Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Sunday Previews

• Battlefield 1943 on GamesRadar and IGN.
  • BattleForge on IGN.
  • Champions Online on IGN.
  • Damnation on IGN.
  • DC Universe Online on IGN.
  • Dragon Age: Origins on IGN.
  • Ghostbusters: The Video Game on IGN.
  • Overlord II on GamesRadar and IGN.
  • Prototype on GamesRadar and IGN.
  • Spore: Galactic Adventures on IGN.
  • Star Trek Online on IGN.
  • Star Wars: The Old Republic on the Official Website. "How the Content Team Makes it Happen."
  • Street Fighter IV on IGN.
  • Tom Clancy's EndWar on IGN.
  • Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning on IGN.
  • Wolfenstein on GamesRadar.
  • X-Men Origins: Wolverine on IGN.

View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. Re: Sunday Previews Feb 9, 2009, 08:43 Veinman

I would have gladly signed on if they were releasing BF1942 intact, but looking like the new game.

Hopefully they at least add modes where you can crank up the challenge. I get the feeling this game was designed by a marketing team.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Sunday Previews Feb 9, 2009, 08:33 CreamyBlood

Complete bummer. I still play BF42 several times a week.

I would have been happy with a graphical update, but I can live with the original.

It's rather sad that after seven years the best they can do is gimp the game. In life you should always progress, or at least move side-ways, never backward.

As someone mentioned, infinite ammo and regenerating health are considered cheats to most of us. Now they're 'features'.

Limit it to twenty four players and drop the maps to three. Three maps?

Pathetic.

17. Re: Sunday Previews Feb 9, 2009, 07:05 LittleMe

The only thing left to know is how moddable will be the game because the vanilla game seems like it's for 11 year olds.

This comment was edited on Feb 9, 2009, 07:06.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

16. Re: Sunday Previews Feb 9, 2009, 05:39 Cutter

They should make a new BF Vietnam instead. That was my fave of them all. Flying around in the Hueys strafing charlie, listening to psychedelic tunes....ahh, good times.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

15. Re: Sunday Previews Feb 9, 2009, 03:27 Prez

"each weapon has unlimited ammo. You'll still need to reload, but you won't have to resupply while in the middle of the game. Second, and more significant, players' health will now slowly regenerate during combat. This change will definitely decrease respawns and might actually encourage retreats from battle. It also means there's no more need for the medic class, so it's been cut."

Oh. MY. GOD!!!!!!

Thanks for raping and murdering my favorite multiplayer game. This will be a Battlefield game in name only. Another once great franchise is lost.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

14. Re: Sunday Previews Feb 8, 2009, 23:21 LittleMe

We had the chance to play through the latest build of Battlefield 1943 at Comic Con today and are now even more excited to see how the final game shapes up.

Dear IGN: You make it so blatantly obvious you are part of the commercial game industry hype machine. Truly your opinion matters none and your article reeks of insider bias. Thank you.

This comment was edited on Feb 8, 2009, 23:22.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

13. Re: Sunday Previews Feb 8, 2009, 22:42 Cutter

I'm still waiting for a game worthy of Chuck Norris.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

12. Re: Sunday Previews Feb 8, 2009, 21:44 Kosumo

So, I take it that IGN is having a preview day then. 15/17 are IGN  

11. Re: Sunday Previews Feb 8, 2009, 21:20 Narf2029

Just keep it on the 360, thanks. Seriously, if it were any more dumbed-down, would it play itself?  
Huh? I'm sorry, I was thinking about cake.

10. Re: Sunday Previews Feb 8, 2009, 20:48 Wilson

They made capture zones smaller specifically so people have to crowd around the flag, so that every capture point battle will be exactly the same: slaughter the six people sitting on the flag, rather than having to actually look for the other players.

I mean, people would complain even if they just remade BF1942, but this crap is ridiculous.

9. Re: Sunday Previews Feb 8, 2009, 16:47 Buttercup

So it has a new engine and prettier graphics, but is much, much simpler. Essentially it's BF1942 with a boob job and lobotomy, and EA is counting on people not wanting to trade the double-Ds for a smarter girl.

All this has made me want to do is play BF1942 again.

8. Re: Sunday Previews Feb 8, 2009, 15:20 Narf2029

How the mighty have fallen. Are they serious? Are people that weak today, that dying or running out of ammo will send them crying under their beds? It's kind of funny that things which used to be cheats are now core features of games.

This comment was edited on Feb 8, 2009, 15:23.

Huh? I'm sorry, I was thinking about cake.

7. Re: Sunday Previews Feb 8, 2009, 14:38 Yosemite Sam

"each weapon has unlimited ammo. You'll still need to reload, but you won't have to resupply while in the middle of the game. Second, and more significant, players' health will now slowly regenerate during combat. This change will definitely decrease respawns and might actually encourage retreats from battle. It also means there's no more need for the medic class, so it's been cut."

nuff said. *pass*

Yup game just flew off my radar, oh well lots of other games to play.

EDIT too bad though, the bomber thing sounded pretty sweet.

This comment was edited on Feb 8, 2009, 14:42.

PSN id PR345, PST - D3, GTA5, Borderlands 2, Grid 2, GTA4, BoS, RDR, GT5, COD WaW, KZ2, RAGE, Dirt2, MC LA, Skate2, LBP, Dead Nation - Wanna jam? Hit me up on PSN, Mention Blues News.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

6. Re: Sunday Previews Feb 8, 2009, 13:28 Tumbler

It also means there's no more need for the medic class, so it's been cut.

Seems like a lot has been cut, the character selection screen has 3 choices, rifleman, Infantry and Scout.

Rifleman:
Long Range / Anti-Infantry (?)

Infantry:
Short Range / Anti-Tank

Scout:
Sniper / Demolitions

The character selection screen really bugs me. I know it's dumb to get hung up on that but it looks like it was made for a elementary school student to play.

Seems like they are just compressing the classes into a few choices so all your snipers will also be demo guys.

All your Riflemen will be hvy weapons guys plus mine layers?

And infantry will be shotguns plus bazooka's?

If it's not broken why are you trying to fix it?! I guess with only 24 people you need to fit more roles into each player but...why the fuck are you trying to reinvent one of the best game franchises on the PC?! BF BC certainly didn't improve the the franchise, big explosions and terrain that gets blown up are cool but the basic gameplay wasn't the same as the earlier games. It sucked to be perfectly honest. I played the game for the graphics, not the actual gameplay. Once you get tired of the graphics the game loses it's appeal fast. Even when that free DLC with maps and conquest mode came out, it became brutally clear how different this game was than the BF franchise has been up to now.

This comment was edited on Feb 8, 2009, 13:29.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

5. Re: No subject Feb 8, 2009, 12:28 Dan =0)

If that's true, then I'm definitely sticking w/ BF1942, despite the graphical glitching that occurs at times.

C'mon people - that game (BF1942) was -NOT- that hard... (bots were kinda dumb, though...)

Dan =0)

Shameless self-plug(s): http://drdk.bandcamp.com
http://www.myspace.com/dankupkamusic
http://drdkmusic.net76.net

4. Re: No subject Feb 8, 2009, 12:20 Overon

Stop reading previews. They are bullshit. Do I need to explain why? Because they are non critical.  

3. Re: No subject Feb 8, 2009, 11:56 JaguarUSF

Welcome to the consolization of once-proud PC games.  

2. Re: Sunday Previews Feb 8, 2009, 11:45 Zuckuss

nuff said. *pass*

1. Re: Sunday Previews Feb 8, 2009, 10:53 Aero

That first person view flying the airplane in BF1943 actually looks pretty damn cool. The island looks a little too small for planes though. It's probably about the same as it was in BF1942, but that was a long time ago. I suppose that's for the 24 player limit. C'mon, at least give us 32. Meh, we'll see.  

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo