Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

GTA4 PC Patch Issues

The rocky launch of the Windows edition of Grand Theft Auto IV lead to a quick patch, but this has lead to problems of its own, reports Voodoo Extreme. It seems a number of issues have been reported, and Rockstar offers a workaround for one that can lead to stuck keys. This involves rebooting your computer after unplugging any DirectInput devices, and if the problem persists, uninstalling the drivers for these devices.

View
50 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

50. Re: GTA4 PC Patch Issues Mar 23, 2009, 10:32 Durbee

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Mar 23, 2009, 10:33.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

49. Re: GTA4 PC Patch Issues Dec 18, 2008, 19:54 HRGranny

if you have a q6600 you have probibly turned it up to 3.6g, I had many problems with games when i had it at full OC but turned it down to 3.33g all auto and all is great on Intel X48, Q6600, 8800gt OC'ed, 4g 1600 DDR3. All games that you have mentioned including GTA 4 are running smoothly and and maxed out with reasonable FrameRates. Alot of people complain about games not being optimized. It may be, but more importantly its a lack of poorly optimized PC's and people who are ignorant to the fact that Knowing ones self is the true light inside to peace and enlightenment. Well the same goes with your rig! I had lots of problems but most of the time it was my Fiddle Faddle with my rig and every game has helped me to optimize my rig to its heavenly state that it is now even with an 8800 gt 512 the sweatest card ever for price and proformance.  

48. Re: GTA4 PC Patch Issues Dec 15, 2008, 07:02 LFace

I finally got the game running at a playable framerate (barely mind) but had to drop resolution to 1024x768.

I noticed that when it was in a widescreen res, it would run really badly even if it was in a res close to the previously stated one. Maybe its poorly optimised for widescreen visuals but ok on 4:3?

Even though its in a 4:3 res, it seems to look not too bad on my 20" w/s tft and thats something considering before it would be maybe 7fps most of the time, and probably 3fps on indoor scenes..

*edited for tard spelling

This comment was edited on Dec 15, 2008, 07:03.

47. Re: GTA4 PC Patch Issues Dec 14, 2008, 18:50 siapnar

Q6600, GTX 260, 6GB Ram and Vista 64-bit...

I have no purpose to lie here, when a game runs like crap, I will say so. I have had endless problems with games like Splinter Cell Double Agent and Crysis.

GTA4, for me, runs really well.

You guys have to realize that for every one loud complaint on a message board, there are probably ten people playing the game without concerns. That's how it always is on the Internet, the loud complaints are heard more than anything else.

Fair enough.

I still think this game is poorly optimized for PC. They did a great job on it for the consoles.. but screwed this port up pretty bad.

I have projectile dysfunction.
------------------------------
Playing: Vanishing of Ethan Carter, Call of Juarez: Gunslinger, DiRT 2, Trials Frontier

46. Re: GTA4 PC Patch Issues Dec 14, 2008, 17:24 tuddies

the game is fantastic! runs great 8800gt on a e6600 3ghz

45. Re: GTA4 PC Patch Issues Dec 14, 2008, 14:49 StingingVelvet

On the Internet you mostly hear the "squeaky wheels"... many people are playing this game with no significant issues. I have the game on high textures and highest renderings, with draw distance settings at 50-70, and the game runs at about 40fps in 1920x1200 resolution. That makes it look and run a LOT better than the 360 version I played extensively 6 months ago.

What are your PC specs?

Q6600, GTX 260, 6GB Ram and Vista 64-bit...

I have no purpose to lie here, when a game runs like crap, I will say so. I have had endless problems with games like Splinter Cell Double Agent and Crysis.

GTA4, for me, runs really well.

You guys have to realize that for every one loud complaint on a message board, there are probably ten people playing the game without concerns. That's how it always is on the Internet, the loud complaints are heard more than anything else.

This comment was edited on Dec 14, 2008, 14:53.

44. Re: GTA4 PC Patch Issues Dec 14, 2008, 13:24 siapnar

Either that, or he's talking smack  

Playing: Vanishing of Ethan Carter, Call of Juarez: Gunslinger, DiRT 2, Trials Frontier

43. Re: GTA4 PC Patch Issues Dec 14, 2008, 11:44 Eldaron Imotholin

What are your PC specs?

Those specs must be very... very insane.

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.

42. Re: GTA4 PC Patch Issues Dec 14, 2008, 11:43 siapnar

On the Internet you mostly hear the "squeaky wheels"... many people are playing this game with no significant issues. I have the game on high textures and highest renderings, with draw distance settings at 50-70, and the game runs at about 40fps in 1920x1200 resolution. That makes it look and run a LOT better than the 360 version I played extensively 6 months ago.

What are your PC specs?

41. Re: GTA4 PC Patch Issues Dec 14, 2008, 11:11 Dmitri_M

Turn off v-synch... if it's still sluggish, edit the .ini file and increase mouse sensitivity past 1.0... I use 2.3. It plays as fast and smooth as a PC shooter with these tweaks.
Sensitivity setting cures this for the most part, thanks.

40. Re: GTA4 PC Patch Issues Dec 14, 2008, 09:58 dryden555

I should have mentioned turning off vertical sync in Dead Space -- that fixes the whole mouse lag issue. Sorry! The text graphics were not blurry for me at any resolution so I'm not sure why that happened for someone else. There are artful graphics throughout, with impressive real-time lighting and shadowing effects that easily surpass the strangely fuzzy glowy bitmaps in GTA4.  

39. Re: GTA4 PC Patch Issues Dec 14, 2008, 09:22 Bludd

I love this game. The gameplay and attention to detail helps me overlook the performance issues. All the external stuff you have to install is annoying, but when you have the ecosystem all up and running it works well. However, the autopatch from LIVE didn't work so I had to download the patch manually per the VE3D link.

Still, this game loves CPU power. I need to upgrade.

38. Re: GTA4 PC Patch Issues Dec 14, 2008, 08:38 Starang

#37 thx for the tip, plays way better now.  

37. Re: GTA4 PC Patch Issues Dec 14, 2008, 08:28 StingingVelvet

I'm playing through Dead Space PC, enjoying it for what it is. But a good port? Hmm..no. Very weird mouse controls. Not a game breaker, but certainly "off". Doesn't feel like an actual mouselook, rather some kind of swinging pitch\yaw motion. And the blurry menus and textures will always signify poor port in my book.

Turn off v-synch... if it's still sluggish, edit the .ini file and increase mouse sensitivity past 1.0... I use 2.3. It plays as fast and smooth as a PC shooter with these tweaks.

36. Re: GTA4 PC Patch Issues Dec 14, 2008, 08:26 StingingVelvet

No issues pre or post patch... game runs silky smooth and looks amazing, much better than the 360 version.
I don't believe you. Maybe your standards are very... very low.

It's a shame some are having issues.
Some?! That's one freckin' funny and pseudo-genuine way of pissing people off...

35. Re: GTA4 PC Patch Issues Dec 14, 2008, 07:45 Prez

If by "good port" you mean that the PC controls were deliberately made unresponsive, sloppy, and sluggish so the gameplay wouldn't have to be tweaked for the superior control scheme...  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

34. Re: GTA4 PC Patch Issues Dec 14, 2008, 07:37 Dmitri_M

I'm playing through Dead Space PC, enjoying it for what it is. But a good port? Hmm..no. Very weird mouse controls. Not a game breaker, but certainly "off". Doesn't feel like an actual mouselook, rather some kind of swinging pitch\yaw motion. And the blurry menus and textures will always signify poor port in my book.

This comment was edited on Dec 14, 2008, 07:39.

33. Re: GTA4 PC Patch Issues Dec 14, 2008, 07:29 dryden555

play deadspace for PC instead -- great gory action game and well ported to PC  

32. Re: GTA4 PC Patch Issues Dec 14, 2008, 03:01 Dmitri_M

After playing GTAIV for 3 days, from a GAMEPLAY standpoint, I can't fathom why anyone would buy a PS3 or Xbox360 solely to play it. Which many people did. Waste of money.

This comment was edited on Dec 14, 2008, 03:05.

31. Re: Flagshipped? Dec 14, 2008, 03:01 Kxmode

Crack is whack  

50 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo