Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

The cold weather that some of the country has already been suffering with is supposed to hit today, and it's predicted to reach 200 below. Okay, I exaggerate, but they do say it's supposed to be the coldest weather in these parts we've had in five years. Normally I shy away from the cold, but I may have to take the doggies for a walk just because that five years bit almost seems like a challenge.

Challenging Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez.
Play: Desert Rifle.
AirDrop. Thanks Jay is Games.
Super Energy Apocalypse Recycled.
Link: 10th Annual Golden Tomatoes.
Stories: Debate Grows Over New Jersey River Dolphins. Thanks brother19.
Maggots fall from Royal Hobart Hospital ceiling. Thanks John.
Cops Take Away 3-Year-Old Adolf Hitler.
Science: Why so many minds think alike. Thanks brother19.
Martian Methane Reveals the Red Planet is not a Dead Planet. Space cows! Thanks Jim.
Media: Worst Game voice acting.
Will Smith solves Rubik's Cube in under a minute.
Star Wars according to someone who has never seen Star Wars.

View
27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

27. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 16, 2009, 18:42 nin

Hey Enahs? Obi-Wan hates you too.

http://kotaku.com/5133013/the-death-of-evil-obi-flies-in-the-face-of-flush-video-game-industry

The images, leaked by a former developer at Free Radical, show a yellow-eyed, hunched form in the tattered remnants of the robe made famous by Alec Guinness. His hands are gnarled and claw-like, his light saber not a heroic blue, but a malignant red.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 16, 2009, 16:10 PHJF

oh my word

http://www.videosift.com/video/Animaniacs-Sneak-One-By-The-Censors

Steam + PSN: PHJF

25. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 16, 2009, 16:08 PHJF

If you know anything about Star Wars, it WAS terrible.

She made no distinction between the Death Star in New Hope and the one in Return... *cringe*

Steam + PSN: PHJF

24. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 16, 2009, 15:01 Mr. Tact

LOL -- that "Star Wars according to someone who has never seen Star Wars" is actually pretty amusing. I was accepting it to be terrible.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

23. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 16, 2009, 14:13 nin

nin, that is all speculation and fan created images.

Is it? It doesn't say that. And I sure as hell wouldn't put it past Lucas...

edit: And what about the video from yesterday?

This comment was edited on Jan 16, 2009, 14:13.

22. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 16, 2009, 14:07 dubfanatic

I love it when Blue talks about the weather. All the armchair climatologists on this site come out to express how ignorant they are.

21. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 16, 2009, 14:03 DG

If it's going to get REALLY cold, consider opening the loft/attic hatch if you have water pipes/tanks up there. (presumably similar applies if the pipes are in the basement?)

Often insulation is installed on the loft floor, so the pipes are only warmed by the relatively small amount of heat that escapes through the insulation into the loft. That heat may disperse quickly if only the floor of the loft is insulated, so the pipes may be exposed to temperatures anywhere between the inside and outside temps. Annoyingly perhaps, the more effective the insulation on the loft floor, the colder the pipes should be!

Obviously the hole is going to drastically increase heat loss, so you'll have to consider your own circumstances and weigh up the odds.

This comment was edited on Jan 16, 2009, 14:05.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 16, 2009, 13:22 Enahs

nin, that is all speculation and fan created images.  

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 16, 2009, 13:05 Warhawk

It's been great out here in Cali, it's in the 70's during the day. We must be stealing the heat from the rest of you.

Yeah. It's almost 50 here now, with a high of around 65 in Sacramento today. Feels like spring.

Of course, we are way behind on our rainfall for the year, but that is another story....

Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone. - GLaDOS

Did IQs just drop sharply while I was away? - Ripley

18. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 16, 2009, 12:57 Cabezone

It's been great out here in Cali, it's in the 70's during the day. We must be stealing the heat from the rest of you.  
"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 16, 2009, 11:38 Creston

Shit that fucking sucks. My TV needs repair, I have a fucking TV repair deal with Circuit City.

No wonder it's been taking forever for them to get that "part" in. They're just refusing to pay for my repair.
Sounds like I'm going to call the Better Business Bureau.

Creston

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 16, 2009, 11:08 nin

Well, it's official: We need to place a hit on George Lucas, before he ruins anything else:
http://kotaku.com/5132905/heres-star-wars-battlefront-iiis-sith-kenobi

Even worse, the posters at K apparently think it's a good idea...

14. Re: Dolphins Jan 16, 2009, 10:45 Warhawk

From the article:

"Unless NOAA takes immediate action, these dolphins, who may be more intelligent than human beings and certainly are every bit as emotional and family-oriented as we are, will slowly die as winter progresses," said Daphna Nachminovitch, vice president of People For The Ethical Treatment of Animals, in a statement released before the meeting. "Taxpayers expect federal agencies like NOAA not to stand by while these vulnerable dolphins suffer agonizing deaths."

Ok, they may be smarter than some human beings I can think of (those who buy Britney Spears CDs, for example), but if they were so smart, why didn't they follow their friends south into warmer climes in the winter?

And this taxpayer doesn't expect the government to go jumping around "rescuing" animals that are free to go wherever they want....

Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone. - GLaDOS

Did IQs just drop sharply while I was away? - Ripley

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 16, 2009, 10:01 MrBone

Global Warming is killing us man!! Where is Lord Gore when you need that fat bastard? Oh right, flying his carbon belching jet around picking up accolades for doing nothing.  

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 16, 2009, 09:35  Blue 

Uh, you live in NY, right?

I said shy away from the cold, not move away from it.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 16, 2009, 09:21 Acleacius

Martian Methane:
Coincidence or conveniently timed? The IG report was just released this week naming NASA second to worst government agency for governmental funding accountability.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

10. Re: Maggots fall from Hospital ceiling Jan 16, 2009, 08:50 Bill Borre

Just like Suspiria.  

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 16, 2009, 08:43 strich

Normally I shy away from the cold

Uh, you live in NY, right?

I don't believe in a lot of things, but I do believe in duct tape.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 16, 2009, 05:10 Hoop

Mans two Arms removed by his dogs as he approched them with walk leads on the coldest day in 5 years.... Now types with just his tongue...when interviewed said it was "juwst went tob be a bwit of armless fung".

Um .. Behind you...

27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo