Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood Announced

Ubisoft announces Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood, a prequel to the western-themed shooter Call of Juarez, is under development at Techland. The game will be released for Windows, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3 later this year, and here is a brief description: "Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood transports players from a ravaged Civil War-era Georgia to the Aztec ruins of Mexico. In the wildest West ever depicted, players can embody both McCall brothers in an intense Wild West storyline full of greed, lust and lawlessness that takes place during a legendary period of American history." They promise more details on the Call of Juarez Website, but it has not been updated yet.

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood Announced Jan 14, 2009, 16:16 Muscular Beaver

I never said Billy's level design was frustrating. It was just bad. Boring, not fun, etc.

I wouldnt even go as far and say it was bad. Yes, the worst thing was the mountain, but everything else was pretty good and a change to all that shooting as the priest.
For example I loved the mission where I needed to steal the saddle or get into the house of that girl undetected or needed to sneak through the bandit camp.
No, IMO they werent bad at all.

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood Announced Jan 14, 2009, 12:06 Jerykk

Climbing up the mountain was not so much fun, but it was nowhere near frustration.

I never said Billy's level design was frustrating. It was just bad. Boring, not fun, etc.

16. Re: Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood Announced Jan 14, 2009, 11:55 Krovven

Climbing up the mountain was not so much fun, but it was nowhere near frustration.

No. But jumping off it a few times was

15. Re: Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood Announced Jan 14, 2009, 04:40 Muscular Beaver

I never had problems with the level design. Climbing up the mountain was not so much fun, but it was nowhere near frustration.  

- Mojo Jojo

14. Re: Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood Announced Jan 13, 2009, 20:23 Jerykk

Well, the stealth missions were only logical. The little wuss (what was his name? Billy?) couldnt just mow through dozens of enemies like the priest could.

The problem is that the stealth levels were horribly designed. Same with the platforming levels. Pretty much all of Billy's levels were bad.

13. Re: Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood Announced Jan 13, 2009, 20:22 bfg9000

I really hated this game.  

12. Re: Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood Announced Jan 13, 2009, 18:44 jam777

Still waiting for another Outlaws. One of the best games EVAR!

I am in complete agreement. Outlaws was awesome!

11. Re: Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood Announced Jan 13, 2009, 18:12 Muscular Beaver

Well, the stealth missions were only logical. The little wuss (what was his name? Billy?) couldnt just mow through dozens of enemies like the priest could.
Anyway, the priest was really fun, and the story was awesome.
Cant wait for this one!

The only thing that really annoyed me were the guns that always broke. You finally find one real good one that packs quite a punch and then 20 mins later it was broken.

- Mojo Jojo

10. Re: Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood Announced Jan 13, 2009, 17:46 Hump

Great game. One of the few devs to get the Western theme correct.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

9. Re: Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood Announced Jan 13, 2009, 16:28 Cutter

Still waiting for another Outlaws. One of the best games EVAR!

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

8. Re: Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood Announced Jan 13, 2009, 15:40 LittleMe

Maybe the game comes with Exodus' Bonded by Blood soundtrack!  

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

7. Re: Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood Announced Jan 13, 2009, 15:21 CJ_Parker

There was exactly one mission in the original game that required stealth (the one where you had to steal the saddle from that old farmer which took all of umm 3 minutes if you didn't rush shit). The other so called "stealth" missions where you were told to sneak around the camps of Apaches and stuff like that were completely optional. You could just as well put a bullet in the brain of every single Apache. It was totally up to you. People and reviewers who complained about too many stealth missions are -and I wish there were a more polite way to put it but there isn't- fucktards. Seriously.

6. Re: Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood Announced Jan 13, 2009, 15:18 the_culture

What happened to Techland's zombie game?

You mean Dead Island? Far as I know its still in development.

5. Re: Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood Announced Jan 13, 2009, 14:42 [THA] Hamst3r

Yes! Call of Juarez was a really fun game, I'll gladly take a prequel.  

- The Hamster Alliance
http://www.hamsteralliance.com/ (music)

http://twitter.com/hamst3r | http://www.facebook.com/hamsteralliance | http://www.youtube.com/hamsteralliance

4. Re: Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood Announced Jan 13, 2009, 13:50 Jerykk

As long as this focuses on gunfighting and not on lousy platforming or stealth, should be good.  

3. Re: Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood Announced Jan 13, 2009, 13:50 Fion

Yea it was a solid game. There were still a good number of stealth missions and the most fun was playing the crazed priest and his run & gun action.

The games fire propagation was quite well done as well.

2. Re: Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood Announced Jan 13, 2009, 13:38 Krovven

I enjoyed the first, so I'll probably check this out. Most likely wait for the price to come down though, most likely not worth full price.  

1. Re: Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood Announced Jan 13, 2009, 13:17 StingingVelvet

I loved Call of Juarez... the American version anyway, which I read was much improved with the removal of most of the stealth missions and more crossbow action instead.

Bring on the sequel.

What happened to Techland's zombie game?

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo