Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Tech Bits

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: GTA 4 (PC)- Benchmark Dec 19, 2008, 14:19 Huzsar

I cannot blame preview stories for not mentioning the games performance. If that was the case we would hear the same complaints out of every preview as each game would still be in development and not optimised or tested for bugs. However not mentioning the buggieness and performance in the first look or the review is completly unacceptable and this is exacly what happend with GTA4 it seems.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 19, 2008, 08:36 dryden555

agreed but I think there was something else going on too. The console version of GTA 4 get 10 scores almost everywhere but it didnt deserve that score. Now months go by and the conversion to PC comes out. What to do? Those same reviewing websites have to either own up that there original review was all hype, or pretend that everything is OK with the PC conversion. I'm sure it crossed some editors' minds to re-review the PC game and throw an 7 or 8 on it but that would be a bad idea if they wanted to keep their jobs.  

3. Re: GTA 4 (PC)- Benchmark Dec 19, 2008, 02:00 Jerykk

None of the preview stories on GTA IV for PC mentioned how badly this game performs.

I think I read a couple of previews that mentioned it. Oddly enough, none of the reviews did.

2. Re: GTA 4 (PC)- Benchmark Dec 19, 2008, 01:56 Creston

I mean, the vast majority of the game review/preview industry is just a blatant shill?

Pretty much, yeah. Best place to get unbiased info is from blogs, but those won't really have much preview access.

If I read reviews of a game I just gather five or six or so, and try to find some commonalities in the reviews. What do they praise, what do they find fault with. If the things they mention are things that I don't like in a game, I just won't buy it.

Other than that, a review is worth less than the packets it uses to get on your system.

IGN and Gamespot are the two biggest shills, but I don't think any of the others are all that far behind.

Creston

1. GTA 4 (PC)- Benchmark Dec 19, 2008, 00:39 LittleMe

None of the preview stories on GTA IV for PC mentioned how badly this game performs. Why is that? The DRM slows the game down that much? Or did they just give glowy previews because they are bought & paid for by T2? Its always been a bit biased but have things gotten as bad as it seems now? I mean, the vast majority of the game review/preview industry is just a blatant shill?  

Perpetual debt is slavery.

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo