Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Far Cry 2 Hardcore Mode Plans

In Far Cry has some information from Ubisoft about a new "hardcore" setting to be added to all multiplayer modes in Far Cry 2 as of the next patch for the first-person shooter sequel. The mode will invoke a new increased damage model for all weapons, enemy names will disappear after the spawning invincibility period is over, and more. The update also mentions that weapons will be rebalanced under normal mode as well.

View
10. Re: Far Cry 2 Hardcore Mode Plans Feb 7, 2009, 10:12 theyarecomingforyou

The whole class / upgrade system is worthless in a more traditional multiplayer game like Far Cry 2. And the ammo crates explode far too easily. Without snipers the combat would have been much more engaging, as it was the close combat that was so fun. It's so annoying because the level editor is absolutely stunningly simple to use - I was creating very compelling maps within a day (much easier than with Source or the Unreal Engine).

Valve multiplayer games work so well because the server browser is so good and Steam allows them to push out minor updates and tweaks incredibly quickly. Not only that but they are actually supported continually rather than in occasion bursts (I figured FC2 was dead until I read this). I'm glad that EA is starting to improve its support with games like the C&C series and Ubisoft needs to do this. The free weekends that Valve does are a brilliant idea and one I wish other developers would use (it was nice to see Crytek follow suit).

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News
Previous Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Feb 6, 21:15 Re: Far Cry 2 Hardcore Mode Plans Caveman
  2. Feb 6, 22:02  Re: Far Cry 2 Hardcore Mode Plans Wildone
  6. Feb 7, 04:57  Re: Far Cry 2 Hardcore Mode Plans Cutter
  3. Feb 6, 22:56 Re: Far Cry 2 Hardcore Mode Plans Aero
  4. Feb 7, 00:37  Re: Far Cry 2 Hardcore Mode Plans Flatline
  5. Feb 7, 02:32 Re: Far Cry 2 Hardcore Mode Plans StingingVelvet
  7. Feb 7, 05:39 Re: Far Cry 2 Hardcore Mode Plans KilrathiAce
  8. Feb 7, 05:41 Re: Far Cry 2 Hardcore Mode Plans theyarecomingforyou