Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

New Battlefield 2 Assault Mod

A new version 0.75 of the Battlefield 2 Assault Mod is now available, declaring the project "done," offering single-player, co-op, and multiplayer "RageWar" support. The assault mod heavily emphasis solo play, offering bots with enhanced AI, custom skins, and changes to ballistics (including bullet penetration), and the new version adds new maps, among other things. Thanks Ant and Planet Battlefield.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: New Battlefield 2 Assault Mod Jan 29, 2009, 04:12 LittleMe

A year ago? Try the mods now. They've improved. PR was rough and still is but its much better now. FH2 is more polished than PR. Also try POE2.  

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: New Battlefield 2 Assault Mod Jan 28, 2009, 22:36 PHJF

Bought BF2 like a year ago for $10 for the sake of trying mods. Didn't care for any of them (Forgotten Hope 2 and Project Reality, namely).

Game just feels too dated, and none of the mods seemed to match the awesomeness of Desert Combat. It's all far too clunky.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

11. Re: New Battlefield 2 Assault Mod Jan 28, 2009, 14:50 Prez

The nice thing about the BF series is how you can still help the team by doing things other than killing opposing players. I will lose 9 out of 10 firefights I get into (yeah, I am a perpetual noob), but I still finish most rounds in the top third because of the other means of scoring points.  

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

10. Re: New Battlefield 2 Assault Mod Jan 28, 2009, 13:08 SpectralMeat

That is the problem with some of these older games that all the people that are still playing it are hardcore fans that probably did not play anything else since that game has been released. So when someone that is a more casual gamer or plays a variety of games not concentrating on one game only tries to have a few games in gets his ass handed to him.

The reason why I do not play many of the good old classics like the older Unreal Tournament games online.

Steam: SpectralMeat

9. Re: New Battlefield 2 Assault Mod Jan 28, 2009, 12:12 StreetPreacher

I'm with CrimsonPaw. I recently started playing BF2 again, but as a casual gamer I'm really not enjoying playing online b/c of the difference in skills and weapons (people who play a lot get much better unlockable weapons than my defaults). So I play SP, but it sucks that you only get a handful of maps, and the smallest variants of them at that. I also enjoy playing coop w/ friends, but the same map limits apply. It's frustrating.

This mod looks good, but they talk up how hard the AI is. Prolly not for me. Allied Intent looks like a great alternative. Might have ta try it.

But in general, this game is still a hoot, and runs well on older hardware. I can easily see why it's still the #3 MP game.

This comment was edited on Jan 28, 2009, 12:13.

8. Re: New Battlefield 2 Assault Mod Jan 28, 2009, 10:54 CrimsonPaw

If the project is "done" as in this is the last update ... shouldn't it be version 1.0?

Anyway, I've recent gone back to the BF scene with 2142 and DAMN do I get my ass handed to me. I thought about reinstalling BF2 and the SF expansion but I have a feeling it'll be the same as 2142, asshanding. This mod does look interesting though seeing as it adds a SP component to the game.

~~Crim~~

7. Re: New Battlefield 2 Assault Mod Jan 28, 2009, 10:33 SpectralMeat

That is pretty impressive.

This comment was edited on Jan 28, 2009, 10:34.

6. Re: New Battlefield 2 Assault Mod Jan 28, 2009, 10:30 LittleMe

Is it still popular online though?

Yes it is one of the most popular multiplayer shooters, still.

http://archive.gamespy.com/stats/

BF2 shows as ranked 3rd right now with 12889 players online right now. That will change hourly or so.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

5. Re: New Battlefield 2 Assault Mod Jan 28, 2009, 10:00 SpectralMeat

Is it still popular online though?

Funny thing you mentioned Crysis Wars I have that game and never tried it. Maybe I should give it a try. For some reason though I am getting some artifacts or something in Crysis with my video card. Never had that problem with Nvidia cards but since I switched to ATI 48XX series there seem to be some problems. I run Vista64, maybe I should try it in XP see if it is Vista and the drivers issue or if it is the game itself.

4. Re: New Battlefield 2 Assault Mod Jan 28, 2009, 09:54 LittleMe

Does anyone still plays this game?

Yes! There's no replacement yet. Cod4? hah no! Crysis Wars? Close but no. ArmA? Not really, no. BF2142? Different theme, but great game too.

Tons of mods, performs great, 64 players, squads, great maps, completely focused on multiplayer, unlockables, etc etc ... BF2 hasn't been topped, for what it does.

3. Re: New Battlefield 2 Assault Mod Jan 28, 2009, 08:42 SpectralMeat

Nice I can't believe this game is still going. Maybe I should install it again.  

2. Re: New Battlefield 2 Assault Mod Jan 28, 2009, 08:35 Jackplug

yeah i do, but aix2 mod, cant be playing with all the damn noobs on vanilla..  

1. Re: New Battlefield 2 Assault Mod Jan 28, 2009, 08:29 SpectralMeat

Does anyone still plays this game?  

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo