Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Dawn of War II Movie

A new trailer from Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II is now available, combining cinematics and gameplay footage to show off some multiplayer space marine action, narrated by someone who sounds more like Captain Picard than Gunnery Sergeant Hartman. The clip is posted on ActionTrip, FileFront, and Gamer's Hell.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Dawn of War II Movie Jan 16, 2009, 00:11 Dr. D. Schreber

On helmets, they're really not magical bullet-stoppers. I know it's the forty-first millenium and all, but I doubt that much has changed from today, considering everyone else's weapons will have advanced much more than today's to go along with whatever advancements in helmet-making the Imperium may have made (considering the Imperium's problems with technology...ugh, let's not even get that silly with the fluff.)

Helmets are on your head to stop shrapnel, not so much gunfire. A modern-day helmet stands a decent chance of stopping pistol shots, but rifles (like the rifle the Eldar ranger has in the DoW2 intro, for example,) will go right through. Commander units have no helmets because looking badass and thus boosting morale is a fair trade-off for removing what really isn't that much of a safety.

(And because they look better, which is what players usually care about. )

http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/bot29.htm Some pictures on the subject.

This comment was edited on Jan 16, 2009, 00:16.

NOT THE BEES! NOT THE BEES THEY'RE IN MY EYES AARRGRHGHGGAFHGHFGHFG!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Dawn of War II Movie Jan 15, 2009, 23:16 Kxmode

Dawn of Wargasm! Yay! Popcorn Smitten  

8. Re: Dawn of War II Movie Jan 15, 2009, 19:09 Fausticle

Put your helmet back on.
Yes your highlights and gel make you look awesome. Yes you want to show your hair. But put your helmet back on. You will live longer.

I never liked how the special characters take their helmet off, you would think that they would put their helmet on and live longer. Kind of like in motorcycle accidents.

Ok ...you can STFU now...

Obviously you have been living in a cave. If you have ever seen any WH40k Table Top figures almost EVERY commander has no helm on. They are just being true to the TT. I agree no helm for Rainbow 6 is dumb.No helm for Space marine commander is standard.

7. Re: Dawn of War II Movie Jan 15, 2009, 15:59 Warskull

It isn't done so much for storytelling purposes, but so you can differentiate the squad leaders from the rest of the marines easily. Yes, technically it makes them easier to shoot in the head, but it is ultimately fantasy and characters with a face when everyone else wears a mask are more personal.  

6. Re: Dawn of War II Movie Jan 15, 2009, 15:37 Tumbler

Soulstorm purchased. Check.
Steam loaded and ready. Check.
Going online to play DoW Soulstorm and getting ass kicked. Check.
Jan 22nd requested off from work. Check.
(Chances are Jan 21st will have some "beta launch" issues so I'm guessing the 22nd will be the best day to take off)

Can't wait. CAN'T FUCKING WAIT.

This comment was edited on Jan 15, 2009, 15:40.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

5. Re: Dawn of War II Movie Jan 15, 2009, 15:33 Creston

I never liked how the special characters take their helmet off, you would think that they would put their helmet on and live longer. Kind of like in motorcycle accidents.

Ben Roethlisberger says "Wha?"

Obviously it's done for storytelling purposes, but I do think that if you're in one of those stinking armors all day, there comes a point where you just want to take off your helmet and breathe some unfiltered air.

Even if that air is ripe with the smell of burned flesh and heretics!

Creston

4. Re: Dawn of War II Movie Jan 15, 2009, 15:20 bolneze

Hey when youre crushing the enemies of the Imperium, its important to do it while looking good.  

3. Re: Dawn of War II Movie Jan 15, 2009, 13:51 Overon

Put your helmet back on.
Yes your highlights and gel make you look awesome. Yes you want to show your hair. But put your helmet back on. You will live longer.

2. Re: Dawn of War II Movie Jan 15, 2009, 13:18 Burrito of Peace

This was sexy as Hell.

This just went from "maybe" to "Definite pre-order"

1. Re: Dawn of War II Movie Jan 15, 2009, 12:44 Fuzzmatang

In the grim darkness of the future, Force Commanders use hair gel and highlights.  

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo