Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. C.h.e.a.p.

Steam's weekend deal is S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl, as GSC Game World's irradiated first-person shooter is now available for 75% off, which makes it $4.99.

View
44 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

44. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. C.h.e.a.p. Dec 21, 2008, 14:11 Nameless Again

No worries. If the other one will work, then that's cool. I just noticed it was for CS and didn't want to potentially hose my install.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

43. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. C.h.e.a.p. Dec 21, 2008, 07:05 Acleacius

The version I have is v.95, the CS version looks like 1.0, so maybe it's just an upgrade.

I tested my connection on PCPitStop it seems ok (getting 6m down and 480k up), yet when I try to upload to File Front or Rapid Spare I get this bizarre 29k upload speed(freaking feels like 1997), it eventually just stalls out my system. While the files are smaller I have uploaded at least 9 small mods for Fallout 3 to Nexus, with no problems.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

42. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. C.h.e.a.p. Dec 21, 2008, 05:55 Acleacius

Not sure what happened, I set it to upload to Filefront and left it when I got back looked like FF 3.0.5 was just spinning it's wheels this whole time, still working on it but not sure where the problem is atm.

Glad you got the CS version to work, it does seem odd that the most popular texture upgrade is no where to be found, maybe they made it compatible with both?

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

41. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. C.h.e.a.p. Dec 21, 2008, 02:01 Ecthelion

Strangely enough, that mod seems to work just fine with SoC. I didn't notice that it was for Clear Sky, so I downloaded it and tried it out. I noticed a definite improvement in textures.

I'm guessing Clear Sky shares a lot of textures with SoC, so the mod works either way.

40. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. C.h.e.a.p. Dec 21, 2008, 00:17 Acleacius

Bah, can't find it any where, so I will upload mine. Damn don't have the read me or anything only files. Hope Rar files are ok, it's almost 200meg so zip might not be as good. Should have a link up with in about 30 min.  

39. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. C.h.e.a.p. Dec 20, 2008, 23:54 Acleacius

Opps, apologizes about that checking atm and don't see the correct one, if I can't find it I will upload my version.

http://stalker.filefront.com/files/search/?search_category=all&fields_name=1&fields_filename=1&game=52&keyword=s.h.a.r.p.#results

This comment was edited on Dec 20, 2008, 23:55.

38. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. C.h.e.a.p. Dec 20, 2008, 21:21 Nameless Again

Ecthelion think this is the best complete texture upgrade.
http://stalker.filefront.com/file/SHARPER_FULL_version_832_textures;94212

Acleacius, does this work with Stalker: SOC? This mod is for Clear Sky. Thanks for all the links, btw.

37. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. C.h.e.a.p. Dec 20, 2008, 20:56 cronik

I couldn't resist as it's a steal at that price. Runs like butter too, maxed out on my aging rig that barely runs Crysis.  

36. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. C.h.e.a.p. Dec 20, 2008, 19:59 skyguy

thanks for all the info Acleacius.

35. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. C.h.e.a.p. Dec 20, 2008, 18:19 Acleacius

Might consider these non degrading armors and weapons, if you get annoyed by the game fast rate of decay.
http://stalker.filefront.com/files/search/?search_category=all&fields_name=1&fields_filename=1&game=52&keyword=degrade#results

Or a repair mod.
http://stalker.filefront.com/file/Repair_Mod_RusItaEngFraEspGerCzePol;78833

There are a lot of weapon mods, just type weapon in search, you probably want something that improves accuracy and damage, since they are set pretty badly so you will waste ammo. http://stalker.filefront.com/file/PLRs_Realistic_Weapons;88736

Can't think of a good weapon re-texture mod, atm. There are run speed increases (lot of running back in forth in game), weight limit increase and jump. Also there is a Faction reset, where you can pay a fine (sort of) to get better relations and a mod that will let you join any faction, iirc.

34. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. C.h.e.a.p. Dec 20, 2008, 17:41 Acleacius

Very nice map.
http://stalker.filefront.com/file/Advanced_Mapping_System;77951

Much better flashlight.
http://stalker.filefront.com/file/Light_23;80515

Better loot which is pretty necessary, since the games not really balanced. Might need to check the readme, if your using 1.6 but you can always add this after you have tried starting the game, with your other mods, then if it doesn't ctd, your good to go.
http://stalker.filefront.com/file/Extended_Loot_Mod;78958x#1641849

This is the command line I use, the noshadows doesn't remove them only gives you more in game choices.
XR_3DA.exe" -nointro -noshadows -nolog

33. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. C.h.e.a.p. Dec 20, 2008, 17:30 Acleacius

This removes the ridiculous time limits on quests, one of the most popular single mods, more than 46k downloads.
http://stalker.filefront.com/file/No_Time_Limits_on_Quests_Mod;77358

Here is the full bump mapping texture pack also.
http://stalker.filefront.com/file/New_Improved_Bump_Maps_FULL;79375

32. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. C.h.e.a.p. Dec 20, 2008, 17:25 Acleacius

Ecthelion think this is the best complete texture upgrade.
http://stalker.filefront.com/file/SHARPER_FULL_version_832_textures;94212

This is very important as it make Quest Givers invulnerable, huge problems with them getting killed. There is a version for normal and a version for OL.
http://stalker.filefront.com/files/search/?search_category=all&fields_name=1&fields_filename=1&game=52&keyword=VI-NPC#results

31. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. C.h.e.a.p. Dec 20, 2008, 14:19 Zzet

Truly a no-brainer, you must get this game.  

30. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. C.h.e.a.p. Dec 20, 2008, 13:17 Tumbler

Fucking Sold!

I already own this game and for $5 I'll get to load it from Steam! SWEET. I wish there was someway to get every game I own (boxed version) on steam for a $5 fee. Dawn of War would be on there, I hate reinstalling each expansion pack for that game.

I'm just realizing how bloody convenient steam is for owning computer games. Someone mentioned it earlier, you format your machine and you know you can get all your games reinstalled and ready with almost no effort.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

29. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. C.h.e.a.p. Dec 20, 2008, 12:51 Ecthelion

Are there any texture mods, or anything that improves the look? I haven't played much, but the exterior areas look a little underwhelming.  

28. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. C.h.e.a.p. Dec 20, 2008, 12:22 siapnar

Dimitri, yes, play it right from the get go with OL and then we can hear you bitch about how OL makes the game too hard, has many stupid creatures (9 foot tall guy with a 6 foot arm, ridiculous) or how the "mind bender" guys spawn commonly, take over entire bases by themselves, zombifiy them and oh, wait, game over.

I played on Hell difficulty or whatever it was and yes, although it was pretty damn hard, it made progressing a very rewarding experience (unless you had to quickload 1000 times).

The only time I really had an issue with the short "mind bender" guys was right inside the NPP and about 18 of them spawned in the hallways ahead along with like 7 invisible face huggers. That was fucking ridiculous. I tried to pass it about 20 times until I realized it was hopeless. I then activated cheats and plowed my through, and I was damn glad I cheated because past the hallways was even worse.

Still, great game, and the OL mod is a keeper if you can put up with some extra creatures spawning.

I have projectile dysfunction.

27. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. C.h.e.a.p. Dec 20, 2008, 11:49 Acleacius

Like Surf says it's a difficult mod, the biggest deal/benefit about OL is you can Free Play after the ending (which they changed) and Vanilla you can't. To see the Ending, alone should get you to play Vanilla, since it's not really a bad game now it's patched up for the most part, giving you a possible 6 or so endings based on how you get along with different factions and basically (1-6) choice at the end. That's the non spoiler version.

Still though some mods are mandatory imo, as an example something that allows you to carry more weight, less weapon/armor degrading and . Unless your a glutton for punishment, in the sense you like constantly making trips back to the merchant every 15 minutes (Vanilla limit is 50lbs) in a game that uses Respawning way too much.

You can end up in a never ending cycle of leave the merchant travel to an area about 5 min away, another 5 bandits you just killed in the same place 15 minutes ago, which caused you to go to the merchant once you picked up there gear.

Additionally some quests still break very easily, so don't go in thinking this is a patched perfect game. An example about half way through the game, you are given a choice to get a briefcase, which requires you to go at a certain time, even then the AI tends to break very easily making it neigh impossible to get in and out without being noticed, which is the intent for several reasons.

What many of do, is adjust Faction differently than the Vanilla version to make the game more stable and actually more realistic.

26. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. C.h.e.a.p. Dec 20, 2008, 11:31 Narf2029

I'd also recommend at least one playthrough with vanilla Stalker, then going to OL and never looking back. Some of the enemies they brought back are tough but it just makes the challenge greater and more satisfying. I also like how armor will never make you invincible like it does in vanilla. Being that it's a totally hostile land, I didn't like how the best armor made me virtually impervious to all but the very latest-game weapons. The armor having less effectiveness is probably a byproduct of changing all the guns around - now you can actually hit things with that newbie pistol, and they will feel it! It makes you really think before and during each firefight, rather than just mindlessly wading through every encounter.  
Huh? I'm sorry, I was thinking about cake.

25. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. C.h.e.a.p. Dec 20, 2008, 11:10 Surf

Dimitri, yes, play it right from the get go with OL and then we can hear you bitch about how OL makes the game too hard, has many stupid creatures (9 foot tall guy with a 6 foot arm, ridiculous) or how the "mind bender" guys spawn commonly, take over entire bases by themselves, zombifiy them and oh, wait, game over.

So please, by ALL means Lord Dmitri, play the OL mod, hate the game.

God damn dude, you are such a fucking dick on here.

44 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo