Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Third-Person Mirror's Edge

Gamezine.co.uk outlines how you can activate a third-person view in the Windows edition of Mirror's Edge, in case that seems like a more appealing way to experience the acrobatic action in DICE's parkour game. Implementation is as simple as adding a config file line reading "Bindings=(Name="F4",Command="FreeFlightCamera",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)." A video on the YouTube shows the ass-cam in action, describing its limitations. Thanks Mike Martinez.

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Third-Person Mirror's Edge Jan 27, 2009, 23:18 Jerykk

The game loses a lot of impact in third-person. The platformers that benefit from third-person are the slower-paced, more puzzle oriented ones.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Third-Person Mirror's Edge Jan 27, 2009, 22:02 The Half Elf

Kinda like Fallout 3  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

3. Re: Third-Person Mirror's Edge Jan 27, 2009, 21:35 siapnar

yeah it interesting how, in order to make it look good from first person, it looks like shit from 3rd  

I have projectile dysfunction.

2. Re: Third-Person Mirror's Edge Jan 27, 2009, 17:22 Optimaximal

The running animation is a bit broken, but then it also dictates the head bob and full-body dynamics so it's clearly optimised for that. An interesting diversion.  

1. Re: Third-Person Mirror's Edge Jan 27, 2009, 17:06 kimbambaman

Wow that's wonky. That view really doesn't help the game at all, which I wouldn't expect it to.  
"Everybody out of the universe!" - Nibbler, Futurama

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo