Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Crysis Warhead SDK Update

A new Crysis Monthly Update #9 is online, offering the notes from the recently released Crysis Warhead patch, some contest results, and other community-related stuff. They also have a update on testing of the SDK and editor, which is that they are indeed in testing; apparently The Right Stuff-style centrifuge and enema testing: "As you have all been waiting so patiently for an update on the Editor and SDK, we're once again giving you some updated information. The new version of the editor is currently in testing, which means that we're nearly ready to release it. There will definitely need to be lots of tests done, so you'll still have to wait a little while longer, but we are getting closer to the long awaited release of the tools."

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Crysis Warhead SDK Update Feb 3, 2009, 13:40 4D-Boxing

I do not disagree with your observations but if I think of BF series & the impact the reser combat mod had on sales or the impact of the CS mod had on HL sales ...

If Crytek thought that it might drum up sales ..lol...they need more help than I ever thought they did.

That company had 2 chances to steal a large number of gamers form the BF2 series but what they released jsut made people crave BF3 even more!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Crysis Warhead SDK Update Feb 3, 2009, 13:20 DangerDog

Ready for developers does not necessarily mean ready for the end users. The level of polish needs to be a fair bit higher, especially because they can't guarantee system configuration.

They didn't recreate the wheel for Warhead, it's essentially the same editor used for Crysis with a few tweaks.

The only other excuse for the delay is somehow they thought it might drum up more sales for Crysis since that's been the only way to get the working version of Sandbox2 (legally anyway).

I'm not bashing Crytek, it's quite apparent that they are fond of people modding the game, few companies create an entire web portal dedicated to the games modding community (www.crymod.com), it's just odd that they've held off on releasing the editing tools this long.

3. Re: Crysis Warhead SDK Update Feb 3, 2009, 09:41 InBlack

sponge, in most cases that would be true but this is Crytek we are talking about. A company that treats all PC gamers like pirates who want to steal and ransom their beautiful "baby".  

I have a nifty blue line!

2. Re: Crysis Warhead SDK Update Feb 3, 2009, 01:37 sponge

They made the game with it, surely they could have released it along with Warhead.

Ready for developers does not necessarily mean ready for the end users. The level of polish needs to be a fair bit higher, especially because they can't guarantee system configuration.

1. Re: Crysis Warhead SDK Update Feb 3, 2009, 01:17 DangerDog

Is Crytek afraid that someone will mod their game into something more exciting than what they're working on? I can see the SDK needing extra work but the editor? They made the game with it, surely they could have released it along with Warhead.  

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo