Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - PC Mirror's Edge

DICE announces that Mirror's Edge is now available in North America, and that the Windows edition of the parkour-themed action/adventure game will be available worldwide on Friday. They also note that the playable demo is available on Xbox LIVE and the PlayStation Network, but to keep PC players from feeling too neglected, also mention that purchasers of the PC version will receive a remixed version of the Mirror's Edge soundtrack featuring the second best Still Alive song ever featured in a video game. The announcement also confirms the first DLC for the game is due for all platforms in just a couple of weeks: "DICE also confirmed today that downloadable content (DLC) for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, the Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system and the PC will be available January 29th. This special DLC pack will challenge players to achieve the fastest times possible on nine races across seven all-new and totally redesigned Time Trial maps. The DLC pack will be available for $10 USD or 800 Microsoft points."

View
12. Re: Ships Ahoy - PC Mirror's Edge Jan 13, 2009, 18:35 Nexus

I bought it reduced for the 360 (not second hand), mostly because I really want them to make a sequel for a game with a concept as cool as this.

Replayability is pretty terrible (really? a parkour game [about freedom of movement] where I can't make my own races or anything?) and a few of those single player levels have fiendishly bad level design where you're being shot and have no idea where to go. On the other hand, I enjoyed most of the game a lot. The least enjoyable bits always seemed to coincide with bits where you were almost forced to brave the fighting system.

800 points for more Time Trial maps is a complete no-sale for me though. It seems like DICE are completely misunderstanding how people's (or just my) perception of the value of a short single player game with rudimentary multiplayer is changing (imo). Save $10 a few times and you can buy L4D on Steam, which is almost infinitely more replayable and fun to play with friends... or more songs for rockband.

PS. stop requiring an email address and EA account for frikkin time trials, when I have an XBLA account and that should be plenty. I found that really annoying, and it almost stopped me trying that feature completely.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Jan 13, 14:00 Re: Ships Ahoy - PC Mirror's Edge NobleAtreides
  2. Jan 13, 14:06  Re: Ships Ahoy - PC Mirror's Edge DI-MeisterM
  3. Jan 13, 14:07 Re: Ships Ahoy - PC Mirror's Edge StingingVelvet
  4. Jan 13, 14:13 Re: Ships Ahoy - PC Mirror's Edge DangerDog
  5. Jan 13, 14:37  Re: Ships Ahoy - PC Mirror's Edge Jerykk
  6. Jan 13, 14:48   Re: Ships Ahoy - PC Mirror's Edge Mostly_Harmless
  7. Jan 13, 15:03    Re: Ships Ahoy - PC Mirror's Edge kimbambaman
  8. Jan 13, 15:04    Re: Ships Ahoy - PC Mirror's Edge Bodolza
  9. Jan 13, 15:39 Re: Ships Ahoy - PC Mirror's Edge DangerDog
  10. Jan 13, 15:45 Re: Ships Ahoy - PC Mirror's Edge Bludd