Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. Movie

A new trailer from Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. shows the "Enhanced Reality System" in the upcoming aerial combat game, presuming it's safe to fly while experiencing enhanced reality. The clip is posted on ActionTrip, AtomicGamer, and Gamer's Hell.

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. Movie Jan 25, 2009, 08:51  dsmart 

oh please..'enhanced reality' = we will tell you what to shoot. -10 maybe I wont buy this after all when they try and pass off hi tech features for dumbed down gameplay

Exactly. And thats the trouble with games these days. This is just a dumbed down Mario Cart as someone already pointed out. Pathetic.

They put millions into crap like this, then wonder why they're all losing money hand over fist.

In contrast, tomorrow you will see what a PC (first and foremost) and console flight combat game should look, play and feel like. It may not appeal to everyone, but at the very least we won't treat our target audience like they were retarded.

In the meantime, read this:

http://www.3000ad.com/aaw/2009/01/developer-blog-4/

Also, there is another console flight combat game due out this year as well based on the venerable IL2 series. That one is going to wipe the floor with this H.A.W.X. rubbish.

Game developers are just human beings who happen to make games for a living. If you want to hold us up to higher standards of conduct, then go ahead
...but don't be surprised if we don't uphold them
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. Movie Jan 24, 2009, 15:03 Lord Tea

I'm up for a good simplified flight sim

then this game is not the one for you: It's Super Mario 3D with Super Mario replaced by some Fighter plane....

UPSA = United Police States of America

3. Re: Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. Movie Jan 24, 2009, 06:27 Muscular Beaver

Anyone seen the "Extreme Maneuvers" Video? This game is fucking pathetic.
Seriously, I cant believe how anyone would want to play such an extremely dumbed down game. Why it got the Tom Clancy tag is beyond me.
I would have loved a semi-realistic action flight sim like Strike Commander, but this is even worse than Afterburner...

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo

2. Re: Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. Movie Jan 24, 2009, 02:01 Prez

I'm up for a good simplified flight sim. If I want complex, there's always IL2 and Falcon.  

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

1. Re: Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. Movie Jan 24, 2009, 00:11 Wildone

oh please..'enhanced reality' = we will tell you what to shoot. -10 maybe I wont buy this after all when they try and pass off hi tech features for dumbed down gameplay  

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo