Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

TF2 Scout Pack Nears

An update to the official Team Fortress 2 Blog by Valve's Robin "Texas Ranger" Walker announces that their design and coding teams have already turned their attention to the next update pack for Team Fortress 2, as the Scout pack is basically complete except for some final art, which he says they like to do: "as late as possible to ensure that we don't waste any work." He describes how this worked in their favor as they tried several alternatives to the Scattergun, which he also says presented tricky balance issues. He offers some answers to some fan-submitted questions, and outlines their projected update schedule: "We've got an update that should be out tomorrow with a bunch of bug & exploit fixes. Later this week we hope to have another update out that changes the way we store your unlockable items. You shouldn't notice much difference, other than if you play on multiple computers we'll now propagate your item choices. You can think of that update as the one that moves your inventory into the Steam Cloud. Once that's out of the way, we'll be able to ship the Scout pack." The post is dated yesterday, so that bug fix patch he mentions for tomorrow should be expected today.

View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: TF2 Scout Pack Nears Jan 28, 2009, 20:47 Free Mumra

TF2 has been patched more than L4D in the last couple months. The engineer mini-update came in under the radar, but it added a lot to the class. The TF2 team is making the L4D team look like a bunch of amateurs.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: TF2 Scout Pack Nears Jan 28, 2009, 15:55 PHJF

Wasn't trolling, it was just utterly devoid of any content and ideas. It reminded me of the business speak in Atlas Shrugged, where characters would say a lot without ever saying anything.
"It seems to me..."

My one suggestion would be a chargeable "matrix time" where a scout could dodge sentry projectiles for a few seconds, Neo style. Maybe it could be charged up by bonks the way the medic's Uber can be charged up by the Ubersaw.

See, now you're putting content into it. I like the idea of a bat that charges up with successive hits. Scout bat is much more of a go to weapon than other classes' melee.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

15. Re: TF2 Scout Pack Nears Jan 28, 2009, 14:23 Dr. D. Schreber

And here I thought the most ridiculous butthurt I'd ever see was awhile back when Don LaFontaine died and there were comments along the lines of "Finally! Movie trailers were getting so repetitive with the same voiceover!"

Thank you, intertubes, for proving me wrong.

NOT THE BEES! NOT THE BEES THEY'RE IN MY EYES AARRGRHGHGGAFHGHFGHFG!

14. Re: TF2 Scout Pack Nears Jan 28, 2009, 14:15 Prez

That's by far the most worthless statement I've ever read here.

Good for you. I wasn't looking for a grade.

Hopefully, the developers are more inventive than I am, because I for the life of me can't figure out how to make scouts more useful on the maps for which they are currently useless.

My one suggestion would be a chargeable "matrix time" where a scout could dodge sentry projectiles for a few seconds, Neo style. Maybe it could be charged up by bonks the way the medic's Uber can be charged up by the Ubersaw.

Hopefully, this post is certified as having worth by the almighty PHJF, Grand Poobah of Important Posts!

This comment was edited on Jan 28, 2009, 14:42.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

13. Re: TF2 Scout Pack Nears Jan 28, 2009, 14:00 Caveman

Then your mom must be the Shamwow guy because everyone knows he's the real Scout

You're gonna love my nuts.

12. Re: TF2 Scout Pack Nears Jan 28, 2009, 13:36 PHJF

I'm just interested to see what they can do to make scouts more useful in certain situations.

That's by far the most worthless statement I've ever read here.

TF2 is my most played PC game ever.

How many hours do you have? I'm not remotely close to trumping Counter-Strike or Diablo 2.

This comment was edited on Jan 28, 2009, 13:37.

11. Re: TF2 Scout Pack Nears Jan 28, 2009, 13:35 RP

Then your mom must be the Shamwow guy because everyone knows he's the real Scout

(insert nerd-rage comment about how TF2/L4D is better than TF2/L4D)

TF2 is my most played PC game ever. It's a masterpiece as far as I'm concerned.

10. Re: TF2 Scout Pack Nears Jan 28, 2009, 13:31 Caveman

boink!  

9. Re: TF2 Scout Pack Nears Jan 28, 2009, 13:12 SpectralMeat

My mom is a scout.

Steam: SpectralMeat

8. Re: TF2 Scout Pack Nears Jan 28, 2009, 13:12 Prez

I'm just interested to see what they can do to make scouts more useful in certain situations.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

7. Re: TF2 Scout Pack Nears Jan 28, 2009, 13:07 Overon

My mom is a scout.  

6. Re: TF2 Scout Pack Nears Jan 28, 2009, 13:04 PHJF

Scout is one of my best classes so you better damn well believe I care about the scout update.  

5. Re: TF2 Scout Pack Nears Jan 28, 2009, 12:46 theyarecomingforyou

I care about the scout update. I want to see L4D updated as well but TF2 is the better multiplayer game and I'm definitely looking forward to the changes they're talking about.  

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

4. Re: TF2 Scout Pack Nears Jan 28, 2009, 12:45 Techie714 ©

Everyone is crabby today why?

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

3. Re: TF2 Scout Pack Nears Jan 28, 2009, 12:35 KilrathiAce

tf2 > l4d  

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka

2. Re: TF2 Scout Pack Nears Jan 28, 2009, 12:02 Yifes

Whoa. Chill the fuck out dude...
The team that makes team fortress 2 probably has nothing to do with L4D.

1. Re: TF2 Scout Pack Nears Jan 28, 2009, 11:48 |oR|jonvall

Who gives a crap about the Scout update?

Where the hell is the L4D SDK? Or how bout adding the other 2 maps for God's sake! I mean how freakin long does it take to make a playable map out of the remaining 2 maps? The freaking community already has those maps playable for the most part...and these are just lone people working on the maps...they don't have state of the art equipment and a highly talented team!

Get the F#*K on it Valve!

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo