Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Crysis Warhead Patch Plans

A new Crysis Monthly Update offers the full patch notes from the next patch for Crysis Warhead, saying the update for Crytek's first-person shooter will be released "soon," though no exact date is set. Most significant will be the inclusion of 64-bit executables for Windows XP and Windows Vista.

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: Crysis Warhead Patch Plans Jan 29, 2009, 01:14 MuzixMon

I'm assuming Warhead sold pretty decent, much better than Crysis did because they marketed this one better. Great price, improved performance, expanded multiplayer... Warhead did it right. I wish I knew what the exact numbers were over digital and retail sales but I'd bet they broke 2M copies worldwide. I wonder if it did well enough the continue the franchise, I really hope so. They already have a excellent game engine all they have to do is change up the environments, keep everything free roaming, new vehicles and guns and they have Crysis 2. They don't have to develope a new tech for awhile and now many more people's hardware have caught up to Crytek's engine.
If they build on Crysis & Warheads strong points and tweak AI and such Crysis 2 would be a hit for sure. They would be very foolish if they abandon the franchise now. If they use Steam for it's DRM and that's it people would embrace it for sure.

"When all thats left is console gaming, I will game no more."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Crysis Warhead Patch Plans Jan 28, 2009, 14:26 Prez

The price was about right. I liked it, even though after Crysis it felt a bit restrictive. Never tried the multiplayer.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

14. Re: Crysis Warhead Patch Plans Jan 28, 2009, 13:55 Ant

Wow, Warhead is linear? Screw that. Love open area!!  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

13. Re: Crysis Warhead Patch Plans Jan 28, 2009, 13:50 SpectralMeat

I did like Warhead also. I agree with Creston here the open level design of Crysis was awesome.  

Steam: SpectralMeat

12. Re: Crysis Warhead Patch Plans Jan 28, 2009, 13:40 Creston

Warhead is a lot of fun, even though it's pretty short. The final level of the game is excellent. All-out warfare.

It's sad though that Crytek STILL can't figure out what it is that people like about their games : the open levels.

Warhead is a strict "tight on a rails" shooter. Sadly.

Creston

11. Re: Crysis Warhead Patch Plans Jan 28, 2009, 13:08 elefunk

, but the aliens they created for Crysis are worse than the Trigen.
Hardly. The aliens in Crysis weren't anything to write home about, but they were a far better non-human alternative than terribly unbalanced mutants that can kill you instantly in one swipe from 15 feet away and that take 300 shots to take down.

Luckily, in Warhead, they actually made the aliens have some great AI too. Nothing quite like running down a wide-open ice-covered pathway with 5-6 allies at your side taking aliens down, as the aliens are hopping from cover to cover, flanking you from around buildings, and navigating around destroyed buildings.

10. Re: Crysis Warhead Patch Plans Jan 28, 2009, 12:31 DangerDog

Plenty of people chastised Crytek over the Trigen from Farcry saying it was a good game up to that point, but the aliens they created for Crysis are worse than the Trigen.

There’s nothing scary about a flying squid / matrix looking sentinel.

9. Re: Crysis Warhead Patch Plans Jan 28, 2009, 12:15 meezookeewee

Meh. I stopped playing Crysis: Warhead a while ago. It was fun for a while, but I prefer the original game. So, I took Warhead off my computer.  

8. Re: Crysis Warhead Patch Plans Jan 28, 2009, 11:53 DanL

I formatted and installed win7 for s&gs. But I ran out of activations before they put out the revoke tool. Now I have to call ea support, but I can never get through. Limited activation sucks...  

7. Re: Crysis Warhead Patch Plans Jan 28, 2009, 11:46 theyarecomingforyou

Is it good as the original game? I didn't care about the aliens (not done with the game yet). I like the Koreans part.
The plot and pacing are a lot better, as are the action scenes. However, it's definitely a bit on the short side. The multiplayer is a waste of space. Performance is still lacking and the texture stream in is worse than Unreal Engine 3.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

6. Re: Crysis Warhead Patch Plans Jan 28, 2009, 11:07 InterFaced

I enjoy warhead's powerstruggle multiplayer. Its one of my favorite battlefield-type games. Managing your suit makes the fighting interesting, the vehicles are cool and the prestiege buying system ensures there's no vehicle camping.

Now the only annoying thing, and its really annoying... is when your tank gets hung up on a road sign.

5. Re: Crysis Warhead Patch Plans Jan 28, 2009, 10:25 Joss

Hey! It's got huge frozen tidal waves to surf on, what more could you ask for?  

4. Re: Crysis Warhead Patch Plans Jan 28, 2009, 10:22 Ant

Is it good as the original game? I didn't care about the aliens (not done with the game yet). I like the Koreans part.  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

3. Re: Crysis Warhead Patch Plans Jan 28, 2009, 10:15 zirik

i liked the game. the price matched the value it offered in terms of quality and game play. but i wonder what the 64-bit version will offer if the baseline is a 32-bit executable. and those that do care about this game have probably finished it already in SP.  

2. Re: Crysis Warhead Patch Plans Jan 28, 2009, 09:55 Bone43

Got to wonder if anyone still playing this?
I wasn't that impressed I never finished the SP part of the game and was less than thrilled with MP.

1. Re: Crysis Warhead Patch Plans Jan 28, 2009, 09:41 killer_roach

64-bit executable? About time, if you ask me. Oh well, better late than never.  

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo