Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

F.E.A.R. 2 Demo This Month

F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin - le blog officiel has follow up in the site's native French on yesterday's indications that release details for a F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin demo were near. Translating the report on the official French blog for the first-person shooter sequel reveals that the demo will be released for Xbox 360 and Play Station 3 on January 22, but true to previous indications, paid subscribers to the Qore online magazine will get early access to the PS3 demo a week before that. They also have word on the Windows demo, which is a bit more vague, but it is said to be due before the end of the month. They say they are pushing Monolith for an exact date, and have their fingers crossed that all three demos will be released simultaneously. Thanks NoFrag.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: F.E.A.R. 2 Demo This Month Jan 11, 2009, 23:00 Lord Tea

I trust Monolith to release a great PC version,

I did trust Rockstar to release a proper PC version of GTA IV - and got screeeeeeeeeeeeeewd.

UPSA = United Police States of America
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: F.E.A.R. 2 Demo This Month Jan 11, 2009, 19:49 Jerykk

They're releasing the PS3 demo first, when the X360 versions of games always sell better - does that mean the X360 version took a back

I'm guessing it means Sony paid them extra for the early Qore exclusive demo. It's no surprise that the console demos are coming out before the PC demo, as they have go through certification and are thus prioritized. Same goes for the full game which, by all indication, has 360 as the lead SKU.

I'm sure the PC port will be solid, though. I didn't have any issues with Condemned.

This comment was edited on Jan 11, 2009, 19:51.

12. Re: F.E.A.R. 2 Demo This Month Jan 11, 2009, 19:20 theyarecomingforyou

I'm quickly, very quickly losing interest in this title: "Consoles demo on Jan 22, PC demo maybe sometime later." = Focus has been put on consoles = crappy PC port = BAD
Nonsense. It means nothing. They're releasing the PS3 demo first, when the X360 versions of games always sell better - does that mean the X360 version took a back seat? Stop making something out of nothing. Play the demo, read the reviews and stop getting sand in your fanny.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

11. we have played it... Jan 11, 2009, 15:35 Shataan

we played F.E.A.R..

A return to small enviros, crates, all indoor in a concrete building. Wet Dead Girl rip et`al. lol

I still think F.E.A.R.s best features were, the fire effects visuals, the A.I., and A.I. character design, the Matrix Bullet Time effect player controllable. Done.

Mp was interesting for a bit, but not long. I gotta say that when Monolith did AVP 2, I wanted them as far away from a possible AVP 3 as they could get. But after seeing these few features I just layed out in F.E.A.R., I wouldn`t mind if they took another stab at it. We`d get a beter more realistic color pallete, better character design and A.I., cool bullet time effects and fire. Just what the new AVP 3 needs.

So far the NOLF series was their best stuff. Imho.

10. Re: F.E.A.R. 2 Demo This Month Jan 11, 2009, 15:20 StingingVelvet

Yes, let's judge it before you even play it.

Placing a marketing focus on consoles is much different from a development focus. Consoles will sell more copies, period, and I'm sure the demo release has to do with that. I trust Monolith to release a great PC version, personally, and if you look at the vids the textures and such seem to be quite good.

9. Re: F.E.A.R. 2 Demo This Month Jan 11, 2009, 13:28 Lord Tea

I'm quickly, very quickly losing interest in this title: "Consoles demo on Jan 22, PC demo maybe sometime later." = Focus has been put on consoles = crappy PC port = BAD  
UPSA = United Police States of America

8. Re: F.E.A.R. 2 Demo This Month Jan 11, 2009, 12:28 Overon

Fear was a great shooter. But the girl and much of the horror elements seemed out of place and didn't fit with the near future sci-fi action.

I remember the excellent particle effects, the fun AI and the punch of the weapons over any of the plot devices.
Agreed the particle effects were best I had seen at the time and the weapons felt really punchy (their sound too) and the AI was really damn good. Eventually the plot devices got tiring as you grew to expect them.

7. Re: F.E.A.R. 2 Demo This Month Jan 11, 2009, 12:25 Tony!!!

Awww, the 22nd... by Birthday!!! I'll be 37.

ugghhhhh.

-Tony!!!;)
my 360 user name is Robo Pop

6. Re: F.E.A.R. 2 Demo This Month Jan 11, 2009, 07:15 Dmitri_M

Fear was a great shooter. But the girl and much of the horror elements seemed out of place and didn't fit with the near future sci-fi action.

I remember the excellent particle effects, the fun AI and the punch of the weapons over any of the plot devices.

This comment was edited on Jan 11, 2009, 07:18.

5. Re: F.E.A.R. 2 Demo This Month Jan 11, 2009, 03:15 Frijoles

FEAR 1 had a great demo. Sadly, the game wasn't as good. After the little girl scares you so many times, you just start expecting it. Oh, is that a ladder? Let's see if I can figure out the exact trigger for when she spawns. Still, I look forward to this demo. Hopefully they've added a few more tilesets.  

4. Re: F.E.A.R. 2 Demo This Month Jan 10, 2009, 21:16 LittleMe

So is the multiplayer for this game like Fear1? Didn't care for the first one's too much. It was just OK. Will the demo have multiplayer?  

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

3. Re: F.E.A.R. 2 Demo This Month Jan 10, 2009, 16:26 siapnar

Yep, looks like the constant game release marathon at the end of last year will continue through the first quarter of this year  

I have projectile dysfunction.

2. Re: F.E.A.R. 2 Demo This Month Jan 10, 2009, 15:49 Creston

No, you can't release a demo! Now the pirates will have to come up with another excuse for why they aren't buying your game.

I'm pretty excited about FEAR2, but it looks like it's going to get released right around the same time as Empire : Total War and Dawn of War 2.

Sigh. So many games, so little time.

Creston

1. Re: F.E.A.R. 2 Demo This Month Jan 10, 2009, 13:35 CJ_Parker

Xcellent. Bring it the fuck on!

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo