Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Mirror's Edge DLC Delayed

Big Download reports that the "Time Trial" DLC for Mirror's Edge will not be released for this week as planned, but rather has been delayed until sometime next month. The statement they received from EA suggests this is about smoothness: "To offer a completely smooth experience for players, DICE announced today that the DLC map pack for Mirror's Edge on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC will be delayed until February." This does not impact plans to release a free three map pack exclusively for the PlayStation 3 tomorrow.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Mirror's Edge DLC Delayed Jan 29, 2009, 03:14 sponge

EA should fix the farking BLACK SCREEN bug. I haven't been able to play the copy I paid for. So screw the DLC... Fix the sh1t first you money sucking vampires!

I have a feeling engine programmers had very little to do with the artists making the maps.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Mirror's Edge DLC Delayed Jan 29, 2009, 00:47 BurNinG

EA should fix the farking BLACK SCREEN bug. I haven't been able to play the copy I paid for. So screw the DLC... Fix the sh1t first you money sucking vampires!  

6. Re: Mirror's Edge DLC Delayed Jan 29, 2009, 00:06 Madguy

What's wrong with DLC? This is basically a mini-expansion pack, with a price that matches the amount of content. Seems reasonable to me if you're a fan of Mirror's Edge.

This comment was edited on Jan 29, 2009, 00:07.

5. Re: I remember when DLC was called a patch. Jan 28, 2009, 22:40 Jerykk

Given that the time trials are the best part of Mirror's Edge, I'm looking forward to these maps. They've completely eschewed any pretense of story or ambience and have focused on what ME does best: platforming. However, $10? Given that the full game is worth about $30 to me, $10 seems like a bit much. We'll see if the maps are worth it.  

4. I remember when DLC was called a patch. Jan 28, 2009, 22:19 Free Mumra

I also remember when id completely rewrote the netcode for Quake, wrapped it in a nice client and let everyone download it for free. Now Quakeworld would be considered "downloadable content" and Microsoft would make them charge people for it by contract. This is the future under Windows Live if Microsoft manages to pull it off.  

3. Re: Mirror's Edge DLC Delayed Jan 28, 2009, 21:50 theyarecomingforyou

I'm all for DLC, it's just I haven't come across any that were worth paying for. However, I'm looking forward to the DLC due for the PC version of GRID.  

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

2. Re: Mirror's Edge DLC Delayed Jan 28, 2009, 21:26 StingingVelvet

Friends don't let friends pay for DLC. Say no to DLC

I'll decide on my own what is worth paying for and what isn't, thanks.

1. Re: Mirror's Edge DLC Delayed Jan 28, 2009, 21:00 Caveman

Friends don't let friends pay for DLC. Say no to DLC.  

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo