGamer, Gamer's Hell, and Games32.

View
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

20. Re: World of Warcraft Patch Feb 11, 2009, 14:22 Kxmode

WotLK has the best damn thing ever invented in MMOs... phasing.

Truth.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: World of Warcraft Patch Feb 11, 2009, 11:22 nin

Had never heard about the launcher duplication issue. Checked -- not happening to me (duplicate copies that is).

Not here, either...did a search last night, after reading this thread...

Phasing is good and bad. It kinda sucks when you want to help someone but can't because of you are in different phases.

That's my exact problem...I finished all the icecrown quests, but those last 20-30 were difficult finding people to help with...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

18. Re: World of Warcraft Patch Feb 11, 2009, 11:11 Mr. Tact

Had never heard about the launcher duplication issue. Checked -- not happening to me (duplicate copies that is).

Phasing is good and bad. It kinda sucks when you want to help someone but can't because of you are in different phases.

I used to launch using wow.exe, but gave up since every patch would update my icon to use the launcher. Got tired of changing it everytime.

This comment was edited on Feb 11, 2009, 11:15.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

17. Re: World of Warcraft Patch Feb 10, 2009, 20:25 Krovven

WotLK has the best damn thing ever invented in MMOs... phasing. Hopefully all future zones in WoW are done exactly like Icecrown. It's a shame they didn't show this off at lower levels though.

I agree it is a really cool feature. It is shown off at earlier levels...the Death Knight starting area is like 4 or 5 different phases. I finally hit lvl 68 the other day and after being ported to Dalaran I poked around a bit. Found myself being ported to Tanaris and made my way down to the Caverns of Time, and followed random path which took me to Old Hillsbrad. So it can be done in the older zones, but remember WoTK is for 68+ content (aside from the DK start area) so it's not something that was designed into any old content for lower levels.

And the Launcher bug struck again...obviously just happening for me when I do a patch as I use the wow.exe file otherwise.

16. Re: World of Warcraft Patch Feb 10, 2009, 18:58 nin

WotLK has the best damn thing ever invented in MMOs... phasing.

Yes and no: It's an awesome feature, but it's a pain in the ass when someone offers to help you in a mission, only once you both get there, they disappear since they're not as far along as you are...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

15. Re: World of Warcraft Patch Feb 10, 2009, 17:47 Frijoles

WotLK has the best damn thing ever invented in MMOs... phasing. Hopefully all future zones in WoW are done exactly like Icecrown. It's a shame they didn't show this off at lower levels though.  

14. Re: World of Warcraft Patch Feb 10, 2009, 17:31 Free Mumra

A few months in beta was enough to convince me not to buy WotLK. It was plainly obvious to me that Blizzard handed it to the bench warmers while the real talent toiled away on their next MMO. I hope that's the case, at least. I'd hate to think that the people responsible for WotLK are working on it.  

13. Re: World of Warcraft Patch Feb 10, 2009, 15:55 Frode

What amazes me is that not one person at Blizzard appears to be playing a hunter. There's a slew of annoying pet bugs that's been around for.. heck I wouldn't be surprised if we're talking a year or two. I can no longer remember ever having played without them present, that's how long.

Granted, these bugs are cosmetic annoyances mostly. But needing to have growl and cower take up space on the pet bar to avoid the bug that turns abilities not on the pet bar off and on at random is _really_ bloody annoying. And that's just one of the issues. I'm stumped as to why they don't just freakin fix them.

12. Re: World of Warcraft Patch Feb 10, 2009, 15:31 Ant

MattyC: I recalled Blizzard replaced WoW.exe shortcut with their annoying launcher. I hate it too.  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

11. Re: World of Warcraft Patch Feb 10, 2009, 15:26 MattyC

Im starting wow.exe directly now. Only way to fix it for now.

I am confused as to why people didn't always do this. If you install the game now does it set it up that way by default? I have never actually installed WoW, so I wouldn't know. I am still running the beta client more or less. It has yet to ever refuse to patch. I just copy the folder over when I build a new PC. No need to install it, so I have just always been using wow.exe since I never saw any benefit of the launcher and played the game for a long time before it existed.

As for the quality going down, I think the quality is still top notch. Leveling stuff was very well done. The problem is they now seem to just pander to whoever. Basically if someone cries on the forums, things get changed and it doesn't seem to be for the best. People said raiding was too hard and now we have even casuals like myself who finished all the wotlk raid content in less time than it took me to get raid ready at 60 and 70. The stuff is just so easy that you are bored and burn through it. This is particularly obvious to tanks. We really have to rotate more than before, so the OT doesn't die of boredom. It really feels like they just tried to add meaningless fluff for the OT since there are no more aggro dumps, or transitions, everything is aoetankable by 1 tank (even in 25), and in general threat is a nonfactor. When I am the OT I just put one of the officers on follow. No point in playing till we get to a boss.

I think they should have let 10 mans be a totally separate progression path from 25s, not an intro or loot filler. That would have left an easier and a harder. As it stands, oddly enough, the 10 man is actually the more difficult in the majority of fights. Though I use difficult there loosely.

Anyway, I think the quality of the content is fine, it just isn't tuned properly. I also can't say I am too crazy about this dual spec stuff they are talking about. I guess it will give me something to do when I am taking my turn as the AFKtank though. I'd prefer to actually tank stuff.

This comment was edited on Feb 10, 2009, 15:26.

10. Re: World of Warcraft Patch Feb 10, 2009, 14:09 Ant

Fion: That happens all the time. Blizzard is just one of them.  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

9. Re: World of Warcraft Patch Feb 10, 2009, 14:05 Fion

Is it just me or is it becoming obvious that all the good people at Blizzard has moved to development of another game leaving WoW to just get worse and worse?

Not that I play anymore. IMHO LotRO is a much much better game. I'm really starting to think the only real reason a lot of folks stick with WoW anymore is because it's all they know. Considering the massive majority of them have never played anything else. They simply don't know any better.

8. Re: World of Warcraft Patch Feb 10, 2009, 14:03 Umbragen

One would think after all these years that Blizzard would be able to streamline their weekly-maintenance/patching process, but no, five years on it's still the same old story. I guess when your busy taking money baths, professionalism really isn't a consideration.  

7. Re: World of Warcraft Patch Feb 10, 2009, 13:09 osage no onna

It doesn't happen for me; the previous instance is automatically deleted. I do get the firewall confirmation and all.  

6. Re: World of Warcraft Patch Feb 10, 2009, 12:10 Krovven

Im starting wow.exe directly now.

That would explain it. I only used the Launcher a couple times, otherwise I've always used the wow.exe shortcut I made in Steam.

5. Re: World of Warcraft Patch Feb 10, 2009, 12:05 Muscular Beaver

Is this still happening? Does it not happen for everyone?

Still happens. Already tested it with the new patch. I dont know anyone who doesnt have that problem, most simply dont notice it because they dont have a software firewall which always asks for new confirmation because its always a new file.

Im starting wow.exe directly now. Only way to fix it for now.

This comment was edited on Feb 10, 2009, 12:27.

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo

4. Re: World of Warcraft Patch Feb 10, 2009, 11:42 Krovven

They also didnt fix the problem of the launcher being copied into the temp folder every time you start the game (some people reported having 100,000 copies of it in their folder and were running out of disc space).

Is this still happening? Does it not happen for everyone? I had this problem a week or so ago...chewed up over 45gigs of hard drive space to fill up the C drive. Havent noticed it doing it again since I cleared the folder.

3. Re: World of Warcraft Patch Feb 10, 2009, 09:19 Ant

Interesting. I had an outdated v3.0.8 and downloaded Gamer's Hell's WoW-3.0.8.9464-to-3.0.8.9506-enUS-patch.exe Installer gave me "Sorry, the installer was unable to start up. You may be out of hard drive space." I have like 25 GB to 96 GB free!

I got a new copy from FileShack, and no problems. Then, I was able to patch to v3.0.9.

This comment was edited on Feb 10, 2009, 09:34.

2. Re: World of Warcraft Patch Feb 10, 2009, 09:08 Muscular Beaver

Druids
- Ferocious Bite: This ability now only uses up to 30 energy in addition to its base cost.

Hunters
- Kindred Spirits (Beast Mastery): This talent now grants 20% pet
damage at max rank.
- Serpent’s Swiftness (Beast Mastery): This talent now grants 20% pet
attack speed at max rank.
- Pets
Lava Breath now reduces the target's casting speed by 25%, down from
50%.
Poison Spit now reduces the target's casting speed by 25%, down from
50%.

Mages
- Arcane Power now increases damage and mana cost by 10%, cooldown
reduced to 1 minute.
- Arcane Power and Presence of Mind now share a category cooldown.
Arcane Power causes a 15 second cooldown. Presence of Mind, once
consumed, causes a 1.5 second cooldown.
- Arcane Flows now reduces the cooldown of Presence of Mind, Arcane
Power and Invisibility by 15/30%.
- Presence of Mind: The cooldown has been reduced to 2 minutes, (down
from 3.)
- Slow (Arcane): now increases cast time by 30%, down from 60%.

Paladins
- The duration on all Seals has been increased to 30 minutes and can
no longer be dispelled.
- Divine Plea: The amount healed by your spells is reduced by 50% (down
up from 20%), but the effect can no longer be dispelled.
- Sanctified Seals:This talent no longer affects dispel resistance,
but continues to affect crit chance.

Priests
- Inner Fire duration has been increased to 30 minutes and can no longer
be dispelled.

Rogues
- Hunger for Blood (Assassination): Now increases damage 5% per stack,
(up from 3%.)
- Mind Numbing Poison now reduces cast time by 30%, down from 60%.
- Mutilate damage will now do 20% increased damage against poisoned
targets, down from 50%.
- Slice and Dice: This ability now increases melee attack speed by 40%,
up from 30%.

Warlocks
- Curse of Tongues: Now increases the casting time of all spells by 25%
(Rank 1) and 30% (Rank 2), down from 50% and 60%.

Dungeons and Raids
- The Obsidian Sanctum
Changed the color of the fissure in the Obsidian Sanctum to be more visually distinct.

User Interface
- The “GM wishes to speak with you” alert/button, at the top of the
screen, has been changed so that addons do not obscure it.
- A clickable chat message has been added that duplicates the GM
alert/button.
- When a GM wishes to speak with you the Help Request minibar button
will glow.
- For additional notes on Lua and XML changes please visit the UI &
Macros Forum
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/board.html?sid=1&forumId=11114

Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue where players using nVidia 3D glasses were unable to
see spell cooldowns.
- Fixed a software mouse cursor bug that was causing the mouse curser
to disappear from view when over certain UI elements.
- Fixed a player movement error in which other players were appearing
to move erratically when traveling beside them.

Still no DK nerf... WTF...

They also didnt fix the problem of the launcher being copied into the temp folder every time you start the game (some people reported having 100,000 copies of it in their folder and were running out of disc space).
At least the erratic movement bug is fixed (hopefully).

This comment was edited on Feb 10, 2009, 09:09.

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo

1. Re: World of Warcraft Patch Feb 10, 2009, 08:57 Shok

As of 8:58 EST I don't see patch notes up for anything but patch 3.08  

20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo